Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

we do try hard....

Uncle Urchin

an email from a folkestone official after last saturdays game reinforced my views that we should treat all of our visitors in the way that we would wish to be treated...

Dear All

I would just like to thank you on behalf of all at Folkestone Invicta F.C., for the way you looked after us during our visit to you last Saturday.

Everyone commented on the outstanding welcome and hospitality

you provided, and I hope you will thank everyone involved.

It typified the best of Football, a will to win and committed

performance on the pitch, friendly and gracious off it.

It was extremely thoughtful to put a case of Beer on the Coach for the journey back, which was much appreciated by the Players and officials.

We wish you a very Happy Christmas and successful 2008 (except when you play us), and we look forward to welcoming you to Folkestone and returning the hospitality in the New Year.

With kind regards

I guess it's just expectations Unc, we all hoped we'd be sat in those playoff places right now, but one thing this season has shown is everyone is capable of beating everyone else and away draws will count for a lot at the end of the campaign in my opinion.

Mr Parker has found his scoring boots and that's a great sign. If the new set up gels we'll be in amongst it. Mark my words!

i can see what WU is saying but that is expectations from the last two seasons,as i have said all along this league is a very strong league and to be in contantion for a play off place is detriment to our success'

We could quite easily win 3-0 to ricay and at the same time lose 3-0 playing well.

Look at horsham & staines,they have both beaten league opposition this season but i bet we take 3 points off both this season,our expectations are high but we should also remember where we have come from

Nice one Unc, and thank you for your post.

Surely, that's what footy is all about ? I only wish more teams were as polite and gracious as Folkestone.

We looked like a completely different side at Billericay, one that had confidence and our new players have made our team work better together.

I wrote my original past after the relief we had won a game after seeing six defeats in a row and not looking like we were going to win. From the off at Billericay I was impressed and hopefully we will continue to play like that through Christmas, though I agree that our league position is most important now.

Jimmy Mac coming back has certainly helped, defence looks more solid now and he is also a threat up front.