Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2008/2009 Squad

CT9

Michael if he signs 6 this would take the figure up to 18 anyhow without any new "young local talent". All that would be in the 1st team squad would be the same as Trotty already had in last season!

You may be right, but i have a feeling that whilst the opportunity will be there more than ever for the younger plaers to get in the squad-they will have to 'earn the right'.

Equally, notwithstanding a smaller budget, you would probably pay some of the younger players a third of what the likes of JJ and jay were earning-at least until they had proved themselves-and so arguably, you can have a slightly larger squad even spending less

Perhaps we need a hybrid, Lewis/McClean/Taylor. Chris does an aweful lot of running/back tracking and can not be faulted in commitment but seems to fall short of final result. Joe does hang about a bit and could up his team effort BUT scores goals and thats what its about. Jamie seems to have nateral ability on the ball, score with both fee, proved himself last year and this and is, over 10-30 mtrs very quick BUT is not consistent both up front and tracking back. Chris and Jamie played together second half v Ramsgate for 30 mins and tour Rams apart. The one I`d like to see, reserve level is Joe/Jamie together, bit of weight and speed, if they clicked it would be some front pairing. If I had to be critical this should have happened last season in reserves. That of course is if both are still at the club and TRAIN hard. Am I pushing it tho.

I imagine that for the most part the team will be made up of seasoned players with a coulpe of last seasons reserves thrown in. I expect to see some signings in the coming weeks. Then, once the dust settles and the management can see what they have, can only really do this under match condissions, juggle some of the younger players. I would hope that this part would be to bring them in for the 2009/10 season. I don`t think MFC would expect our younger players to walk into the first team and hold a place week on week. So I see a mostly proven squad with 4 to 6 youngsters who will be given a chance as and when. One swollow etc. Expectation for next season, a season to build, lower mid table, anything above that in my view would be a real plus but heart says HIGHER.

Concur 100%

I believe there will be fewer younger players in the squad to start with than many anticipate.

AS DG says-see how they perform under match conditions and then slowly feed them in,so that in 2009/10-there are realistically5/6 local young players PERMANENTLY in the team on merit.

Must admit I can't remember who actually said but one of the top table did. That they're looking towards loaning some of our reserve players out to "other" teams. I guess the likes of Deal, Herne Bay, Faversham etc.. This way they'll be getting Kent Premier league experience and see how they cope in this league initially.

My own personnal view on what is about to happen is that the likes of Payne, Pratt, Taylor, Wheatly, McNamee, Keki ect. are all going to be loaned out to other teams. In the meantime we'll draft a few on loan players in ourselves. As these players leave to go back to their parent clubs, our lads; that have been performing well, will be brought back and tried out in the 1st team.

Could be wrong but I came away with this view after the meeting.

This in turn allows last years 18's to pick up the batton and run in the reserve team set-up. So our system can get a look to see how these perform.

On paper it does seem that there might be too many ex u18s and reserves which would fit TSOs post. I know some were talking of leaving but that was before the resuffle of management. Having watched the "trills" some weeks ago I don`t think anything was gained and therefore it will come down to those who Tom/Phil already know about plus a couple who are recommended. Again I think there are only one or two reserve players who would stand up to a regular first team place, not just the playing but all the other stuff including what`s said here. Two reserve player make a permanant move to the first team and those who show they have it come and go to get a feel, perhaps 4 home games, nothing like having home support to cheer you on. But I expect come the start of the season it will be as need dictate. I`m already thinking of a season ticket.

Here it is, to my knowledge so far. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Already signed:-

SCS, Young, Smith, Coleman, Morris, P.Smith, Moir, Peters

Awaiting confirmation:-

Bowles, Corbishley, Quain

Most likely from last years reserves:-

Lewis, McAree.

That should make 13 players so far. So working on the assumpition of a squad of 18 players, that leaves Ashby another 5 to bring in. Whether other local lads or more expierenced players remains to be seen.

Eastwood latest to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

SCS, Smith, Coleman, P.Smith, Peters, Quain, C. Robinson

Bowles, Corbishley, Morris, Moir, Young

Most likely from last years reserves:-

Lewis, McAree.

That should make 14 players so far. So working on the assumpition of a squad of 18 players, that leaves Ashby another 4 to bring in. Whether other local lads or more expierenced players remains to be seen.

Originally Posted By: hippy
SCS, Krunic, Smith, Coleman, P.Smith, Peters, Quain, C. Robinson, Payne, Harker, Lewis, Axon, Cliff, Vanhinsbergh.

Bowles, Corbishley, Morris, Moir, Young, McAree

That should make 14 players so far already signed. So working on the assumpition of a squad of 18 players, that leaves Ashby another 4 to bring in. So with 6 awaiting confirmation and any others that Ashby might want to bring in I guess the awaiting 6 are sweating on getting asked to play or going to another club. Got to admit I'm amazed at the 6 that have been left out but there again what do I know? I just watch the game.

I don't think many would disagree with Hippy's list of the 6 we ought to sign-but where Hippy states-awaiting confirmation-my interpretation is that this is a Hippy/fans 'wish list' of 'awaiting confirmation'-as opposed to the thoughts of BA-i.e do we know that Ashby wants to sign and has approached these players ?