Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Trott Must Go Before Next Season

Porka

Today's game summed up our season. Occasional spells of good play, but diabolical defending for large parts, and a puzzling lack of substitutions given that we were chasing the game.

We changed to a 3-4-3 once the scores were level at 3-3. WHY, when we have tired legs at 3-3, and are chasing a winner and leaving ourselves open to the counter attack, do we fail to bring on a sub or two. Martin and/or Morris would have been more than able replacements and I'm afraid Trott just didn't make the call to freshen it up. That's plain naivity.

It's typical of what it's been like all season I'm afraid, and it was shown up right before us today IMO.

I don't know who we could bring in to replace him, but I don't want him here next season unless he can somehow turn it round in the short time remaining this season.

I see no signs of promise if he's going to be so tactically inept. Last week - Dan Young in midfield. What the f...? Morris was fit and ready to go on the bench. Today - an overweight looking Charley Side preferred to Martin, who tore Wimbledon to shreds. Again, what the f...? Worse still, Side goes on to be fairly anonymous yet plays the 90 minutes with Martin sat on the bench.

And Ryan Peters shows us all he's clearly a player with attacking intentions, very attacking intentions, but no doubt he'll have to play right back again on Monday while Corbishley seems to be only getting run-outs for the reserves? Puzzling.

Agree with you Paul, i thought before todays game 'where are we going under Trott?' and i am came to the conclusion not very far. The players don't seemed disciplined, he has said some silly stuff in the press. When the pressure is there to get results he has failed, both this season and last.

There has only been a few times this season where he has got the best out of our players, but other times we have pretty much been poor. His failure to use tactical subs all season has puzzled me aswell. He has a lot to learn as manager.

Even if he does turn it around this season, even if we somehow get into the play-offs, even if we get promoted (extremely)unlikely) iwon't want him here next season. I don't want another season of under par performances.

Last season was failure, this season was a huge dissapointment and our falling attendannces have shown that.

C'MON LADS. When he took over we ground problems, there was some sort of problems with the tax man. He's managed to get us all through this period, keep us in the Ryman Premier, start a reserve and youth team set-up. From which we are already seeing local lads coming through into the 1st team set up.

He's had to deal with a lot of affairs off the pitch whilst preparing us to get a team into the next tier of football. He turns up at reserve games to look at his young talent and they are all that young they will be able to serve the club for the next 15 years.

I believe his taking everything in his stride and building a club with proper foundations. He relises that if we go up. We want to stay up and go on again. This can only be done with a "VERY BIG" cheque book or getting a very good crop of youth that will keep improving year on year as we in turn as a club progress.

I personnally think we're in very good hands, unless you all want a quick fix for a season or two.

KEEP FAITH AND I'M SURE HE'S GOING TO DELIVER BIG THINGS.

I can never understand why so many of you slag your manager off the way you do,he has probably done the best he can with the resources he has,and you have to appeciate that.This league is a good league to be in with some very good sides and no one is going to roll over to let anyone win the league.It does seem that the club with the money has won it this year,so this leaves me to think what happens if a club doesnt have a open cheque book,you look to the youth and bring them on and then as a club you become so proud because then you instill the local spirit into your side like we have at ramsgate.Dont be to hard on your manager like i said he hasnt got the resources for instant success. Good luck on easter monday

Trott has the habit of everyone one thing he does well, he does two things badly

Not sure if he should go though, he signings in the 2nd half of the season have been good but his man management is shocking. His press interviews are damming as well

If there was another manager who could take the position who is better then I would snap the offer up, but I have the feeling that there is nothing out there at the moment

Originally Posted By: Pagey
If there was another manager who could take the position who is better then I would snap the offer up, but I have the feeling that there is nothing out there at the moment

Can see you have not been to many matches this season Andy. There must be at least 10 Ron Managers at every home game talking a good game but then ???

coolsmoke
Ron Manager

Originally Posted By: Porka

I don't know who we could bring in to replace him, but I don't want him here next season unless he can somehow turn it round in the short time remaining this season.

I wont pretend to know much about the Margate situation, but I dont see how axeing a manager, with no idea on who you would like to bring in, will help.

New manager, means a new group of players and an unsettled time for any club and their staff and fans.

I believe Margate are just off the play off hunt, clear of any relegation trouble.

On that form, I'd look to keep what you have got and demand an improvement next season, rather than take a dip in waters unknown.

Granted: Trott did well to keep us up in his first 'half' season. But, when the future of a manager is questioned, there is always one question that has to be asked: have we really progressed under Trott? For me, the answer is, simply, 'not enough'. I've said it time and time again: with the squad at his disposal last season, the playoffs was a minimum.

We are too big a club to settle for finishing outside of the playoffs in the Ryman Premier two seasons in a row. And as the sheer embarassment of Ramsgate finishing above us draws ever nearer, there can only be one reaction: Trott must go.

How many more seasons do we settle for mediocrity?

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke

I wont pretend to know much about the Margate situation, but I dont see how axeing a manager, with no idea on who you would like to bring in, will help.

New manager, means a new group of players and an unsettled time for any club and their staff and fans.

I believe Margate are just off the play off hunt, clear of any relegation trouble.

On that form, I'd look to keep what you have got and demand an improvement next season, rather than take a dip in waters unknown.

I see where you're coming from Greg. But, this was the situation last summer. We went from title challengers to 6th place and missing out on the play-offs, which was a huge disappointment. We then hoped for better this season, and Trott has got increasingly desperate IMO, his only back-up plan is going gung-ho when he thinks we should be trying to get back into a game. At Fisher, he made the right changes. He used his subs well, and we crushed them with our 3-4-3, but since then, when he has gone gung-ho, he has not used his substitutions. It has happened maybe half a dozen times now over the space of six months where he has deliberately told the players to attack and stretch the game even with tired legs, despite having fresh on the bench. Not acceptable.

Also, his man-management has, on numerous occasions, proved to be very poor. It seems we have a prized young player in Aaron Quain who appears to have fallen out of favour with Trott. James Donovan is proving a revelation at Tonbridge under a manager who believes in him. I could go on. A few of the players look a tad overweight to me as well. Our fitness levels do seem lower than other teams.

Several contributing factors lead me to one conclusion. Trott's time is up here.

I personally don`t think anyone should go but they should take a real hard look at what has gone wrong this season . There is a hell of alot of quality at Margate football club and a vast amount of experience to so combining those two should make for a team that can dominate games from start to finish which is what they can`t do so upsetting it all now could cause massive probs next season . If we don`t make the playoffs and we have one or two games to kill i would have Trotty on the bench where he should be and play everyone else where they should be playing , then over the summer break bring in the players required to make the weak positions stronger . This is where Trotty has got ot be at his best , we only need 2-3 players to fill those vital gaps so a small amount required with a fairly good budget should be pretty acchievable then get them all playing together from the start with a good amount of friendlys against good opposition . Up the Gate.

I think we only have to go south 26 miles to see a club up and coming and IMO will be near the top next season after promotion to our league. Parmenter made a fantastic decision in bringing in the vastly experienced Hess who in tern has brought in some good players. Dover have now got it right. I wonder were we right to get rid of Kinnear! Kinnear had nothing to work with and no money when he were sacked. We need a big name in charge who will attract big players because of the respect players have for him, I just don't know who that manager could be though!

Originally Posted By: eyeballpaul4
.... Kinnear had nothing to work with and no money when he was sacked....

Are you sure about that Paul? The club had backed him well that season, we had an enormous turnover of players and he still couldn't get it right. The Club had backed him with the big budget signings of Protheroe & Hockton - the problem he had at the end was he couldn't make up his mind how and where to change the squad to bring in some consistent results.

I listened to a Supporter (home&away, never say's a lot). As i passed him he turned and said,"well we threw that one away but, i'm going home having been entertained".

Agree with you Peter. And CK brought in one Robin Trott, too.

Great range of opinions in this thread - I'll add mine! Trott should stay......but as manager, not player manager. I've never been a fan of the latter arrangement, and I don't think that's helped this year, even though injuries etc have contributed. I just think that to unsettle the players again will be negative and could result in us finishing lower than this year, with further changes to the squad. We still need to bring in 2-3 players to boost the weaker positions, though.

As for yesterday, enough has been said about our performance (defensively we could indeed have done a lot better), but I went thinking the game would be ruined by the gale, and I thought both teams entertained us, kept the ball on the floor when they could......and Wealdstone once again proved how tight this league is in the 'middle ranks'.

Plus points from yesterday - SCS saved us three times in the first half, JJ was great, and Smithy looked comfortable. I clapped and encouraged at the end, although I can understand the passion of one or two who didn't - Trotty's expressionless last thirty minutes didn't help! Tomorrow will be different again........!!!!

Originally Posted By: RamsgateMICK
I can never understand why so many of you slag your manager off the way you do,he has probably done the best he can with the resources he has,and you have to appeciate that.This league is a good league to be in with some very good sides and no one is going to roll over to let anyone win the league.It does seem that the club with the money has won it this year,so this leaves me to think what happens if a club doesnt have a open cheque book,you look to the youth and bring them on and then as a club you become so proud because then you instill the local spirit into your side like we have at ramsgate.Dont be to hard on your manager like i said he hasnt got the resources for instant success. Good luck on easter monday

You'll see tomorrow why some of us want Trott out.