Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Who's sold more tickets - the Gulls vs the Fleet?

Dom - time to face a fact . Les ( AFF to you ) has more friends on this website ( not just this forum ) than you will ever have . You cannot buy friendship , and you won't earn it from any of us by sniping at Les . You may be going to Wembley , but there'll be an emotional detachment . Les loves this club in a way you cannot comprehend , and , judging by your remarks to him , you are never likely to experience that either , unless you too manage to clock up some years watching our club .

Originally Posted By: 1 F in Fleet
Dom - time to face a fact . Les ( AFF to you ) has more friends on this website ( not just this forum ) than you will ever have . You cannot buy friendship , and you won't earn it from any of us by sniping at Les . You may be going to Wembley , but there'll be an emotional detachment . Les loves this club in a way you cannot comprehend , and , judging by your remarks to him , you are never likely to experience that either , unless you too manage to clock up some years watching our club .

excellent...well said..

Dom - time to face a fact . Les ( AFF to you ) has more friends on this website ( not just this forum ) than you will ever have .

Am I suggesting that the guy doesn't have friends?

You may be going to Wembley , but there'll be an emotional detachment .
Les loves this club in a way you cannot comprehend

Am I suggesting that he doesn't support EUFC?

You cannot buy friendship , and you won't earn it from any of us by sniping at Les .

Not interested in buying friendship - indeed I am very careful about who I regard as a friend. And I certainly wouldn't claim anyone to be my friend without at least having a face-to-face convversation with that person.

judging by your remarks to him

I treated Les with the utmost respect and consideration despite all the criticisms he had of MyFC until he jumped in to back-up another individual (who doesn't support EUFC and comes on to this forum to purely stir the [****!!****]) and continued with a series of abusive and insulting personal remarks. If he behaves in this fashion he will receive absolutely no respect from me - irrespective of what other members on this forum feel.

you are never likely to experience that either , unless you too manage to clock up some years watching our club .

With all due respect - you have absolutely no idea what my committment is to EUFC or what my emotional attachment is to EUFC. If you are claiming that someone can only be a fan by spending 45 years attending every home game - then I will never be a fan. If you believe that someone is a fan if they spend all their spare time thniking about the club and the team and the players and what they can do to help the club develop and progress - then I am one and will continue to be whether myFC continues to exist year after year. I joined MyFC not because I wanted to own a club and pick a team - but because I wanted to support a football club (which I haven't sone since my local club folded over 20 years ago) I wanted to help build a club and I wanted to change the way football fans are treated by the club owners. For me MyFC is a vehicle for helping EUFC - nothing more nothing less. I spend three or four hours every day working on projects within MyFC to try and help the club. From the day that it was announced that MyFC were going to takeover EUFC, I became a supporter of EUFC and I will remain a supporter long after MyFC is gone. And may I point out that I am not the only member of MyFC that feels like this - at this stage there many others all over the world that feel the same way. And - despite all the sniping that some individuals can engage in - we are not going away.

Originally Posted By: doheochai

I wanted to help build a club

We did that already - I hope you mean you wanted to see it grow , not tear it down so we have to really build a club .

I wanted to change the way football fans are treated by the club owners.

So MYFC own the club ; you are part of MYFC ; show us how much better you are now treating Les ( who , lest anyone forget , is a REAL fan ).
Or ..... take it on the chin . Take one for the team , if you like . No amount of bandying with words will change either of your opinions of each other .
To not consider someone a friend until you have met face to face - before cyberspace , maybe . After all , cyberspace is how most of MYFC view the Fleet , isn't it ? But equally , to consider someone as hostile because they don't share your views ... on a forum ? Please remember the concept of a forum .

I treated Les with the utmost respect and consideration despite all the criticisms he had of MyFC until he jumped in to back-up another individual (who doesn't support EUFC and comes on to this forum to purely stir the [****!!****]

you have no idea why people come on here wanchai and have no right to pass comment in that respect...you are actually a whining despicable self serving lonely man who thought he had found his nirvana....

the truth was somewhat different and that irks you somewhat...people like les and I and others sussed you real quick and now others have as well...you're history mate....non gratis mentus.... gotcha1

We did that already - I hope you mean you wanted to see it grow , not tear it down so we have to really build a club .

Semantics - in my part of the world - to build means to take something from where it is now and to help it develop, grow, progress (insert appropriate verb).

No amount of bandying with words will change either of your opinions of each other .

Let me make myself very clear once again - I have absolutely no problem with people having a different of opinion than myself - I have no problem with anyone criticising my opinions - I have no problems with anyone questioning my motives - I most certainly have a problem when two individuals, who because they do not happen to agree with me, disgracefully engage in hurling abusive personal insults at me. There is absolutely no way I have to take such behaviour 'on the chin' for anyone. If someone behaves in such a fashion towards me then you can be damned sure I going to give as good as I get.

To not consider someone a friend until you have met face to face - before cyberspace , maybe

If you wish to consider someone you have had communication with throught the anonimity of the internet, a friend, that is your choice. All they time people say stuff over the internet which they wouldn't say to people face-to-face. So I will wait until I at least have, what I consider, a proper conversation with someone before I would consider calling them a friend.

After all , cyberspace is how most of MYFC view the Fleet , isn't it

EUFC is a club I support - not something I want to be friends with.

But equally , to consider someone as hostile because they don't share your views ... on a forum ? Please remember the concept of a forum .

And again my reaction has nothing to do with different points of view - it has to do with being the subject of personal insults. And if you look back over all the threads you will see that two individuals repeatedly engage in inappropriate behaviour towards me (even for a forum like this) and I rarely - if ever - reply. Criticise me for what I say, by all means - but I will not accept personal insults based on what someone thinks I am like - simply because they cannot be bothered making a resonable argument.

They are attributed to Frank Hardy , Irishman , member of the Australian Communist Party until his death in 1994 .
He always liked the last word too .

Actually Frank Hardy was born in Australia of a Welsh mother and English father. He was a Stalinist - I'm not - and, irrespective of what people might think of his attitude towards others, he deserves respect for campaigning against the treatment dished out by the Australian government towards the native Aboriginal people. By bringing it to worldwide attention, he forced a change in the policy of the Australian government.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
people like les and I and others sussed you real quick

And I believe it was the BBC that sussed you - for the whole country to see.

we have done this one before wanchai...no one sussed me and no one proved anything including the bbc who are prone to and encourage speculation as do others like you...

you're history mate and fckn good riddance...NL football doesn't need users.. it needs givers...

it has to do with being the subject of personal insults. And if you look back over all the threads you will see that two individuals repeatedly engage in inappropriate behaviour towards me (even for a forum like this)

ah diddums....two bullies are upsetting wanchai....

harry and hirsty...you must stop this immediately... grin

Originally Posted By: Dave EUFC
by paying money at the gate we give every bloody week, your payment of 35 quid doesn't come close to the thousands that we may have all spent watching our local clubs, dont come on here and talk about giving...

Now, now Dave......Leave the lies bullsh!t mis-truths to him.........He only paid Twenty Seven Fifty, to the Fleet! wink
He paid the other Seven Fifty to Willie Brooks...........So he could call him a friend! grinarse

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
it needs givers...

Just like you gave to Hornchurch

ah yes...what I gave to Hx....

thats an intersting one wanchai and it started in 2001 when I paid a 100k off to stop the little old club going into liquidation...it was the day before the winding up petition if I recall...never had it back...

thereafter followed 3 promotions in 3 years and another 200k invested in the club to rebuild the stadium..

then of course my business failure which was much publicised but never understood nor accurately recorded and needless to say and a matter of public record...I have just received an undisclosed 7 figure sum in compensation...read into that what you may wish.....

I digress however....I returned to the club (no I hadn't run it for a year before 2004) and started to rebuild it again at much family cost and against the wishes of my children and partner....since then we have come back up 2 leagues and could well be promoted a third time...once again in 3 years...and another 200k of family money....won't get it back...

I regret what happened in 04 and in truth it would have been easy to leave it all behind me but I didn't...I stayed and I am glad I stayed and I can look in the mirror each day....

what I am... I am... but one thing I know is that NL football will be better for doers than self servers...lots of them around recently....!!

you want to rid football of people like me....?

well thats your opinion.... but hopefully..should you succeed... you will not replace us with people like you...