Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

not so much a football match...

Uncle Urchin

more a channel crossing as the rain drove across the emerald carpet and the ref asked for much forking and furking before play could commence....(good job I had my moonie boots on) bootyshake

now if a pitch will be playable in those sort of conditions today it would be ours... but it was marginal I tell thee....however...after much posturing and conferring the wise men in black decided that we should proceed and therefore play we did and in fairness to both teams they tried but the conditions were atrocious and it really was a lottery out there and it crossed my mind as play commenced that our season hung in the balance right there in front of me on the waterlogged bridge avenue pitch........

get lucky here my son and we are off and running I said to myself as I gave myself the pre match talk and frankly we did get lucky....or luckier than they did...0-1 at half time and I thought we deserved more but with balls holding up in the water...the players sliding all over the place and the rain driving down... I really did feel for the players and fear the worst until parks sublimely turned and slotted home from 15 yards for the 80th minute equaliser...

that would have done me there and then to be honest and would have probably been a fair reflection on the brave endeavours of both teams....

but...this is urchinland where NL dreams really do come true and so........

88 minutes..... lots of urchin pressure and amos is brutally scythed down in the area and up steps janners to coolly slot home and send the crowd crazy and nab the 3 points.....the idiot ref tried hard to fck it up by playing too much added time and would still be playing now if his lino hadn't run on the pitch and remonstarted with him..(absolutely true)....

a great 3 points and well done to everyone...even gaffer smiled as he left the pitch and thats a first on a saturday... cuddle

and so onwards to ramsgate again on tuesday and another 3 points at the third time of asking sees us rockin' and rollin' in play off land... yay get in there..... cheerleader yay

and finally...a word for our guests today....nice genuine footie folk...good vocal fans and a committed bunch of players...if they carry on like that they will drag themselves up the table... applause

Spot on, Unc.

This was a tricky game in very difficult conditions. I'm not sure that playing Richard Goddard up front worked out but Simon Parker worked his socks off all afternoon and was my man of the match.

Janners and Amos helped tip the balance slightly in our favour and while we may not have fully deserved all three points, our commitment certainly warranted a victory.

Fingers crossed that we can get the game at Ramsgate played and come home with another win.

not the best of games today, but it wasn't going to be with the weather like it was today. Good result, i doubt folkestone will go down this year, a nice bunch their fans.

great comeback from us. They got lucky to grab their goal from nothing.Thought the players dugged in deep and grinding out the victory desereved, i think donny looks stronger at right back and Dale's stunning save from 20+ yards kept us in the game, as at 2-0 i doubt we would have comeback, but anything is possible in urchinland !!

i do hope we get a result at ramsgate on tuesday and i believe the players and colin have what it takes to get a win. A very good win it would be ahead of the billericiay game

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
.....the idiot ref tried hard to fck it up by playing too much added time and would still be playing now if his lino hadn't run on the pitch and remonstarted with him..(absolutely true)....

Sounds remarkably like the referee we had the other weekend against Great Wakering.

Originally Posted By: urchinboy2
not the best of games today, but it wasn't going to be with the weather like it was today. Good result, i doubt folkestone will go down this year, a nice bunch their fans.

great comeback from us, in which a game we should have won. They got lucky to grab their goal from nothing.Thought the players dugged in deep and grinding out the victory desereved, i think donny looks stronger at right back and Dale's stunning save from 20+ yards kept us in the game, as at 2-0 i doubt we would have comeback, but anything is possible in urchinland !!

i do hope we get a result at ramsgate on tuesday and i believe the players and colin have what it takes to get a win. A very good win it would be ahead of the billericiay game

Erm Urchinboy....

... Hornchurch won 2-1!!

maybe you should stay to the end of the match instead of sneeking out at half time!! wink gotcha