Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Old Bill v Towners - game ON

Father Jack

Thanks Theo & VMan for your info laying the ghost on Krbs and Liam's, absence.

I also go along with Carstorman  comments being another admitted "half empty glass" man.

Ps.

(Finally I am sorry but I have to say  it again, so as to hopefully avoid any more Mickey Taking, is that Barcelona do have a passing routine known as the" Barca.... Square" which every team in the club goes through during their warm up sessions. That said, I promise not to mention it again.)

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Well I have to disagree with most posters on here. I thought the game was dreary and at the end we were lucky to escape with a point. A saved penalty means the score could easily have been 2-1.

I think that Andy is a lucky manager as he has gone the last four games without defeat.

Against Dorking some posters agreed with me, "The quality of both sides was pretty poor" and we won against the run of play and it could be said that the better side lost.

Against Tooting we were very lucky to scrape a point as Tooting dominated in most areas of the park and if the goal keepers had been swapped we would have lost by a hat full.

Against Harlow we were the better side and deserved our points but the difference was there for all to see namely Kirbs and Hope in the side.

Against the coppers we reverted to type there was no real penetration by either side and chances were few but we were lucky to get away with a point see post above.

I wait to see what team turns up tomorrow. Harrow are having a wretched time after some great early season form when I believe they were at the top of the table for a brief period.

I completely agree with Steph, we were second best yesterday to a very poor Met Police side who at least clearly responded to their Manager's half time team talk. Chalk and cheese from the Harlow performance.

On the plus side, I thought Mario Noto had his best game for some weeks and Darren Purse put in a battling performance at the back.

Passing seemed to go completely out the window (from Darren as much as anybody else) as we resorted to type in lumping balls up to Simon Thomas. I really don't see where he adds to this team other than in defending corners. Our creative midfielders/wingers seem completely inhibited with Simon on the pitch. The amount of times the ball sailed over his head - with no attempt made to turn and spin in behind - was frankly embarrassing and I'm getting fed up watching it.

I appreciate its not the Manager's fault if players book holidays during the season, though Liam seems to have had no indication he would be played since joining until Boxing Day. I understand Jack Hockney is a top striker in youth football - so why have we only seem him in midfield? Perhaps time to see what he's got up front.

Also could not understand the substitutions we made yesterday - when going ahead in a game we seem content to sit back and wait for the other team to score which they invariably do. Andy gave a lot away when he complained about having to change the team in a recent game at home, after an individual error meant we had to chase the game to get back into it. Why were we not set up to score goals in the first place? 

I agree with you AT with regards to the substitutions yesterday. And I agree with you about Jack Hockney. I decided to do a bit of “googling” and have found Jack was mentioned on the FA website for his winning goal a game of the FA youth cup. It looks like he came on at extra time (after his team had failed to capitalise on chances during the game (as quoted by the FA), and then scored a thumper in the 115 minute. So if this lad can deal with that pressure last year, i wonder what he could do for us? He has been on the bench the last few games, so I don’t understand why he hasn’t started yet and why he hasn’t been given a go in his position.

Some interesting points made and I would agree that the Met game showed a return to a bit more of a 1 dimensional style of play. Whilst not the quickest, Liam does give the team more movement and link play with other attacking players plus he is the goalscorer we lack.

Holidays are frustrating but as stated, it was more than likely booked in advance of re-joining the club and who’s to say if AL would have selected him anyway.

Hockney could be worth a try in some way but at the moment we are playing with one centre forward and therefore that role requires it to be either Thomas or Hope to enable the ball to be held up and aerial battling. Craig Calver appears to not be an option that’s preferred by the managaement.

I’d really like to see Aaron Greene getting back to his early season form as currently he appears to be searching a little after injury. I’d also like to see us get a natural left back in to the squad to bolster the defence and complement Aaron down the left. Jey Siva perhaps???

Is Kirby’s injury serious as we certainly need him to replace Darren now?

Agreed on Noto. He played well and given time on the ball is a good footballer.

Looking forward to the Harrow game before a depressing return to work! Happy New Yesr.