Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC v TILBURY

waggamick

I have just watched the youtube clip of their first goal and I think it is not fair to blame Charlie for it.

If you watch, Charlie has the wall lined up and then the ref moves the wall back a few yards meaning that Charlie has to realign the wall. In the video it shows a player, I think Brian, looking at Charlie to redo the wall and then the ref blows his whistle as the player turns to see the ball fly over his head.

I think the ref did not give the players enough time to set up which was wrong.

Not talking about our game in particular,but is it correct for the ref to indicate to both sides to wait for the whistle,and then blow his whistle whilst the wall is still lining up (and whilst the keeper is over the wrong side of the goal trying to line-up that said wall)??.

Such inconsistancy encourages defending players to stand over the ball at free-kicks around the box.Thus leading to bookings and tension.If a ref holds his whistle up,he should be fair to both teams and make sure both the taker and the keeper are ready before blowing to allow the kick to be taken.

The law really needs to be tightened up in this area.Remember a few season back when Mr Poll not only allowed Henry to take a quick-free kick,but quickly (and sneekily) backed off the ball whilst blowing his whistle,thus catching the defending team unawares.As i said,the law needs clarity,so that both teams and the ref know exactly what the correct proceedure should be.

PS..Can the poster 'Need To Know' please confirm to MFM that we are NOT the same person.Thanks.

The trouble is.Every time a defending team let a goal in with a hastily taken free-kick,they will then spend the rest of the season being instructed by their manager to stand over every free-kick to stop it happening to them again.Thus causing tension and possibly bookings that could easily be avoided with clearer guidlines.

Its a known fact that officails are dangerous with interpreting laws.Its can't be right for a ref to allow three or more totally different senarios to take place in the taking a of a free-kick ,and for all those various senarios to be allowed under a loose definition of the 'law'.

If you agree to the action of the ref,as i laid out in my previous post, then no keeper can ever take the risk of setting his wall up UNLESS he has the protection of one of his outfield players standing over the ball.That can't be right?

So if your team were defending a free-kick on 20 yards out.Would you advise your keeper never to set up a wall,or advise one of your players to obstruct the ball whilst he is doing it? Otherwise you are wide open to the ref sneekily blowing his whistle before your team are in position to fairly defend the kick.

Originally Posted By: DonkeyHotTea
Originally Posted By: andyetfc
I think I may one of the lucky ones who missed the match and spent 14 hours at work!

Along with Southport, Happy, Lovely Stuff etc
I am rapidly losing patience with whats going on out there but still we have the palsy walsy members (Inner & outer circle) as ever right behind Jim. The people that are not turning up are those who arent so up the palsy walsy club members backsides . We lost to a side near the bottom of the league This is not acceptable its outright embarrassing,pitiful and I was ashamed to be there yesterday . I will stop coming if this continue's any furthur. I applaud Mr Happy for taking the decision on not going I think I'll do likewise before much longer .

Another poor show. I knew what was going to happen when my spies reported a 0-0 half time score. I enquired if it was dire and was informed that indeed it was. The result was no surprise.

In general I am not in favour of not going to games because your team is not playing well. In other words, you only want to go when they're winning. This is not the way of the real supporter. However it is not for me to criticise as I have only seen one (away) game this season, and I detect from the forum that there is an air of unease and disatisfaction that goes beyond mere results. It is very clear that something needs to happen.

I agree with TiM regarding not going to a game because we are not playing well, but it is becoming so dull I cant blame fans for finding something else to do for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon especially when its freezing, I recently chose to stay on the golf course rather than go to Aveley, trust me I wish I had again Saturday even though that performance was an improvement on others seen this season.

Originally Posted By: Chopper
Originally Posted By: MbrunoB
Just the one clip this week and it's not pleasant viewing bleh (bloody well taken though! applause)I rapidly lost interest after this.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YNfb_YpxdlY

Well taken?

I would say poor position by the keeper,what on eirth was he doing behind the wall?

I believe he was halfway through the process of lining his wall up.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
I agree with TiM regarding not going to a game because we are not playing well, but it is becoming so dull I cant blame fans for finding something else to do for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon especially when its freezing, I recently chose to stay on the golf course rather than go to Aveley, trust me I wish I had again Saturday even though that performance was an improvement on others seen this season.

It seems others agree with you...

Our average home league gate has dropped from 293 last season to 240.

Even allowing for games where we would expect a bigger gate that is still one hell of a drop. And before anyone asks...

Our average gate for all home gates has dropped from 287 to 224

Jim

For the record, the reason I did not go on Saturday was that I was constantly wiping snot from my nose whilst also having to deal with a very naughty Very Little Miss Happy whose behaviour has deteriorated badly in recent days! I will continue to support the team because you should support through thick and thin but with my personal circumstances I do have to pick and chose which games to attend.