Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town - Striker-less

Originally Posted By: 3praise
what a difference a step makes

3praise - Wasn't that a song by Dinah Washington, I know you are interested in music and rattle the tamborine for your Church choir on Sunday mornings. The article I posted has nothing whatsoever to do with me as a journalist from the Islington Gazette came down to interview Lee Scott especially on Saturday as well as 'the great one' on the back of his application to be Bertie Vogts successor, he went away rubbing his hands and there is an even longer article and photo in the Gazette about Clement.
As for Andy Bates is he still plying his Coaching trade at Coles Park then, I have a lot of time for Andy but he doesn't come across as very dynamic and as a result doesn't earn the respect of 'our' players who, as you know, are victims of modern society and need to be constantly reined in by a strong leader such as 'the great one' or a Jose Fernandez who is also on the 'pay roll' at Kentish Town.

You also seem to have a fine taste in music as you pick through my music quotes without a thought! i only asked about Andy Bates as he seems to be a forgotten man at Coles Park and some praise should go to him - he is a very knowledgeable guy and thought he would be wanted by a few clubs by now.

How is Clements Application going? it could be a tough year for KTFC next year if/when the two strikers and Temile go at the same time.

Originally Posted By: ICU JImmy
How good is Lee Scott?

ICU Jimmy - I think I need to know a bit more about you first before I divulge such information as you could be a scout from North of the border with a name like that, we wouldn't want Lee being poached by someone like Motherwell, Dundee United or Gretna. What is your interest in the SSML.

3praise - It's ticking along and he isn't out of the running as yet despite Nigeria preferring a Coach already resident in the Country. Football Man unsurprisingly fails to mention that 'the great one' helped the Super Eagles get to the final of the African Cup of Nations in 1984 and is highly regarded by Peters who will happily work as his number two:

'Peters was assistant coach when Nigeria reached the final of the 1984 Cup of Nations in Cote d'Ivoire and he has also handled the country's youth teams'.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: ICU JImmy
How good is Lee Scott?

ICU Jimmy - I think I need to know a bit more about you first before I divulge such information as you could be a scout from North of the border with a name like that, we wouldn't want Lee being poached by someone like Motherwell, Dundee United or Gretna. What is your interest in the SSML.

He might have been in hospital for all you know.

Who, what are you talking about

Lol, again a sixteen and a half year old isn't going to think up something like that unless he went to a snooty Boarding School such as Haileybury

Originally Posted By: Football Man
How is Clements Application going?

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=701274.html#super+eagles+name+caretaker

If you check the link again someone has added Clements name to the list!! i wonder who could have done that.

3praise - Were you at Dartford yesterday, I've posted a report for you from a real anorak on another's Forum and although it sounds like Ged and his men were very unlucky to go down 1-0 I have highlighted the bit that interested me most. I expect Ged wished that he had Lee Scott who would have surely found the net which reminds me, why didn't Lee take the penalty at Edgware Town as he never misses one, we call him Francis Lee at Kentish Town although you wouldn't know him as it was before your time.

ISTHMIAN 1 NORTH

Dartford 1-0 Waltham Forest

Programme £2.00 68pp 30 ads - lots of good photos plenty of facts/figures

Attendance 1249

Admittance £9 + £1 for the lad (under 14's)

Badge YES

Club Shop: Big one outside the ground selling mainly replica shirts etc and pleasingly another smaller one inside, in the East Stand with lots of progs and badges.

Refreshments - wide variety but mostly of the pre-packaged 'big league' variety: Rollover Hots Dogs / Burgers etc and Pies. (No cutlery - take your own!) Fashioned my lad a makeshift spoon out of the polystyrene container his pie came in.

Ground still has a very new feel to it, is rather luxurious for this level but doesn't look as if Dartford will be staying this low for much longer. Also 'big league' smoking policy; none inside the ground - you are let out for a puff at half time if you wish.

Parking was a bit of a problem though - Car Park v.large but full on our arrival (held up by M25 roadworks )

Parked quite a way down Powder Mill Lane opposite the main entrance. Quite a trek back up a steep hill.

Thus missed first 10 mins or so - there was also a queue to get in - pedestrian entrance turnstiles at the Eastern end of the ground - should have gone in the nearest one's down the other (Western end)

Game itself was good quality for STEP04 - Forest probably hard done by, lost to a 103rd minute penalty.

Keeper was in inspired form and their back four played out of their skins.

Forest may have got something out of the game but their forwards were woeful - couldn't hold the ball up - always ran blind or just took the wrong option.

Nearly snatched the lead themselves in injury time but the home keeper also pulled off a fantastic save.

Maybe the Darts were just out of sorts but it wasn't exactly a table topping performance. Wish them well for the future, their surroundings certainly warrent higher level football.

Apparently the bar was quite good too according to my mate who sought it out at half time.

His only comment: 'I don't pick 0-0's'.

Traffic out was pretty bad too but the M25 was OK - home by 18:45.

thanks for that Rhodes - i will wait for the official match report to see if they concur! of course i know of Franny Lee the former Bolton, Man city and derby player quality little player he was.

Rhodes did you take a look at the link - did you agree with what was said about the Nigerian Top spot?

Dartford 1 - 0 Stags

Saturday, 01 March 2008

It took a 104th minute penalty for league leaders Dartford to take three points of a galliant traveling Forest side. Tom Howell and Philip Barrow once again impressed at the back, as did Jordan Clarke and Michael Georghiou, who made their debuts today. 'Keeper Roberto Gagliardi La Gala kept the Stags in with a shout for much of the game with a sensational performance, but was unable to do anything about the penalty.

thats all they have on their website so far - i am intrigued to know the whole story as a 1-0 loss to a table topping side is a very good result!

Rhodes did you take a look at the link - did you agree with what was said about the Nigerian Top spot?

3praise - Actually I have only just seen that and very amusing it was too, I will answer it shortly and my comments will certainly make the good people of Nigeria sit up and take note, I assure you of that. I'm still hopeful that 'the great one' will get the job, I will naturally pull out all the stops in my negotiations with the Nigerian FA on Clement's behalf.

i thought you would have been shouting from the roof tops about the publicity of KTFC on the fifa website - i bet your website counter will be ticking along nicely with all the nigerians wanting a piece of clement.

Last season you didnt want anyone to know that Clement was at the club in case they took him away from you - what has changed this year? To quote you, you said "I will naturally pull out all the stops in my negotiations with the Nigerian FA on Clement's behalf" has he passed his sell by date?

3praise - I thought you would be getting ready to go to Church and the 11.00 service rather than wasting your time on here or is your congregation local near to the Mile End Road.

To be honest I would need to be acting as Clement's 'agent' on a full time basis to do 'the job' justice and just haven't been able to give it my full commitment this season with so many other things going on which I feel a little embarrassed about. He doesn't mind in the slightest though and has stated that if he doesn't happen to get the coverted Nigeria job then he's not going to lose any sleep or blame me for it, that's the sort of guy he is.

My interest in the SSML is that I am an Assistant Manager at a Div 1 side. I was going to lie and make something up but it's against my nature. I don't think it's right to divulge the Club I'm with at the moment as I don't want anyone to think my comments are contrived or a deliberate attempt to wind people up.