Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking FC v Cove: 09/02/08

Big J R

Sorry guys ! I was sent this this morning, but been a buzi-boy today. For those that can't access the DFC site.

"An Adam Pero goal just before half time gave Dorking their best result of the season in a 1-0 win at fourth placed Cove on Saturday. The win gives manager Tony Webb a second league win in a row, and closes the gap between Dorking and second from bottom Raynes Park Vale to 5 points, compared to a massive 10 points just two weeks ago. Just as importantly, this was Dorking's second consecutive clean sheet, both achieved against top 7 sides in the division, and gives Chicks renewed hope of avoiding the drop with 15 league games to go. Of those 15 games, 9 are at Meadowbank, with 6 being away games, so if Dorking can build up some momentum at home, then an improved run to the season could give Dorking a chance.

Cove had beaten second placed Guildford City 3-0 in their last home game, so this was an impressive result for Dorking, as well as being unexpected for the majority of league observers, but those that had seen a vastly improved performance in the home win over Horley last weekend will have seen a side that had played in a way which belied their basement position. Webb was still missing injured keeper Chris Roberts for this game, as well as left sided players Lee Rogers and Dan Stassimos away for a stag weekend, while experienced strker Nigel Webb still was suffering from injury suffered at the end of January at Eghamand Mark Styles was ill.

Alex Hill returned to the left back slot, while Faly Basse, briefly on St Albans books last season, maintained his place in midfield. Charlie Merrick, one of the men of the match in the win over Horley, retained his centre back position alongside Roy Newman at centre back, while French keeper Pierre Bourdet continued to deputise for Roberts in goal. Newman perhaps shaded the man of the match in this match, but also outstanding was Danny Lawrence in centre midfield, LAwrence involved in most of Dorking's good moves on the day.

Cove, managed by well known non league player manager Kevin Cooper, are having a good season, but it was Dorking who started the better, having a lot of possession in the first 10 minutes, but neither side was able to create any clear cut chances as the half wore on. It was Dorking who scored the solitary goal of the game, Pero notching his 9th goal of the season, on the stroke of half time to send Chicks in at the interval in good spirits. The goal was made by Pero, chasing down a ball down the Cove left which was being shielded by a defender, Pero using his strength to hussle the ball away from the defender and drive into the box, the big striker then slotting the ball past the advancing keeper for a great individual goal.

The second half was another fairly even affair, Cove having more possession but Cove could not really create anything other than long range efforts, while Dorking were looking increasingly dangerous on the break. Pero almost made it two great individual goals midway through the half, spotting the keeper off his line and chipping from 40 yards, the ball just missing the target.

As the game came into the last 10 minutes, Dorkng had two or three chances to claim a more emphatic win as Cove pushed up in search of an equaliser, but most importantly Dorking held on for victory.

Tony Webb will be under no illusions that the good performances and wins against Horley and now Cove are nothing more than a platform on whcih to build a much longer sequence of results if Chicks are to climb off bottom spot, but the feeling at Meadowbank is that the wins keeps Chicks hanging on to the coat tails of the teams just above them in the league table.

Dorking now face Reading Town at home on Tuesday night, 12 February 2008, kick off 7-45pm, then Chessington & Hook at home at their Meadowbank Dorking on Saturday.

Team - 1 pierre bourdet, 2 olly barrett, 3 alex hill, 4 charlie merrick, 5 roy newman, 6 dan Lawrence, 7 miguel beesley, 8 andy briant, 9 adam pero, 10 josh smith, 11 faly basse, 12 lester Boniface, 14 dan clayton, 15 gerry howells"

ENDS

For the record, they are not MY match reports.

I was asked several weeks ago by certain posters who couldn't access DFC Discussion Forum for whatever reason, if I would post the official DFC reports on here BEFORE they appeared in the local press.

I have been happy to oblige. If you dont want to read 'em, then excercise your right of self-censorship.

(ps:- I think you'll find your dummy and rattle are underneath your cot !)

self censorship is my right but then again i had that right taken away by a certain club. I have not once got involved in the whole Dorking FC situation as it was the clubs issue to sort out, but when they threaten individuals to stop a posting on this forum I do get annoyed. I am not supporting anyone on here or there views but am stating how I feel. i am also shocked at your immature comments about my dummy and rattle so I have acted as mature as you and your club by sending copies to the FA and my solicitor. Grow up JR and stop acting like the club you support.

Glad to see DFC officials are monitering this site, maybe they will open their site up and allow questions to be asked on it. Silly me, they dont even want to answer questions on here. Its as if they dont want to talk to anybody or help from anybody or money from anybody. Their I go again silly me, no football club would behave like that. Lucky Abramovich went up the road to Chelsea.