Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston FC...

I'll spell it out for you later as I'm just leaving for our game today, good luck against Stafford Rangers today although you're obviously in the play offs come what may.

Originally Posted By: blowingbubbles
how do you mean by manipulated?

Firstly what happened today at Buckingham Athletic, I made that my away banker of the day.
The Garden Walk crowd figures this season, and the blatant manipulation of them, have already been well documented as they are hugely under reported to the SSML. The Watchfull Listener dismissively put it down to Under 16's being allowed in free hence not being included in the attendance and fair enough however that just accounts for an extra 20 or so, what about the additional 50 or 60 over 16's which, at

Rhodes - our club business has nothing to do with you so put your head in my guillotine and I will do the honours !!

Your only jealous because you have never seen a crowd before so 'put a sock on it'

Buckingham ?? Squad rotation system so i gather. I understand we had all the posession but had one of those days infront of goal - never mind these things happen.

I would be more worried about your result than ours tasty little slip up that !!

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
I would be more worried about your result than ours tasty little slip up that !!

What are you talking about, it was a hard fought point away from home against a decent team who no doubt played some first teamers from the British Gas Business Southern League. It's Haringey Borough and Hoddesdon Town who are worried not us as we are still very much in the driving seat, Lewis Hamilton style.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener

What are you talking about, it was a hard fought point away from home against a decent team who no doubt played some first teamers from the British Gas Business Southern League. It's Haringey Borough and Hoddesdon Town who are worried not us as we are still very much in the driving seat, Lewis Hamilton style.

and we all know what happened to him!

I know for a fact that the Bedford Town first team do not play for the reserves,the Manager will not allow it. I think your draw has made the promotion race all the more interesting. Sometimes you have to admit that you weren't quite at your best or that the opposition raised their game against a better team and move on to the next game.

Newby67 - That's exactly what I have admitted to, fair play to Bedford Town Reserves as I gather they defended superbly after having the bare faced cheek to take a 2-0 lead against us. As you say it has certainly thrown the promotion race wide open again whereas if we had won yesterday we would probably have been home and hosed and looking forward to visiting Biggleswade's equivalent of the Bernabeau, Nou Camp and San Siro all rolled into one.

The official neutral (Willo the Cat) opinion of the game was that we robbed them blind with the help from the ref. Ask anyone who was there! I was that embarrassed that I felt compelled to apologise to the Bedford Town fans sitting to my left.

But the game is 90 mins long and as Horace said the other week

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
that I felt compelled to apologise to the Bedford Town fans sitting to my left

Didn't you play then

As someone who has good mates in both the reserves and first team at Bedford Town i can assure you that no player who has played in the first team this year was in the team Saturday. They played a centre-half who returned to the club recently and will be included in the first team next season no doubt.

What didn't happen was they didn't lose their better players to be subs for the first team so it was a strong reserve team.

As Willo says kentish got a dodgy pen which got them back into the match but they still had to score it and go on to get a draw so fair play. Bedford's supporters were incensed - it was hilarious!

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

But the game is 90 mins long and as Horace said the other week

Bloody ref don't know 'is [****!!****] from 'is elbow - that kind of stuff?

I'm not involved with Bedford Town res just know of a few of there players. I play for Bedford FC - infact I played against your lot last week - centrehalf that carried his leg for the last 30 minutes.

I was also was in the Bedford FC bar with you, McMullen and Wader after the Bedford Town Res game!

You can tell from this article in the Royston Crow that Paul Attfield is a broken man, Royston should have wiped the floor with Buckingham Athletic last Saturday rather than tamely drawing 0-0 and now he's saying that the trip to bottom Club Cranfield United won't be easy. It's very sad to see as they should still be fighting tooth and nail for a Premier Division place next season:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/story.aspx?brand=ROYWestOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=HertsCambsOnline&tCategory=SportROY&itemid=WEED16%20Apr%202008%2017%3A33%3A37%3A953