Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

For men only!

WelshBob

Got to say boys and girls great post and great replies, if nothing else it shows the passion of those of us that care most, and I will be coming home next month yipee and can make my own judgements next season.

The score (sorry Cookie) is now one million and fourteen to one million and fourteen. Cue Harry Hill "wot are the chances of that happening?"

I didn't realise we had so many fans-just as well that many are stayaways or it'd be a health and safety nightmare!

Originally Posted By: Pagey

I feel sorry for all the people that get home from work, see the amount of postings and then have to trawl through it all

Oh well might as well join in then.You got that right Pagey.Maybe an underlying reason why I asked for calm too. Off to work now. I'm sure I'll have loads to read at 11pm..No sleep tonight for me then.
Especially looking forward to Trottys answers being on the forum or MISA link or wherever they will be.

I believe if a few of the anti Trotty people on here actually spoke to him re things some might change their minds, who knows.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Hornet
F.A.O. Bitch. WelshBob is a w*nker, Taffy is a t*sser. What's next, Hornet is Hung like a donkey? Well it would be the truth (ahem).

I think m'lady was on one yesterday...just a little... busted

Guilty as charged m'lord blush

While i am into confession, yes i do want Welsh Bob badly, i feel i'm getting deep with him grin But, i think i may have had a bigger offer from Hornet! shocked

Back to the voting boys. I'm just setting up some new user names bolt

Trott Out. I don't believe he has the nous to take us forward. Also, I don't believe he is cut out for management, which is something that has taken time to become clear.

Whilst accepting that some of the 'reasons why RT should be given a new contract'may be a bit to sensitive or personal to post publicly;in all of this debate, iam yet to read one single reason from the pro RT sector as to why he should be gioven a further opportunity;apart from vagaries such as hope and needs more time.

I am there to listen/read rational arguement and actually very much want to be turned into a pro RT fan;but there is not one single posting that gives a rational reason for him to be given a further opportunity.

Please give me a reason-i'm listening/reading hard with open mind and want to be swayed-give me something .

I would say that his commitment to the club is beyond reproach. If he were of premiership status then I would agree that he needed to go, but we are in the Ryman lge and therefore do not have fat cat sponsors and billionaires ready to empty their pockets on the managers behest. We have to ground ourselfs as

"supporters" and realise that his budget has been cut from last year and injuries/suspensions/sackings have not come favouribly for him, we know nothing (and rightly so) of his personal life and to the extent that the management/directors of MFC release minimal if at all funds when badly needed. What Im trying to say MM is that we only know snippets of information to which too many of us (supporters) seem to think ourselfs competant enough to regard a Manager/Player not good enough for the job they were employed to do.. For a guy that has a full time business to run as well as trying to front a football team at this level, then I have nothing but high regard for RT, maybe just maybe there lies his problem - trying to juggle his private (business) and his managerial life. I am frustrated with the level of posts regarding his dismissal as i would say 70% of the "out Trotty" posts come from members who probably havent got a clue what is going on in the background of the club both personally and financially.

Right. Personally I do not think this is a thread that is particualrly healthy for the management, players or club itself. Nor is it a true respective of the views of Margate fans as the number of people who use the forum is only a small percentage of the total following. And to be perfectly honest, no matter what the result of the votes is it will not make a jot of difference as the board will decide what to do, not us fans.

However, it has brought up one of the best conversations on here for ages (albeit with still a bit of the off-topic stuff boosting the already large post count) and given a wide range of views for both camps. Trouble is that there are already discrepancies on the vote count!

How about setting up two new threads called 'I think Trott must stay' and 'I think Trott must go' and as the first post in each thread put something like 'If it is your opinion that Robin Trott should stay (or go in the other thread, please post your name, but not your reasons here. The reasons can be discussed in the 'For Men Only!!' thread''. That way a simple post count would give the results, bar deletion of posts from fans of other clubs/double posters etc and it is completely unriggable. Actually a third thread saying 'I am undecided whether or not Trott should go' would give a much clearer view of the all round opinion and making them all sticky means everyone can see the total number of posts (and therefore votes) in each thread from the index page.

Just a thought

Steve