Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

No doubt I will get criticised!

andyetfc

Here goes.

Substitution of SV for RH. Woeful decision and why? Was`SV injured?

RH. Has let himself, his team mates, supporters and the owners of this, 'our', club down. The wost part about the sending off was that he had played the ball to Jamie Nay who was out on the wing and looking to move forward with no opponent n sight

We have been told that poor conduct will not be tolerated, so what will happen now? Is it now time to say thank you and good bye? With an FA suspended sentence hanging over us, what message are we sending out and who pays the fine if it comes to that?

Independent Observer says that people should attend the AGM and put matters before the board. Why not have a Club commnication policy whereby every question raised by individuals through an e-mail or letter are responded to within a given period of time?

Poor performance all round and I do wonder why Ozzie was again taken off which left Michael alone up front?

People on here have said we missed Kofie and Ricci. Yes we did but we must remember why they were not playing. Nothing to do with large crowds, referees, assistant referees, poor playing surfaces, etc, etc. It's all down to accumulating suspensions through bookings and sendings offs.

I'm still not convinced that playing three centre halves is correct.I always get the feeling we are a player down,as we are always outnumbered in midfield/attack.We have three central defenders,but they never have more than two players to mark (mostly they look after one forward).Then when an attack from the oppo goes down the wing ,one gets dragged wide (but doesn't get there in time,whilst our wingback is too far up to cover that wide space as well).I also don't beleive we have any natural wing-backs at the club.Playing out-and-out full-backs in those roles doesn't work.

I looks as though Deane is finally our answer as a wide attacking leftsided player.We now need a genuine right winger to play in front of our rightback.We also need a new forward to partner Crace.

Gant or Nay or Campbell at right back (depending on who is on form).

Bastian or Kofi at Left-back

Heald and Tickner centre backs.

Jones,Hammett,Velendia (or Hall, Kofi) in centre midfield

New wide right player.Deane on the left wing.

Crace and new striker up top.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Here goes.

RH. Has let himself, his team mates, supporters and the owners of this, 'our', club down. The wost part about the sending off was that he had played the ball to Jamie Nay who was out on the wing and looking to move forward with no opponent n sight

We have been told that poor conduct will not be tolerated, so what will happen now? Is it time to say thank you and good bye?

At a guess thank you and goodbye Andy - Well a club official will stand up at the next trust meeting and say who is this "andyetfc" he is the sort of supporter we can do without! It is easier to attack the symptom rather than the cause of the problem.

Originally Posted By: DonkeyHotTea
Here goes.

RH. Has let himself, his team mates, supporters and the owners of this, 'our', club down. The wost part about the sending off was that he had played the ball to Jamie Nay who was out on the wing and looking to move forward with no opponent in sight

We have been told that poor conduct will not be tolerated, so what will happen now? Is it time to say thank you and good bye?

At a guess thank you and goodbye Andy - Well a club official will stand up at the next trust meeting and say who is this "andyetfc" he is the sort of supporter we can do without! It is easier to attack the symptom rather than the cause of the problem.

I'm not thinking about going. I was thinking about the club saying thank you and goodbye to players who carry on bringing the name of 'our' club down to park football level.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

Slight flaw in your argument LS.... unless you propose playing without a keeper, that makes 12 players!
confused2

Originally Posted By: DonkeyHotTea
Here goes.

RH. Has let himself, his team mates, supporters and the owners of this, 'our', club down. The wost part about the sending off was that he had played the ball to Jamie Nay who was out on the wing and looking to move forward with no opponent in sight

I'm not thinking about going. I was thinking about the club saying thank you and goodbye to players who carry on bringing the name of 'our' club down to park football level.

Good I'm glad you are not thinking of going but maybe the Management team actively encourages this style of football and the players are just exponents of management policy?

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

Slight flaw in your argument LS.... unless you propose playing without a keeper, that makes 12 players!
confused2

PMSL!! giggle

It was worth a try smile

I failed to spot that i had added a wide right player. whistle

OK.

Keeper

Jones,Hammett(or Velendia, Hall, Kofi depending on form) in centre midfield.

Crace , New Striker

OR Until we get any more players.

Keeper

Gant,Heald ,Tickner,Bastian

Velendia,Jones,Hammett,Kofi

Crace,Deane

BOSH!

Sorry but I'm afraid I have to disagree with you LS. I'm not discounting the formation being a potential solution, but the line-up for me would be totally wrong.

Kofi has to play in centre-mid in my opinion, I feel Hammatt cannot play in centre-mid in a 4-4-2, and Stevie.V out wide right?

I don't feel we should be questioning the line-up and formation after Saturday's defeat, we should be questioning our indiscipline which cost us. Like someone has said, up until the sending off it was an interesting game and we had chances, and in energy-sapping conditions such as those, having that extra man was key for Wabbey. As soon as Rudi was shown the red, we were very unlikely to get the 3 points with the pitch restricting the amount of football that could be played.

I disagreed with the sub at half time, but what else could JC do after going down to 10?

I felt that Ozie should have stayed on, but he had to drop someone back into midfield. How can you be so critical of Jim's tactics when RH left him with only 10 men at his disposal? If he had gone flat out, leaving 2 up top, you still would have been critical if we had lost!!

Some good points,and i happen to agree that Kofi's best position is centre midfield.I think i was the first to champion the idea of a Kofi/Jones as a central pairing.Looking at the centre more closely,i will happily go with your shout of Kofi instead of Hammett in a 4-4-2.

I know that Velendia is not ideal as a wide midfielder,but he is still a quality player,and i would happily consider Campbell in that role if his form improves.It highlights the need for a genuine right winger.

The fact remains that Nay is playing well out of his comfort zone as a wing-back (As much as velendia would be, playing wide right),and my discription of us seeminly playing with 10 men because we always have three centre backs marking normally one (or occassionaly two forwards),and that we always start to look in trouble with a diagonal ball in the gap between one of the centrebacks and the wingback, still remains.

3-5-2 only works with the right personnel.4-4-2 also only works with the right personnel.At present i don't think we have the ideal squad to play either formation.I still think 4-4-2 is prefurable,and it would only take the purchase of a genuine wide right player to complete the jigsaw.