Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

erDarren Barnard - Camberley Town FC

All the best to J-BB, another Dons old boy. Happen to have a programme from a Dorking game I went to 05/10/1996 against Wembley in the Icis Div2. Wembley's no.6 was one Jon-Barrie Bates.

Two other things of note from that programme. Dorking charged £1 for a poorly photocopied programme in 1996 bugeyes And, Dorking's manager was Terry Eames!

PB

have you had words with BARNARD will he be disciplined or just allowed to get away with it because as barney says his a name

krooner what was your take on the tackle if you where there if not what did your friend in the stand text you or is there a

ban from commenting

The first I heard about this was on here Roland. I tend not to find anyone guilty on one persons say so. When I speak with my friend I will ask his view on it all.

All the best to JB, hope he recovers quickly.

My take on it, wasnt a malicious tackle, JB has ball going away, feints to go one way and takes ball other, as Darren goes for ball he catches JB's ankle, foul definately, booking definately, sending off would have been harsh. Few words said on pitch after game, Darren walks into BG dressing room apologies and tells JB wasnt intentional, etc, etc.

Why would any further action need to be taken Roland?? Ref has dealt with it. Are we going to have this every time a tackle is made that someone feels deserves more than ref sees fit? Are MickT or SL expected to further discipline every player of theirs that gets a yellow card?

By the way BG are excellent side going forward, break with pace and if they keep squad together will be very good next year.

Originally Posted By: TRS

Two other things of note from that programme. Dorking charged £1 for a poorly photocopied programme in 1996 bugeyes And, Dorking's manager was Terry Eames!

Still only a £1 today. Not bad quality either.

(oops ! Sorry ! I forgot we weren't mentioning THAT club !)

I think that if a player deliberately broke someones leg/ankle then they should be shown the door not by the manager but by the chairman,I know this has happened before when another Camberley player was asked to leave the club by the previous chairman and committee,violent conduct has all degrees and breaking another players leg must be one of the worst, far worse than a punch

Originally Posted By: Big J R
Originally Posted By: TRS

Still only a £1 today. Not bad quality either.

(oops ! Sorry ! I forgot we weren't mentioning THAT club !)

£1 today is the norm but surprised it was £1 back then. I obviously didn't think it expensive at the time though I guess!