Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jim or Peter

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

rhodes reckons 99.99% of forum visitors will find Jim Carrey funny. Now that may be true but in a straight vote between him and rhodes's pet hate Peter Sellers will the rubber faced American still get 99.99% of the vote?

My guess is that the majority of SSML Forum members will not have seen any of Peter Sellers material and some may not even know who he is, therefore I think you should have given him a 5% or even a 10% start on Jim Carey, personally I don't think there is any comparison between the two and Jim wins hands down.

you could be surprised as many of Seller's films are timeless but then you wouldn't know that as you always turn them off. I would wager that nearly everyone has seen one of or heard of the "Pink Panther" films.

The cartoon version of the Pink Panther maybe but not the films, don't forget that the majority of SSML members are not old fogeys like us, Football Man, Horace, Spidermanor and Wader and the likes of Eagles1981 in particular wouldn't have a clue about what it was like to grow up in the 60s and 70s although unfortunately he will vote for Peter Sellers purely to side with you

have you voted though?

I would imagine that the Pink panther films are known in Portugal. You underestimate their world wide appeal and as usual think too narrowly.

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
being a new kid on the block and only entering the world of SSML forums yesterday i have noticed one constant... the fact the Jim Carrey loving Rhodes seems to be a pillock or am i being harsh???? Now theres a poll for you:)

You catch on quick Mcmullen!

rhodes isn't a pillock, just he does nothing on this board that can give people any other impression of him.

Lato - You're home earlier than normal from work, any reason for that

wrong again rhodes

So you're posting from your place of work then, tut tut!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
So you're posting from your place of work then, tut tut!

wrong again rhodes. Mind you, you do it all the time don't you so a tadge two faced to say tut tut.

Have you voted yet rhodes?

Yes I have, as a result I am able to view the poll so far and to be honest I can't believe my eyes, I can only assume that members have voted that way to get one over on me making a mockery of the result

no I think they are suggesting as I suspected would be the case that the majority of them favour the humour of Sellers over that of Carrey. I think once again you think too highly of yourself if you think its turned out that way just because they want to get one over on you.

What has that got to do with me thinking highly of myself which anyone will tell you that I don't, I just can't fathom out why anybody would choose Peter Sellers humour over Jim Carrey's that's all. Take the film 'The Mask' for example where Carrey made his name whilst at the same time putting Cameron Diaz on the road to stardom, it was all high energy electric comedy from start to finish, a unique style that Sellers would be totally incapable of.

I have seen it..thought it was gaudy rubbish. Like I said Carrey was good in Man in the Moon but the rest of his output I have seen has not made an impression on me therefore I avoid his films. I would argue that Sellers could easily in his heyday have carried off The Mask but he has more subtlety as an actor and more variety and depth to his body of work.

did sellers really have a lot of variety? he has always seemed to me to play an understated role of the fool or quiet man who eventually comes out on top.very good at it though.

Jim is a more flamboyant artist, would have been perfect silent movies/music hall.

to some tastes today, possibly like an instant prepacked sandwich, cheesy with some ham but good enough until dinner.