Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

More bad news for the gits

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
17 replies to this topic

offline Wobbly Wayne rides again

Wobbly Wayne rides again
  • Reserves Coach
Ground turned down at tonights council meeting, due to finances not being in place.

lets hope they hang on in there and see the season out, and get themselves sorted out ( at what ever level they end up at ) in the summer.

Why has Kent got such a bad record at footie club financial management..

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
As much as no one likes them, its the supporter you feal sorry for, i bet anyone you speak to deep down would not like to see a small club go bust, after all we all know its more than money , its the passion for your local club.(plus the 6 points) well they will help.

offline American FLEET FAN No1

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
As much as town Councils tend to ignore the point. A Football club is the Heart of the community, gives members of the said Town a source of pride, and should be helped not hindered.

offline Gordon T

Gordon T
  • First XI - Sub
So what hapens now? presumably they will be automaticaly relegated, but where from there?

offline Hempstead Gaz

Hempstead Gaz
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Much as I feel sorry for the true and genuine supporters of 'git, I do feel that much of the problem has been brought about by mismanagement of the club by those who should know better (and have duly resigned). Ambition and plans for a glamourous new ground are one thing, but as both Maidstone and Sittingbourne have found to their cost, you do need a shedfull of money to start with + a big fanbase. Margate had neither the money, number of supporters through the turnstiles nor the finacial nous to realise their overzealous plans.
They can, take heart, however, from the fact that both the Bourne and the Stones have arisen from the ashes and are slowly rebuilding. Margate can do this too.
All at the Fleet will watch with keen interest further developments at Hartsdown Park (or wherever).
The storyline is more implausable than those of the late "Striker" in the Sun newspaper.

offline Hempstead Gaz

Hempstead Gaz
I suppose Andy could make an offer for Che. £20 signing on fee, £40 per week + a £100 a goal. Wouldn't cost much to employ him.

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
You may well joke.

Given that the majority of comments that I have seen posted by Margate fans show they don't expect the club to finish the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Che ended up back at the club - we are a bit short of strikers!!!!!

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
A real mess for Margate - given that , last week they were given the impression that the pre council meeting was positive.

Parmenter obviously knew what was going to happen though, resigning as he did, and the supporters seemed prepared for the worst as their messageboard indicates that some were already talking of a meeting to (potentially) rebuild, early next week.

Bad news if they go under before the end of the year, given that we'll lose 6 points, but difficult to see how they can continue to finance the wage bill, etc - the end of the season must seem a long way off right now for the club and supporters.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
If Margate now throw in the towel and resign from the conference then the new league table will look like this

There will be only two to go down, but even so it drops us back to within two points of the drop zone albeit with matches in hand.

offline Dougofthefleet

Dougofthefleet
  • Trainee
Well there dragging us down with them then

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
How? We have the rest of the season to get the points needed to stay up!

offline FourFourTwo

FourFourTwo
  • Reserves
I'd rather seen him go for Darren Watson. Just the player we're looking for IMO

offline Unrecognized Genius

Unrecognized Genius
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
In the little I've seen of him, I was quite impressed with Darren Watson, too: took their goal at the Crabble very well & showed great determination, followed by a perfect cross for their one at our place.

However, if I was a 'Git supporter, I'd be a bit miffed with this automatic assumption that all their players are now up for grabs.

Best wishes to the people there trying to salvage something.

EC

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
According to their Press release today, Margate will be continuing on a week to week basis.

They have also signed Manny Omoyonmi on a further month's loan starting today.

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
There's talk of collections for Margate at all home games tomorrow.....

.....can't help feeling our club could benefit better from any extra cash!

offline chilled out entertainer

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
i think we should buy sodje the animal and have a new raffle every week. £1 and the winner gets to smack him in the face at half time on the pitch. I would gladly use my all my salary for that one. I'm sure others would too.A nice little earner for fordy and the fleet, we could recoup our outlay for him in about .....20 or so mins after the first raffle started?
What do you think.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
The RK report on their Sports program tonight suggested that Mr Piper is still very hopeful of putting a new deal together and of getting that through at the next Council meeting in 2 weeks time.

The RK presenter seemed to have been convinced that it was still positive for them. And apparently, Piper still believes that, if the ground gets started by the end of month, they will get sufficient of it built by 31 May to satisfy the Conference. They quoted the precedent of Telford, who apparently satisfied the Conference with a ground that was only completed on 2 sides at the time.

Still seems doubtful to me, but one never knows ...

offline Alan ( GNFC )

Alan ( GNFC )
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
If the detailed planning application was submitted this week , as noted in the statement by the council , then the council will determine it in an 8 week timescale , then the finance can be put in place on a viable scheme .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus