Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC v TILBURY

waggamick

A good result is vital this Saturday.

Given Town's relatively inconsistent Home form and Tilbury's surprise 0-0 draw against Edgeware Town last week there had better not be any complacency presnt.

Be a shame to see Tilbury score their first goal in six games...here's hoping for a clean sheet.

My prediction..Town 3 Tilbury 0.

It's no surprise to see Edgware taking part in another 0-0 draw, they can't score for toffee, but on the other hand, hardly concede any goals either. Need to take that result with a pinch of salt.

Every game is tough in this league, I just hope that Jim sticks to his guns and continues with youth. Max and Luke did well very well over at their place earlier in the season. Kofi in for Simpson, and Foster in for Hammatt from last week's line-up I would say. Although the latter is never going to happen.

Even an argument for playing Deano up top, pushing Max out to the left, and bringing the King of Chinesians into centre-mid with Kofi. KN is too good to play out on the left, and will give us more in the middle I feel.

Away for the weekend so can't make this one, best of luck to the Town, and keeping fingers crossed for plenty of text updates saying "Goal to the Town".

Originally Posted By: Kaiser Jnr
Originally Posted By: Father Jack
When we played Tilbury at their place, they played some decent football, and have a good striker in Nick Smith. If we are not on our game, they will do us some damage.

Kurt Smith.

That's the fella. Nick Smith played for Tilbury about 25 years ago!

Go away Abbeyman!

Team

Hasler, Harvey, Bastian, Gant, Heald, Simpson, Marshall, Mitchell, Crace, Hammatt, Deane, Velandia, Campbell, Nyamah, Tickner, Foster

Town played well in the first half be to be honest the veteran strikers were as usual not fit and no one else could get closest to have a decent dig at goal. So no one really tested Wray in goal. 0 - 0 @ half time.

Second half on 51 mins Tilbury won a freekick and David Gray hit a cracker 0 - 1. Richard Wray was struggling in goal to see anything with a watery sun hanging low in the sky playing havoc with his vision. Town fans were screeming at the players to come down and atack down the right wing and use the sun. Eventually Ricci hit a looping shot over wray 1 - 1. In the dying minutes a mistake by Hasler was punished with a goal by Smart. The travelling loyal fans for Tilbury deserved their win. Good for them.

Personal Opinion - I want Mike Smee to take over the management of the first team until the end of the season so Town can find a replacement in the summer. Any confidence I had in the current management team went today sorry.

Yes I fill Mike would be good. The first team will not at the current rate make the play offs and you never know Mike mite just prove himself between know and the end of the season then we wouldn’t need a new manager and if he doesn’t then we could still get in a new manager for next season that’s a no risk option to me.

Sorry Jim time for change I think.

Just the one clip this week and it's not pleasant viewing bleh (bloody well taken though! applause)I rapidly lost interest after this.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YNfb_YpxdlY

It wasn't Hasler's fault we lost.

We should have been at least 2 up on the break for the amount of possession we had. Even so Charlie had the most work to do with the only shot on goal coming from Tilbury on the break.

It is no use blaming the midfield either as they got the ball to the forwards.

As for the free kick. Charlie had the wall lined up well but he didn't defend the far post. The shot wasn't hard but Charlie was behind the wall rather than to the side of the wall.

Originally Posted By: waggamick
A good result is vital this Saturday.

Given Town's relatively inconsistent Home form and Tilbury's surprise 0-0 draw against Edgeware Town last week there had better not be any complacency presnt.
Be a shame to see Tilbury score their first goal in six games...here's hoping for a clean sheet.

My prediction..Town 3 Tilbury 0.

I predict a riot..........