Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Score Updates....

Horace - It's interesting that you bring that up, when 'the great one' first came onto the scene at Haringey and was introduced to 'Sugar' at the New River Sports Centre during a training session, he rudely turned his back and wouldn't even shake his hand, that's the sort of man he is and I dread to think what Clement thought at the time.

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
RHODES YOU ARE A TIT !!!!
From Everyone At Royston Town FC

The Watchfull Listener - I seem to have ruffled a few feathers over this however I feel strongly that 'the great one' was just left to his own devices on Tuesday at Hoddesdon and nobody so much as approached him to say hello or welcome, 'plebs' may have been too stronger word to use though and if it upset anyone then I apologise.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - It's interesting that you bring that up, when 'the great one' first came onto the scene at Haringey and was introduced to 'Sugar' at the New River Sports Centre during a training session, he rudely turned his back and wouldn't even shake his hand, that's the sort of man he is and I dread to think what Clement thought at the time.

That's better bitcher, when backed into a corner revert to type.

Concentrate on what you do best thereby avoiding creating new enemies

Originally Posted By: NewBradwell
Originally Posted By: Doug
[

PS Look forward to meeting you NB and ICU on tuesday.

should be a good game doug

Yeah NB looking forward to it. I hear you boys play good football and we try to. Didn't at Royston because they were just too strong all round and didn't give us a seconds chance to move the ball but despite that performance we do try and play the ball around on the deck.

Originally Posted By: Doug
That's better bitcher

Bitch - Is 'Sugar' talking to you or me. Interesting that he says Royston were too strong all round for 'us' on Tuesday and didn't give 'us' a seconds chance to move the ball around, surely that's what Allan Fenn was brought in for to combat other teams styles of play, I wonder whether he had Royston, and in particular Craig Hammond, watched or had a Don Revie style dossier on them, I think not.

Rhodes (TIT) - Interesting that you should consistently have a dig at Hoddesdon staff for not offering a cup of whatever was on offer to the supposed 'Great One'

On investigation did you offer Tony galvin (Legend) a cup of whatever on 12th March at The Copthall - NO EVERYONE TONY GALVIN was not even approached or spoken too !!!!!

What TIT excuse are you to make up about that

Everyone else I am not being padantic caus I am sure Mr Galvin wouldn't have given a s**t bout getting a cuppa and probably it was more benefit to his health not to have met Rhodes !!!!!

Doug - your comments are appreciated , you caught us on a very good night it happens occasionally. You were tidy in possession of the ball and it was easy to see you had very talented players but it was one of those nights

We weren't even sure if Tony Galvin was present until half time as he looks completely different to when he was a player and had a black woolly hat pulled right down over his head. Like I said before we put everything but caviar and Krug champagne in your dressing room beforehand which I'm sure the majority of Club's you've visited this season don't do and if Paul Attfield had asked for tea at half time instead of the customary orange juice he would have got it with pleasure.

On closer investigation royston ManageR Paul Attfield had to even pay 50 pence for a cup of team before kick off so who has bragging rights now.

Are you seeing this Jonno you have bragging rights now !!

Hospitality tit for tat I say !!

I have to say that I'm surprised, and somewhat concerned, to hear this however the member of staff who served him obviously didn't know who he was or wasn't made aware. Anyway Mr Attfield has a tongue in his head so only had to say that he was the Coach of Royston Town and he would have been told to put his money away, I will be happy to refund the 50p out of my own pocket in due course.

Over the years I have 'hosted' a plethora of managers, chairmen, dignitaries and hangers-on (& bloody agents) from almost every league in the country including The Premiership. Mostly they get someone to phone in advance for freebie tickets on the gate. That done I have then considered whether to invite them into The Boardroom. Sometimes I have - if I like them, sometimes I haven't. Some of these people are more than happy to be just one of the crowd, others are not and in the case of say a Premiership manager arrangements have to be made in advance for their hospitality/security. However If they turn up on spec un-announced, it is because they want to blend in and not be made a fuss of.

At our level it is quite normal for managers etc to visit other clubs, it is NOT the norm to invite all and sundry into the Boardroom. I would not normally invite a visiting manager/coach/dignitary into the boardroom unless I knew them personally.

Originally Posted By: Wader
However If they turn up on spec un-announced, it is because they want to blend in and not be made a fuss of.

Wader - You make some good points however you and me are very different in our views and how to go about our business on matchdays, you remind me a lot of John Bacon at Haringey Borough who doesn't believe in bowing down to anyone for love nor money. The above comment may be true or it may not however it is still polite and a nice touch to acknowledge 'a name' who tuns up at a game on spec un-announced, there is no harm in asking whether they want a cup of tea or any special treatment as they can simply say no. Hoddesdon knew who 'the great one' was on Tuesday as Jonno said he saw him arrive at 7.45 looking uncomfortable, why didn't anyone from the Club, preferably Roger, go over and put him at his ease and ask if they could be of any service.

Perhaps so Rhodesy. But frankly it could get out of control at times. I suppose it's down to personal taste and as I'm not much one for Boardrooms to a great degree, perhaps my judgement is coloured. I am of the school though that thinks match officials should be invited in and I know a load of clubs who don't/won't do that.

I think it only polite that 'faces', 'names' et al should be offered the hospitality. Personally i find boardrooms full of stuffed shirts with no real interest in football and i prefer the company of 'real' footy fans and 'plebs' in public bars grin