Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

For men only!

WelshBob

Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan
Originally Posted By: buzzgate
Alan,i'll leave it to an extent but i also heard that excuse.Two problems,one as far as i hear he hasnt got a girlfriend-players tell me that and laughed,two i and others saw him stumbling all over the place drunk as anything else.I accept you will never see a problem with players,i dont accept the implication me and others didnt see it.

Ok fair enough Buzzgate, if you are at game tonight be good to have a chat and put a face to the name if you don't mind?

Wasnt there tonight Alan but will be at Leyton so happy to chat,if not following week where I will be as usual in front of clubshop when margate attack that end

Originally Posted By: eyeballpaul4
I'm with the Trott go brigade. And I was one of those 150 back in the early 90's and I used to sit in the stand with Grandad Ron on the main stand gate (Big Ron).
Of course I was only little then. I remember Iris's tea hut burgers, not really that nice. Nan used to work in the tea hut with her. How times have changed.
Anyways quite frankly we need an experienced manager with pedigree but someone who will take note of up and coming local tallent and aid their development. I'd like that person to work closely with Wevs and maybe take note of good local tallent for upward progression.

To be honest in the 11 years ive supported the gate RT is the only manager to nurture the youngsters.
May be the only one to have the oppurtunity to do so?

That is possibly correct, but equally post last season, we read of him not giving the younger fringe players attention-and remember Lawrence Yiga-and the alledged comment 'i have not got time to develop him' !!

In fairness-maybe that has been one of RT's learnings as a manager -he is allowed to change his mind like the rest of us afterall .

The funny thing is she called me that because she thought I had edited/deleted one of her posts but I was innocent of charges, as done by one of the other moderators grin

Just a enquiry really, does anyone have any suggestion as to anyone who could have been appointed manager when RT took over and could have done a better job, ie two years in a row where we have been close to the play offs. Bearing in mind the huge problems he has had to overcome re finance, ground etc. I feel a bit sorry for the guy actually, he seems a decent bloke and i am sorry but we do not have a devine right to promotion, in fact we are not ready for it and will not be until our financing has been assured. I honestly believe that who ever was in charge would have achieved no more and off the fence now I think he should get another season thats of course if he wants another season which cannot be guaranteed.

We could have kept that manager that brought us all that success, then stuck by us through all the cr^p and whose loyalty was rewarded with the sack. The best non league manager was not available-we already had him.

I fully expect some abuse for harking back to the past but it's the truth!

I agree he was good Hornet but lets be honest because of his inability to change our system at the end we were in great danger of being relegated. Talking of CK how many seasons did it take him to get us promotion may I throw into the equation?

Well, after taking Dover from nowhere to the Conference he then did it with us. We were then the TOP part time club in the country, F.A. Cup runs, 3 KSC's in a row, league wins of 8-0 etc...CK did not f*ck up-the club did. He may have not changed the system but then at least we knew what the system was!

But how many seasons did it take him is my point Hornet? No denying his expertise but he did not do it in a couple of seasons is my point.

I've been back through this thread and it appears it's 8-7 in favour of Trott out actually and that's without a post from DutchMike, Richard Kirby, SeasideSteve and Porka so a little bit of spin there from the Trott in brigade (should have been politicians). Talking of which JJ still hasn't nailed his flag to the mast ooer missus!