Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Horsham - Little Old Lady

any way....

for those who missed the paper, ive typed it up...

Furious Horsham have accused Ryman league referee Danny Austin of a complete lack of understanding after he booked deaf striker Lee Farrell for kicking the ball away.

The Hornets believe the official ignored the strikers disablility during last weeekends heated premier division fixture with promotion rivals AFC Hornchurch.

Farrell was yellow carded in the second half after failing to spot a linesmans flag and shooting after the whistle. But Horshams boss John Maggs has revealed the four officials were informed twice before the game that the forward has absolutely no hearing at all.

And he hit out at the Hornchurchs bench too for allegedly making mimicking noises at the player - an incident that saw sprightly 79 year old Joan Young invade the pitch.

Maggs told Non League Today. it was not a good day for football. Lee was running away with his back to the referee, he was booked and then there was uproar. The referee said he cant have one rule and not for the other.

FA spokesman Alex Stone said. Our head of senior refereeing development, Neale Barry has spoken to the offical and was informed a free kick had been awarded and Lee Farrell lobbed the ball back over the goalkeepers head. He felt that Farrell was deliberatly trying to delay the re-start and booked him on that basis.

I have spoken to our equality manager and he is keen to point out that our work with equality is secind to none.

Maggs meanwhile was appalled by the apprant noises coming from the Hornchurch bench. Its not on. he added. And this isnt the first time it has happened. Its very small minded and very sad.

sounds like they are making it all up to try and clear their bloke.Why would you mimmick noises if the player is completely deaf,he is hardly going to hear them!!

Anyway the referee is right,you can have one rule for one and one for another otherwise you will have blind people handballing the ball and claiming they couldn't see the ball

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
Anyway the referee is right,you can have one rule for one and one for another otherwise you will have blind people handballing the ball and claiming they couldn't see the ball

Is that not the case already with Ref's and Assistant Ref's.

coolsmoke

here's an intersting quote from a horsham fan...

Grey Hornet

W.Sussex Div 4 North

(30/1/08 12:05)

Maggs not happy--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geardy is a disgrace. Farrell was also a culprit and acted like a prima donna. Farrell's discipline is very bad. I was in no doubt he was guilty on Saturday. He played a lot better on Saturday however. Last night he was taking up some stupid positions and eyeballing some of the opponents. Gary spoke to him at one time and Lee shouted back at him with the words F... o.. Surprisingly he can pronounce those words very clearly. I am very sympathetic to his disability but he cannot be allowed to get away with everything. I thought that Simon when he came on played very well but the 2 front men were playing too close together and jacob and Lewis tried to take on the whole of the Rams and lost possession too easily.

We must play Yinka again on Saturday. He played well at full back in previous games but when he was tried on the wide midfield position he did not quite perform I think Myallo will be a good captain if allowed to do the job on a regular basis. I think he is the best footballer in the team

just about sums it all up for me...farrells a cheat and his manager will have to face colin at our place in 2 weeks....not surprisingly their manager said not a word to colin after the game in question...not surprisingly the NLT did not ring colin for a comment......they have his number...

who does the embittered drunken romford lush work for...?

oh...righto then... devil

Originally Posted By: Annie
any way....

for those who missed the paper, ive typed it up...

Furious Horsham have accused Ryman league referee Danny Austin of a complete lack of understanding after he booked deaf striker Lee Farrell for kicking the ball away.

The Hornets believe the official ignored the strikers disablility during last weeekends heated premier division fixture with promotion rivals AFC Hornchurch.

Farrell was yellow carded in the second half after failing to spot a linesmans flag and shooting after the whistle. But Horshams boss John Maggs has revealed the four officials were informed twice before the game that the forward has absolutely no hearing at all.

And he hit out at the Hornchurchs bench too for allegedly making mimicking noises at the player - an incident that saw sprightly 79 year old Joan Young invade the pitch.

Maggs told Non League Today. it was not a good day for football. Lee was running away with his back to the referee, he was booked and then there was uproar. The referee said he cant have one rule and not for the other.

FA spokesman Alex Stone said. Our head of senior refereeing development, Neale Barry has spoken to the offical and was informed a free kick had been awarded and Lee Farrell lobbed the ball back over the goalkeepers head. He felt that Farrell was deliberatly trying to delay the re-start and booked him on that basis.

I have spoken to our equality manager and he is keen to point out that our work with equality is secind to none.

Maggs meanwhile was appalled by the apprant noises coming from the Hornchurch bench. Its not on. he added. And this isnt the first time it has happened. Its very small minded and very sad.

This only my opinion but I think that the majority of disabled people in this world want a fair crack of the whip

. The player in question I believe would of accepted the booking as he had not heard the whistle. I don't think it would of been the first time in his career and I don't suppose this will be the last. I think he would of wanted to be treated like the rest of his team, and would of been embarrassed that his disability would of been brought up. In fact his own team have discriminated against him.

>>>nd he hit out at the Hornchurchs bench too for allegedly making mimicking noises at the player - an incident that saw sprightly 79 year old Joan Young invade the pitch.

This is an attempt by Horsham to detract from the fact that they failed to act in banning this 79 year old hooligan for the rest of the season - they are now trying to lay the blame firmly at the feet of HFC.

The Horsham ground should be closed for six weeks, the club should be fined £500, and the stewards, who failed completely in their job, should be charged with aiding and abetting, and the hooligan should be charged with attempting to incite a riot, since her disgraceful and provocative actions encouraged the banshee boys behind the dug out to increase their flow of invective.

Colin Ron Michelle and the boys should be applauded loudly for their restraint, despite trembling in terror (might have been laughter, not too sure) as this 79 year old hooligan approached them at great speed.

Originally Posted By: Lightweight

This only my opinion but I think that the majority of disabled people in this world want a fair crack of the whip

. The player in question I believe would of accepted the booking as he had not heard the whistle. I don't think it would of been the first time in his career and I don't suppose this will be the last. I think he would of wanted to be treated like the rest of his team, and would of been embarrassed that his disability would of been brought up. In fact his own team have discriminated against him.

fair sentiments LW and normally I would agree with you...in this case however I cannot....several first hand witnesses saw farrell consistently break the rules of play by either booting the ball as hard as he could out of play or deliberately holding up play by interfering with free kicks....he then churlishly threatened ronnie who is nearly 70 and offered to have a fight with him..he can hear and speak well enough when he wants to and far to much of an issue is made of his so called disabilities...he has an appalling disciplinary record and even some of his own fans are commenting on it...

I am surprised at John Maggs who said nothing at all about the so called incident to anyone including colin after the match...

Originally Posted By: dagger04
Annie - if you still have it, can you bring it along on Tuesday please - I actually bought the other paper yesterday for the first time ever (it has Jay's name in it).

i will dig it out tonight and keep it in a safe place for tuesday!

haha, i remember the 'face of the ESL' basildon player who bob took a shining to...

think we should leave their players well alone, as that would only lead to bad publicity for the club.

however, if that old tart starts mouthing off, i'm going to kick her head in, no matter how provocatively she eats a kit-kat.