Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another sub standard referee

There has been some poor refereeing this season, but tonights ref has to be amongst the worst I have ever witnessed, he blows for half time when we are about to shoot, he sends off Sasha for a 50-50, he gives them a penalty (which was a dive), yet fails to see a blatant hand ball by them for a penalty to us, then just to finish off a terrible display, he blows for full time when we are on the attack on the edge of their area. Shocking!

Originally Posted By: wellred
Maybe, but from a 'Fleet' point of view, he was SH*TE! The Halifax player may of had One foot up, but he had studs showing, if Sasha had to be sent off then ok, but the other player should have been punished as well. The ref definitly favoured the home side.

you couldn't see the halifax players studs from the camera/refs angle..I have said on another thread that had the ref been the other side maybe the halifax player would have gone but I doubt it as he went in one footed and sasha went in with two...

there is no fleet point of view...only what happened... grin

Originally Posted By: Alan W (GNFC)
The Halifax player was fortunate - - Sacha rolled to one side in making his challenge which meant the Halifax players studs missed crashing into Sacha's thigh. On that basis both should have seen red.

sorry do not agree...the replay quite cleary showed that sacha went in with two feet and studs up..the halifax player went in one footed...

studs up are a yellow...two footed is a red...FA rules..

That ref was rubbish, we were just waiting for the next rubbish decision. If he had done that move of blowing the whistle at half time at a big league ground he would have caused a riot. Rule number 1 of refereeing, common sense. Blow as the corner is about to be taken, or after the move. The penalty was not a surprise, then he blows as we attack at the end. He got plenty of stick.

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
That ref was rubbish, we were just waiting for the next rubbish decision. If he had done that move of blowing the whistle at half time at a big league ground he would have caused a riot. Rule number 1 of refereeing, common sense. Blow as the corner is about to be taken, or after the move. The penalty was not a surprise, then he blows as we attack at the end. He got plenty of stick.

You were at the game but I was not, how did you get home before me?