Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sad indictment on our society

No-one knows exactly Invis.

Its all been kept at secret squirrel level. I know at one point last term he suspended the school care-taker. This lasted a fortnight until her complaint to the Union had her re-instated.

ANYWAY.....................

UPDATE:

School finished this week and he was up there this morning clearing his desk and office, so he ain't coming back.

Probably the best thing. coz in my view, the mans a Praaaat !

Lets face facts.Many football clubs both pro and non-league are faced with the reality that most of their long term fanbase have moved away from their traditional communities.Be that Tottenham/Enfield/Edgware.whoever

In the last 25 years the make up of those areas have changed beyond recognition.Families and communities that had lived witnin a few miles of those grounds for many generations are now dispearsed all over the south east.They have been replaced by large diverse immigrant communities.Fact! Who's fault that is and whether people feel that is is good or bad,is another political arguement that i don't want to get into.Sufice to say that those immigrant communities do NOT choose to pay money to watch football matches in any numbers.

Can clubs survive the situation.Teams like Spurs can, because their fanbase are happy to commute back to the old hometown in order to watch their team.Can newer formed clubs or struggling clubs attract significant fanbases from the local communities.I would say at the moment.NO Chance!

Even amonst clubs situated in inner city highly ethically diverse areas,it is still rare to see ethnic minority fans (who are not friends or relatives of players).This has to be accepted as fact!

So can clubs survive as their traditional fanbase move further and further away from the area,and those new communities that live in the area don't attend matches??? Some clubs will survive,some won't.

We've made our 'New Labour' bed, we'll all have to lie in in.

While I agree with what you say LS, I would have said that the old, real Enfield did not fall into this category. Much of the support in the Southbury Road days still lived in the borough - including the Invisible family. But of course Enfield is not an inner city borough.

Let's hope Enfield Town can re-create that. Of course there's nothing wrong with supporters living outside the borough too........

the world is small...it used to be big...communications work in nano seconds they used to work in days....

LS is right in what he says and it will not change...as much as I hate anything to do with NL and their gangsta rap fck everyone but us PC mentality they are not to blame...just unfortunate to be in office as the world got smaller and IT systems evolved.....we are a multi cultured race of drifters of all nationalities....communities are a thing of the past...

the light switch is on the left by the door.... grin

.... and apparently you can't get a builder, painter or decorator in Poland for love nor money.

They're all over.......................

(Did you say on the left by the door, Unc ?)