Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston FC...

What has happened at Royston FC since November is a miracle and a complete success and is nowhere being seen as a 'dead and buried' period. Promotion was never on the agenda and if it had happened it would have been a massive bonus. Third or fourth place is a superb final outcome as we were well bottom in November ie 8 points from 11 games.

Everyone is welcome to thir opinion but the club will be in an excellent position both on and off the pitch from the beginning of next season and should realistically push for promotion most definately.

What I have seen the manager is building an excellent young side and much football we have played, especially at home as been of a very high standard

Watchfull, as much as it hurts to say this, Royston are 1 of the best (if not the best) team I have had the pleasure of playing against this year, certainly kept me alert all night! If you can hold on to your current squad for next season I'm sure you will gain promotion (if you don't succeed this year).

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Watchfull, as much as it hurts to say this, Royston are 1 of the best (if not the best) team I have had the pleasure of playing against this year, certainly kept me alert all night! If you can hold on to your current squad for next season I'm sure you will gain promotion (if you don't succeed this year)

From a spectators perspective I don't agree with this at all, they had no idea how to combat our tactics and resorted to pumping long high balls into our penalty area all night long, I'm sure if any people who lived through WWII were in the crowd it would have reminded them of the blitz. Craig Hammond was inaffective although to be fair I know he sustained a nasty injury at Hoddesdon when they resorted to kicking him out of the game the previous Saturday.

Willo - Thanks for your comments. It is always good to hear the thoughts from a players perspective and as I wasn't personally at the game I can only go on what others say.

As no one in Royston bothers taking any notice of Rhodes (most hated man in the Town) I think he should concentrate more on getting into the pants of the cheif executive of the Nigerian FA

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
It is always good to hear the thoughts from a players perspective and as I wasn't personally at the game I can only go on what others say

Actually you wouldn't have thought that he was playing in the game at all, Royston weren't impressive in the slightest and I believe got a roasting from Paul Attfield afterwards

Blowingbubbles - Actually you couldn't be more wrong as Royston were favourites to win Division 1 at the start of the season and nobody could believe how badly they started, how can you say that they have had an impressive season that has shocked everyone. I certainly don't have a thing about Royston as you put it infact I've been their biggest fan since Paul Attfield took the reins in November and a big admirer of Craig Hammond's prolific goalscoring even if he is getting handsomely paid to play in the SSML.

Rhodes - You seem to think you know everything to make yourself look so big when you actually know nothing, especially when it comes to RTFC.

You have constantly had niggling jabs at the club at regular interval and now have promoted yourself in our eyes from being a complete TIT to a complete and utter Tw*t.

How much is Craig Hammond getting then ??

Come on you go on a national forum by stating he is getting constantly paid handsomely and therefore slandering the other players !!

Where do you get your information from ?? You don't !! You guess from your twisted brain and think it is clever and superior to do it !!

I am sure everyone would love to know how much Mr Hammond is getting so come tell everyone how much it is or crawl under the little stone you started your life from and swallow dirt !!

Sorry everyone but Rhodes is a nob and if I ever see him (which I hope i don't) I would tell himto his face

PS Good Luck Kentish Town !!

Watchfull Listener-Come on don't try and tell me that he and a couple of others aren't handsomely paid for the level that they ply there trade at. Exact figures are not something i would go into again (i have done in the past), however i am aware of what he was offered at another club and believe me he aint on peanuts.

Royston made an attempt to buy there way back to the prem follwing a bad start and i for 1 wont shed a tear should they be fought off by the North London 2 and Hoddesdon.

There set up is nice and crowds a credit to the town but earn it from day 1 not from a sugar daddy, 150+ crowds should allow you to compete on budget for local talent and i suspect you will be the team to beat next season, whether Craig Hammond is there to help you... well i suspect not, time will tell.

As for Rhodesey's comments, i am more worried about yours and the idealistic sunshine local boy come good rose tinted glasses that you seem to wear.

The Watchfull Listener - It was very hurtful to be described yesterday as the most hated man in Royston and at that rate you will be talking lynch mobs soon when I next visit Garden Walk which doesn't look like it's going to happen next season unless we are drawn together in the Challenge Trophy.

I have it on good authority that Craig Hammond was being paid

The Watchfull Listener - What is that supposed to mean. I note that you haven't answered McMullen's earlier post which put you firmly in your place unless you're busy at work in Nottingham, that's quite a commute you've got.

So you do work in Nottingham then, Tollhouse Hill isn't far from the City Ground is it!

The City Ground isn't in Nottingham - not many people know that!

close Dykey - it's in the Borough of Rushcliffe, town of West Bridgford (as is Trent Bridge!)