Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston FC...

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It could easily be the same scoreline as the final day of last season at Garden Walk, I don't think Haringey will know how to play Craig Hammond tactically and he could have a field day

Spoken like the true supporter that you are !!!!!!

As Rhodes is convinced that the Watchfull Listener is Paul Attfield then ,Doug, if you check the home dugout for a guy normally wearing a blue Tottenham coat then you will have found him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Tony Galvin will bother to introduce himself to 'Sugar' tonight, it was interesting to read New Bradwell's comments that Tony passed the time of day with them last Saturday as he certainly didn't do that at the Copthall Stadium and, as a result, he went down in a lot of people's estimation.

Bulletin, 1-0 to Royston at half time, no surprise there.

Bulletin, Royston 2 Haringey 0, not long finished. No surprise there.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It could easily be the same scoreline as the final day of last season at Garden Walk, I don't think Haringey will know how to play Craig Hammond tactically and he could have a field day

I understand that Hammond scored both goals tonight, I rest my case

Can I just say, trying to be as neutral as possible, that Royston absolutely battered Haringey tonight and the scoreline was the minimum they deserved.

Apart from knocking half a dozen aerial balls into the box Haringey never threatened and actually couldn't even muster one shot on goal let alone on target.

Royston on the other hand were a constant threat and were reallu up for the game.

They created numerous chances with the Haringey keeper and numerous dodgy offside decisions from one of the assistants in the first half keeping the score to what it was.

Haringey were fortunate to have eleven players left on the pitch with some rather crude challenges where they struggled with the pace of the game and in one particular instance a clear head butt was missed by the referee.

The pace of the game was too much for 'the dodgy' assistant as he picked up an injury (not from poor use of the flag) and had to be replaced in the second half.

The spectator who took over was much better !!!!!!!!

A good three points for Royston, thoroughly merited and good to see them get some good form back

oh P.S. There were far more than 86 people at the game (maybe tens of late arrivals)

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
oh P.S. There were far more than 86 people at the game (maybe tens of late arrivals)

The usual *** ****** in other words. Thanks for the comprehensive report, pretty much how everyone thought it would go then other than Royston only scoring two

I echo your thoughts Jimmy, he was a lovely bloke and clearly isn't up his own bum like some ex-pro's can be.

Well done to Royston last night, Jimmy and I both said to Paul that their dip in form is that usual blip suffered by us all from time to time.

Fair report Watchful, we weren't at the races,you thoroughly deserved to win, we huffed and puffed but you were on a different level all over the pitch.

Good banter with the kids who spotted my HBFC jacket and gave me some nice friendly stick . Great hospitality as ever. One of my favourite places to go. Good luck in your remaining games.

Oh I forgot, fair play to your No 11 who was not only the best player on the pitch but deliberately went over to the ref to stop our player getting sent off after the headbutt incident.If it wasn't for his intervention it would definately have been a red card.Cannot praise him enough or the attitude of the rest of your players who were not all clamouring for him to be sent off. Makes a refreshing change to see such sportsmanship.

Quote:

Royston Town (0) 2 Haringey Borough (0) 0
Attendance 86
Spartan South Midlands League Division One.
Admission

It appears from the Royston Crow that Paul Attfield is more interested in the game between Kentish Town and Hoddesdon Town tomorrow than he is in his own, perhaps he will turn up at the Copthall Stadium to watch and I'll be able to refund his 50p:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/story.aspx?brand=ROYWestOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=HertsCambsOnline&tCategory=SportROY&itemid=WEED03%20Apr%202008%2018%3A05%3A23%3A157

If anyone can be bothered , dunno if its been advertised but the 'Crows' take on Tring Athletic from the Prem Division in the Herts Cup tonight semi final. Could be an interesting encounter. 7.45pm ko (could be a few there)

The Watchfull Listener - Would you say that your season is dead and buried following the surprise defeat to Arlesey Athletic on Saturday:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/story.aspx?brand=ROYWestOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=HertsCambsOnline&tCategory=SportROY&itemid=WEED07%20Apr%202008%2010%3A17%3A06%3A510