Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hornchurch 2 St. Alban's 0 - stats and report

Dagger03

Thursday 21st February 2008 – Capital League

HORNCHURCH 2 ST. ALBAN’S CITY 0

HFC – Grant Lee – Bradley Thompson – Spencer Harrison – Jim McFarlane – Jack Joyce – Michael Ramkin © - Des Boateng – Mark Janney – Ross Wall – Jamie Richards – Michael Brothers

Subs – Perry Burns for Janney at half time – Harry Wheeler for Richards at half time – Alex Harris for Brothers at half time

SA – 1 Glenn Jackson – 4 Rikki Prati – 5 Terry Prati – 6 Darren Waithe – 7 Steve Clarke – 8 Jamie Wakem – 9 Chris Maskell – 19 Ross Hunt – 14 James Cole – 15 Richard Oxby – 16 Ian Hutchinson

Subs – 20 Mark Raven for Rikki Prati 76 – 22 Brad McCallef for Maskell 76

Please note – the St. Alban’s City starting line up is different from that on the official team sheet. Brad McCallef was listed as number 12 in the starting line up and Ross Hunt was listed as number 17.

Scorers – Ross Wall 6 – Jamie Richards 11

Bookings – none

Attendance 15

Weather – 9 degrees, cloudy, wind speed 20 mph

Officials S Symonds with P Jago and S Tate

Duration – 44.52 + 46.58

A comfortable win against a St Alban’s team that consisted largely of players from Essex Intermediate League side Takeley, who are stronger than most of the Essex Senior League teams. Urchins kicked into the strong wind in the first half towards the restaurant end of the ground, and took an early lead with a well taken goal from ROSS WALL following good work by Michael Brothers on the left wing. Five minutes later it was two nil with a goal from JAMIE RICHARDS, also after a Brothers inspired build up down the left.

It could easily have been three when Brothers cut in from the left and fired his shot against the inside of the post, and Mark Janney and Jamie Richards both went close, with Des Boateng providing the inspiration in midfield. The first half was virtually all one way, with home keeper Grant Lee having little to do, and Urchins withdrew three of the first team squad at half time to give Perry Burns, Harry Wheeler and Alex Harris a full 45 minutes. A good run by Jack Joyce on the right could have produced another goal, when he intercepted a pass inside his own half and made ground on the right, with the eventual cross eluding everyone, whilst Jim McFarlane twice went close with headers, and Perry Burns hit a shot narrowly wide when he moved in from the right. St Albans rarely threatened and did not manage a direct shot on goal, although a cross went tantalisingly across the goal, just feet from the line, in the final minute of the match, before Bradley Thompson cleared.

So Asa’s Aces maintain their one hundred percent record on a night when no fewer than twelve balls were booted out the ground, and Annie was frightened by a snake.

Originally Posted By: dagger04

HORNCHURCH 2 ST. ALBANS CITY 0
A comfortable win against a St Albans team that consisted largely of players from Essex Intermediate League side Takeley, who are stronger than most of the Essex Senior League teams.

MOST? Are you sure???

Surely if they were good enough to play ESL then they would?

Kaiser - to try and answer your question - the main drawback to progression is the ground gradings required for the ESL which prevents many of the teams from moving up.

From my own experience of the Olympian League, the top teams could quite easily hold an upper mid table place in the ESL.

In contrast there are some very poor teams in the ESL who would (in my opinion), if there was relegation, simply go straight through the Olympian League and end up in the Div 3 of that league.

Take away teams like Enfield, Concord, Burnham Ramblers and Barkingside, then you have very little left in the way of quality.

I think that it there was automative promotion / relagion between the two leagues, the shape of the ESL would very quickly change for the better.

Deadbeat - I cannot easily comment but I was told by the St ALbans official that most of the players were Takeley players.

But I did not recongise any of the names as being from Manford Way - I would have certainly have recognised Charlie Zinyani - but I would doubt very much that St Albans would use Manford Way players, simply on geographical grounds.

Is the Essex Olympian league at step 7 with the ESL at step 5?

Kaiser - to try and answer your question - the main drawback to progression is the ground gradings required for the ESL which prevents many of the teams from moving up.

From my own experience of the Olympian League, the top teams could quite easily hold an upper mid table place in the ESL.

In contrast there are some very poor teams in the ESL who would (in my opinion), if there was relegation, simply go straight through the Olympian League and end up in the Div 3 of that league.

Take away teams like Enfield, Concord, Burnham Ramblers and Barkingside, then you have very little left in the way of quality.

I think that it there was automative promotion / relagion between the two leagues, the shape of the ESL would very quickly change for the better.

I found your comments quite amazing Dagger 04.... :)You are telling me that these teams are better than Southend Manor,Eton Manor,Bowers,Clapton,Stansted,Hullbridge,Sawbo,Barking and Romford!!!We heard these bollix so many times that i'm like St Thomas...i'll believe when i see it...it tells you everything...intermediate players playing in a ressies capital team from a Conference South club..hilarious to say the least! smile

Thursday 21st February 2008 – Capital League
HFC – Grant Lee – Bradley Thompson – Spencer Harrison – Jim McFarlane – Jack Joyce – Michael Ramkin © - Des Boateng – Mark Janney – Ross Wall – Jamie Richards – Michael Brothers
Subs – Perry Burns for Janney at half time – Harry Wheeler for Richards at half time – Alex Harris for Brothers at half time

SA – 1 Glenn Jackson – 4 Rikki Prati – 5 Terry Prati – 6 Darren Waithe – 7 Steve Clarke – 8 Jamie Wakem – 9 Chris Maskell – 19 Ross Hunt – 14 James Cole – 15 Richard Oxby – 16 Ian Hutchinson
Subs – 20 Mark Raven for Rikki Prati 76 – 22 Brad McCallef for Maskell 76

Please note – the St. Alban’s City starting line up is different from that on the official team sheet. Brad McCallef was listed as number 12 in the starting line up and Ross Hunt was listed as number 17.

Scorers – Ross Wall 6 – Jamie Richards 11
Bookings – none
Attendance 15
Weather – 9 degrees, cloudy, wind speed 20 mph
Officials S Symonds with P Jago and S Tate
Duration – 44.52 + 46.58

A comfortable win against a St Alban’s team that consisted largely of players from Essex Intermediate League side Takeley, who are stronger than most of the Essex Senior League teams. Urchins kicked into the strong wind in the first half towards the restaurant end of the ground, and took an early lead with a well taken goal from ROSS WALL following good work by Michael Brothers on the left wing. Five minutes later it was two nil with a goal from JAMIE RICHARDS, also after a Brothers inspired build up down the left.

It could easily have been three when Brothers cut in from the left and fired his shot against the inside of the post, and Mark Janney and Jamie Richards both went close, with Des Boateng providing the inspiration in midfield. The first half was virtually all one way, with home keeper Grant Lee having little to do, and Urchins withdrew three of the first team squad at half time to give Perry Burns, Harry Wheeler and Alex Harris a full 45 minutes. A good run by Jack Joyce on the right could have produced another goal, when he intercepted a pass inside his own half and made ground on the right, with the eventual cross eluding everyone, whilst Jim McFarlane twice went close with headers, and Perry Burns hit a shot narrowly wide when he moved in from the right. St Albans rarely threatened and did not manage a direct shot on goal, although a cross went tantalisingly across the goal, just feet from the line, in the final minute of the match, before Bradley Thompson cleared.

So Asa’s Aces maintain their one hundred percent record on a night when no fewer than twelve balls were booted out the ground, and Annie was frightened by a snake.

Ehm...no surprise intermediate players...you usually need 50 when they are around!sacrilege alk How Petrov aka Perry Burns played?Lee Grant,Jack Joy,Ross Wall... who was missing?It wasn't your strongest team out there.. whistleWall and Joy couldn't get in the Burnham first eleven...Lee Grant is fourth choice at Concord behind Smallsy grinBradley Thompson couldn't get in the Bowers starting line up....oh dear Capital League football... biglaugh

and hear,hear....St Albans had two eyetalians with a famous surname...the Prati brothers..ricky and terry... yayno surprise the Saints are in roman territory! grin

I know you hate us but we are a good team in the ESL

and i unsuprisingly agree with Kaiser here

:

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Kaiser Jnr
I just think "better than most teams in the ESL" is a bit over the top.

They might beat teams like Apsa, beaumont, mauritius, and possibly Basildon.

Thats about it.

having a little nibble up then kasey... grin

Not a bite Unc, as I dont feel Dagger was fishing for one.

More just stating his opinion which is fair enough, but I disagreed, so therefore it opens a debate.

Does that mean im having a bite on your bait? grin

Coachie , Rossy Wall was getting in the first team @ Burnham. Scored a hat-trick on his last game.

He is a very very good player, and can step up to Ryman football.

I played Capital League @ Maldon, and can't say it was that great tbh.

It probably is slightly better than Essex & Herts. Only problem is travelling is extreme.

Ross Wall is crap!He won't get in any of the top 6 sides in the ESL.Actually he won't get in the actual Burnham line up..And he even tried to move to lower road only to be told that we have better strikers!Facts! grinAnd you only played half a game the Capital league...who i agree with you is just cacca alk

Originally Posted By: coach et 64
Ross Wall is crap!He won't get in any of the top 6 sides in the ESL. Actually he won't get in the actual Burnham line up..And he even tried to move to lower road only to be told that we have better strikers!

are you mad coachie...why are you slagging off young players on public forums....I like a bit of banter with the best of them but slating young players is a no no...think on... frown