Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Towners 0 -1 Maldon

Mr Happy

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
The comments & abuse given directed at individual players yesterday was totally unacceptable. Those responsible need to have a long think about the affect of those actions, and how they are going to construct an appropriate apology. Unless and until they do I doubt whether they are welcome at Town games.

Who, when & where did this abuse take place?
SoB please clarify these accusations, like I said I stood behind both goals for 89 mins then moved before the final whistle to the other side of the tunnel & watched the last couple of mins from the 18 yard line then left on the final whistle & at no time did I hear any abuse other than the usual groans & moans, certainly nothing untoward.

It appears to me that someone has asked for it to be raised & at the moment it seems its being blown out of all proportion.
West Ham fans yesterday chanted "your not fit to wear the shirt" will they be asked to apologise?

Molehills & mountains me thinks!

The comments & abuse given directed at individual players yesterday was totally unacceptable. Those responsible need to have a long think about the affect of those actions, and how they are going to construct an appropriate apology. Unless and until they do I doubt whether they are welcome at Town games.

Well I'm not sorry and I'm not apologising. I had got to the stage where a number of my friends on the terraces were not attending anymore due to the poor performances. If I'm not welcome I'm sure there are other local teams to see a match on a Saturday. Something had to be done. Fans made it clear how they felt. I joined in - no regrets.

RnR, ignore the minority & continue to support your team, Ive never heard & cant imagine you "hurling abuse" at any of our team, you may of expressed your feelings & frustrations as others do, (some towards the ref every game without any recriminations)but then I think you pay your money at the turnstile dont you.

At most clubs, those who shout the abuse are usually part of the clubs hard-core support. Their negative comments or verbal outbursts may not be welcome but those same supporters are usually the same people who offer the loudest and most passionate vocal support to the team when things are going well. IMO I think it has to be a case of rough with the smooth I’m afraid.

Sorry Mark but I totally disagree with you. No one was hurling abuse at Hammatt. However, the more vocal supporters were, rightly, criticizing his play and the fact that he seems to get picked regardless of his form. In the past I have openly criticized him and have also praised him, especially in the first few months of the season. Supporters pay their money and have a right to say and think what they want even if directors and the friends disagree. I draw the line at actual abuse but other than the occasional one off expletives born out of frustration by some of the younger lads, this was not apparant today. To say that Town fans are not welcome at future games is totally wrong. The fans pay their entrance and keep our club going.

I also feel that comments on our official website shoudl be taken off. An official website should not be used as a vehicle for one or a few persons' opinions.

Mr H-I am going to have to disagree now. Totally unacceptable & disproportionate abuse was being used at individual players on Saturday. To say that everybody has the right to say whatever they like just because they have stumped up £7 is a total nonsense. Respect and proportionality are absolute requirements of any rights supposed conveyed by paying an admission price. This is a damaging incident to the club's reputation, and cannot be ignored. The player(s) involved are entitled to an apology from ALL of those involved. Let's see whether those involved are big enough to make it. Regretfully, I have my doubts (but would love to be proved wrong).

The only player I heard being singled out was Bryan Hammett and I heard no actual abuse. Yes, some fans were chanting that he got picked because his father is the assistant manager but that is not abuse. If anyone was using abusive language towards Bryan then they should have been warned by the stewards and ejected if their behaviour did not improve. HOwever, once again, I heard no actual abuse and was standing fairly close to you.

So, do I

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
The only player I heard being singled out was Bryan Hammett and I heard no actual abuse. Yes, some fans were chanting that he got picked because his father is the assistant manager but that is not abuse. If anyone was using abusive language towards Bryan then they should have been warned by the stewards and ejected if their behaviour did not improve. HOwever, once again, I heard no actual abuse and was standing fairly close to you.

So, do I take it then that singling out of a player in the way you own up to above is i) not abusive and ii) caught by your analysis of 'I've paid my money so I can do/say what I like' then?

Perhaps a better test would be to judge it by whether you would be prepared to make those comments to a player's face. Somehow, I doubt it!

I'd do it. Mark, No problem

But on saturday I don't blame Bryan. It was just an all round bad performance.

At the beginning of the season Jim said he would resign if we didn't make the play offs.

I'm going to be very honest and say I hope we don't. I honestly don't think he is the man for the job anymore. He is a great bloke and he is a total Towner but I think we should use his talents elsewhere. Bringing on the kids!

Ok Bring on the abuse.

But I am just being honest.

For what its worth I understand Bryan is a great motivator. Maybe Bryan should replace his dad.....!

Originally Posted By: The Horse'sMouth

I'm going to be very honest and say I hope we don't. I honestly don't think he is the man for the job anymore.

I can’t believe you actually want us to miss out on the play offs so Jim can be true to his word and walk away. I hope we make the play-offs and I hope succeed this year. I for one would rather watch Town hovering just above the relegation places in the Ryman Premier League or the BG Southern League next season than watching near the top of the Ryman League 1 North again.