Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Who's sold more tickets - the Gulls vs the Fleet?

Originally Posted By: doheochai

If you wish to consider someone you have had communication with throught the anonimity of the internet, a friend, that is your choice. All they time people say stuff over the internet which they wouldn't say to people face-to-face. So I will wait until I at least have, what I consider, a proper conversation with someone before I would consider calling them a friend.

So no web cams for family and old friends to converse with across cyberspace in Eire ? And to make new friends with , of course - not exactly face to face , but you can gauge the measure , etc .

EUFC is a club I support - not something I want to be friends with.

You really are good at taking the point away from the context of the intentioned . What I meant was that most of MYFC view EUFC solely from the cold grey light of their PCs - especially those further afield , who will never , ever get close to an EUFC match .

Originally Posted By: 1 F in Fleet
They are attributed to Frank Hardy , Irishman

Sorry - lots of cut and paste - actually don't know why it's there , looking back where I sourced the quotes .

Actually Frank Hardy was born in Australia of a Welsh mother and English father.

Hmmm ... his mother was a Catholic , his father was of Welsh and English extraction . Anyways , lineage is for horses . It's him that counts .
Semantics ...

You don't really support the Fleet though do you.

If MyFC had taken over another club, Halifax for example, you would say that support them.

You 'support' the MyFC ideal rather than the Fleet.

I find your postings on here somewhat offensive and extremely misguided, especially to hard core fans such as AFF.

I also notice that you have not replied to the post I put on the MyFC forum on Thursday.

Nothing more to say eh?

You need to think before you post.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

ah diddums....two bullies are upsetting wanchai....

harry and hirsty...you must stop this immediately... grin

Me ? Don't bring me into it !! grin I have often thought of replying to his posts ( in addition to the couple of times I actually have )......but I really cannot be bothered. I just ignore them now !

Cheers,

Originally Posted By: Jeff
You don't really support the Fleet though do you.

Yes I do - may be hard for you to believe. You suggest that I couldn't possibly understand what it is like to support EUFC as a local - and you are right - because I am not. Similarly - you cannot possibly understand what it is like to support EUFC as someone who is not local. If MyFC folded tomorrow I would continue to support EUFC.

If MyFC had taken over another club, Halifax for example, you would say that support them.

But MyFC didn't buy Halifax - so here I am - along with several hundred others who now support EUFC as their only club. There are thousands of MyFC members who support other clubs first and that is their choice - but not every member of MyFC is in that boat.

You 'support' the MyFC ideal rather than the Fleet.

MyFC is not a football club - it is a means to an end.

I find your postings on here somewhat offensive and extremely misguided, especially to hard core fans such as AFF.

Because I am unwilling to accept the pedantic posturing of some individuals - no apology from me on this one. I am willing to give everyone a fair hearing and show everyone due respect for their opinions - all I would like is to see the same in return.

I also notice that you have not replied to the post I put on the MyFC forum on Thursday.

Have no idea what post you are talking about - if you wish to provide a link I will have a look at it.

You need to think before you post.

I always do - I can assure you that when I am involved in a serious discussion I always think carefully about what I say.

I accept the fact that there are some EUFC fans on here who are not happy with the MyFC takeover of the club. I accept that some fans are worried about what is going to happen to their club. I accept that some people are not happy with my defence of MyFC on the forum. I accept that some people don't like when I post here. However, the reality is that, for the foreseeable future, MyFC will be in the ownership of EUFC. It is in the best interests of every fan of EUFc to work to ensure that this relationship is a success - not for the sake of MyFC but of the club. I am willing to give a committment as I did from day 1 - that I will work solely in the interests of building/growing/progressing/ developing the club.

That's me well and truly talked down to by the Professor isn't it?

Dom, in the same way as DixieDean did when he ran on the pitch at Northwich. you've done more harm than good recently with your good intentions in the slowly burning love affair that is the Fleet and MyFC.

Slagging off PROPER fans isn't endearing.

Slagging off PROPER fans isn't endearing.

The only 'proper' fan that I have ever slagged off is AFF - and he deserved it.

no... he didn't deserve it at all...you came on here full of your self righteous and pompous know all 35 poxy quid membership and started laying the law down..

several people.. inc les... saw through you straight away...anyone that stood up to your bollox and gerrymandering was immediately blasted by you as not proper fans and abusive...

your churlish dummy spitting posts of course after you were totally ignored in the recent elections gave the game away and everyone then saw through you for what you really are...a know nothing plastic nl football suppporter who has yet to attend a game watching his beloved ebbs and who reports everything back from here to moonie hq like a puppet...

truth is wanchai you are a grade a self promoting self serving wannabe nerd and have no place in non league football...nor on these forums in fact.. which you would quickly find out should you branch out onto others with all your bollox..

try

http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/forum.jsp?id=18

for example.. grin

Plastic NLL.

Ooh that's a new one.

:-)

I prefer double glazing myself tired

as I said wanchai..the old ones are always the best...

by the way have you got those wembley tickets yet...I'll send a cheque to the ebbs supporters trust for a monkey if you turn up there...

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
He'll be at Wembley........................He's a big time Charlie!

not so sure les....

his bragging about booking flights and hotels before getting tickets didn't ring true to me..I think he's a forum nerd...

so lets see what sort of a fan he is....lets have a foto of him on here and then another one at wembley and if genuine I shall donate 500 quid to the fleet supporters trust.. yay

He'll probably be sitting next to Will Brooks in the Dignitaries/Directors Box............IMO!

No he won't.....that will be me!
Aptly enough I will be sitting on his Right Hand Side.
Why?
Because I went online to buy 4 tickets and only have the 'Behind The Goal' option available to me.
I await the next allocation but not sure how that works if the 'Behind The Goals'seats from the first allocation aren't sold.So..move over Dodecahedron..Will and I have got a game to watch1

PS
The other 3 tickets are for Fulham supporters that live near......wait for it.............Aldershot.
This may have jinxed my request.

Originally Posted By: waggamick
He'll probably be sitting next to Will Brooks in the Dignitaries/Directors Box............IMO!

No he won't.....that will be me!
Aptly enough I will be sitting on his Right Hand Side.
Why?
Because I went online to buy 4 tickets and only have the 'Behind The Goal' option available to me.I await the next allocation but not sure how that works if the 'Behind The Goals'seats from the first allocation aren't sold.So..move over Dodecahedron..Will and I have got a game to watch1

PS
The other 3 tickets are for Fulham supporters that live near......wait for it.............Aldershot.
This may have jinxed my request.

I've said it before.............Could have been worse.........Could have been behind Hirsty! biglaugh bolt