Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2008/2009 Squad

CT9

Whilst we will no doubt see more local players in the team; i think some of the postings are over exaggerating this-personally-i would be surprised to see more than 4 local players in the team at start of season.

Overall-its obviously going to be a younger team-but to start with-maybe not too many local players-albeit-i am sure they will get their chances next season.

As an aside, i am concerened that Smith may not these days be able to hold a role in midfield-and we may thus lack enough energy in midfield

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
I'd like to see Josephs,Young,Morris,Eastwood and corbishly all retained.

We are all making the assumption that the reserve/fringe players will sign-maybe they will be tempted elsewhere; but i do hope that Ashby does sign most of them-at least it would give a nucleus of a team,which would just about survive in the league;and trhen slowly but surely,Ashby coukld strengthen any weak spots where players do not make the step up.

Agree with these seletions plus Quain and possibly 3 or 4 additions from reserves. Lewis, McAree, Pratt and Vanhinsburgh. Plus last years u18s manager Hickman.

The rest I believe should be brought through during the course of the next year or two.

Just like to say that I think both Taylor and Wheatly have the capability to become a great striker and awesome defender, probably above Ryman Premier standard. For now though I believe they need to grow a bit more and get faster. If they were to move up, to 1st team, I believe they would sit on the bench, at best. This could be to their detrement. As it is let them work on their game for a while longer, and when they comes in, let them be the REAL DEAL. Just my opinion!

who is this Brett Kinch guy that ramsgate have just signed from local sunday football (and was in one of those local cup games a couple of weeks ago )

-is he someone who has slipped through our net ?

Is it a major loss to us ?

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
who is this Brett Kinch guy that ramsgate have just signed from local sunday football (and was in one of those local cup games a couple of weeks ago )

-is he someone who has slipped through our net ?
Is it a major loss to us ?

Brett Kinch was a regular in our reserves in 06/07. Signed last summer for the reserves I think but didn't appear too much. Not sure what happened there. About 24 years old and plays for Birchington USC who finished 2nd in the Thanet Sunday League. When I saw him he always looked decent without really standing out. He might make the step up. One of those that has probably got the ability, but it's down to him.

Kinch not a bad player,not sure he can step up though.Still believe there is a big big gap between sunday league and ryman prem and we need to ensure we have a handful of locals/youngsters rather than a glutton.Players mentioned have potential though remember Eastwood is 26 not 17 and this will be the first time at this level.Youngy is staying which is great news in my opinion.

Is that a confirmed fact-Young to stay ?Now lets resign/sign Josephs,wheatley,eastwood and corbishley.

imo,

scs, corbishley, young ,smith ,eastwood, wheatley and josephs can do a decent job defensively between them -just need some organisation skills drummed into them,and how to defend as a unit

We are on for a bloody good hiding next season. Same players that let in goals like a sieve, with all the better experienced players gone. I cant believe they have let Jackson go. Surely there must have been some money to retain him.

Factually, i have to agree with you re: the defence MS.

However, they will have an extra years experience,a determination to do better,and above all a different leader and coach.

For me-a fascinating 'sideshow 'with regards to next season is how a similar defensive line-up works under Ashby's guidance.

We will have had similar managers insofar as they are both inexperienced ;and both ex- defenders.

Trott gloriously proved that he cannot coach/organise a defence.

I wonder how Ashby will fair as he has virtually identical credentials-surely he cannot be worse-thats why i have a sneaky feeling the defence will do better next season

Who are the other two Cookie.

I make the team so far:

SCS

xxxxx Young Smith xxxxx

Coleman Morris P Smith Moir

Peters xxxxxx

It could be alot worse for late may-and to me it looks even at this stage, good enough to minimally avoid relegation

Michael.TROTTY has gone in case you hadn't noticed. Maybe time now to get off his back.Its all history now.

Similarly, JJ should get off KP's back as he too has come back on board & nothing he says is going to change that.

If you two can take a breather on both I promise never ever to mention the European Song Contest again. Is that a deal gents ? wink smile

On re-reading-maybe it was a bit slanted-not deliberate though-just shows how much the bloke got to me in the end.

Notwithstanding that it was not meant to be interpreted as a 'pop' at trott,i thought it was quite an interesting comparison between the two managers-i think they are even the same height. !!

Here it is, to my knowledge so far. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Already signed:-

SCS, Young, Smith, Coleman, Morris, P.Smith, Moir, Peters

Awaiting confirmation:-

Bowles, Corbishley, Eastwood, Quain

Most likely from last years reserves:-

Lewis, McAree.

That should make 14 players so far. So working on the assumpition of a squad of 18 players, that leaves Ashby another 4 to bring in. Whether other local lads or more expierenced players remains to be seen.

I'd be interested to see Luke Wheatley, Ollie Gray, Shannon McNamee and Joe Taylor get run outs in pre-season as well as those already mentioned by Hippy. Could all very well stake their claim.

Agree totally with you Porka but I'm guessing Ashby will make 2-4 signings from elsewhere. Who knows possibly Lewis and McAree might not even get a look in? Plus let's not forget Pratt, Payne, Axon and Vanhinsberg.

The numbers just don't add up. So there's definately some of these lads not making it, possibly brought in one at a time as season unwinds.

I have a sneaking suspicion, that Ashby could well make 5/6 signings.

I think he is sensibly adopting the underpromise/overdeliver stance.

I just have this feeling that he will get some decent experienced blood-in reasonable numbers aswell- in so that the likes of Jay and mckimm are not missed too much at all.

As someone else posted though-i hope its down the spine of the team-central defence / centralmidfield and to lesser extent a striker (would like to see haworth resigned, but guess that is not going to happen ).

Hopefully he will not keep on signing 'wide players' like trott did just to prove he could sign someone .