Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC v TILBURY

waggamick

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Originally Posted By: Chopper
Originally Posted By: MbrunoB
Just the one clip this week and it's not pleasant viewing bleh (bloody well taken though! applause)I rapidly lost interest after this.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YNfb_YpxdlY

Well taken?

I would say poor position by the keeper,what on eirth was he doing behind the wall?

I believe he was halfway through the process of lining his wall up.

Even so,he still have had one mind on them taking the kick early!! it happens so often these days.

Good idea,but that would leave you just as open to a couple of forwards standing next to that defender on the line and they could easily deflect any shot coming their way.

The only sollution (until the law is strenthened) ,is to get a player to stand over the ball until his keeper is in place.That of course could result in the occassional booking.

Originally Posted By: Kaiser Jnr

Tilbury any good? We got them on Saturday.

League table says no, our experience says different.

They like to play a bit and use the wings. Kurt Smith was anonymous on Sat, dangerous in the away game.

I think that is the only way you can be sure not to be done by an early free kick.

As for this season I feel it has been a real let down and when it comes down to it the manager has to take the blame, he's the one who picks the team (or does he). He has changed it a round to much and played players that are, and still, not good enough.

And for the record I am not Lovely Stuff

Or is it that the players are simply not fully aware of the role they are expected to play, because they are certainly good enough on paper?

And, for the record, neither am I.

Assuming you are right, then the 9 players up to the required standard should be able to operate a system to enable the others to play a specific role within that system and contribute to the team effort. That system, sadly, seems to be missing.

im new to this site and have recently moved to the brimsdown area i have watched the last three-four games,

firstly where are the usual players from the start of the season. i have read up that you guys have made the playoff's two seasons in a row yet this year you seem to be a regular ryman one league team with a decent budget that look to be under achieving...

Secondly with such a strong fan base surely you can have more of a say then what you are getting now, for instance just check the amount of players that have played this season. not the kind of thing that is needed for championship contenders...

what are your views….

The law is ok.

Look at that clip closely. The Tilbury guy was running for the kick before the whistle went. I believe that he anticipated the whistle so it was likely going to the refs lips and he saw that Charlie was well out of position.

Chopper is clearly right but then, he has the experience and Charlie hasn't. I dont think it will happen again - or I hope not.

How could it not happen again??? You run the risk of the same thing happening ever time you dare to try to set a wall up.

Also how can a law be OK if it results in such uncertainty.Nearly any serario is apparently permissable with in the current law.The ref could allow a quick free kick with players not allowed to set a wall up.Or he could insist that the players wait for his whistle.He could alternatively insist that players wait for the whistle but then quickly blow his whistle at any time,thus leaving defending teams unable to fairly defend a set piece.Something is clearly wrong when a defending teams are forced to infringe one law (obstructing the ball),in order to reduce the unpredictability of another one