Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2008/2009 Squad

CT9

i think that bournemouth runner might have a point here you know.. ive been checkin out hippys comments and all he ever seems to do is talk about Jason mcaree.. ive seen him play a few times and he seems a great talent but hippy is taking things over the top... what do you think?

Hippy talks about lots of the reserve players but I agree with him Jason can be an asset to us with his pace and skill, he just needs to get fitter which will come.

I think Hippy's contribution to the forum is extremely good.He doesn't only support the first team,he is one of the few who also go and watch the reserves.He makes sensible and interesting comments and long may he continue to show such enthusiasm.

At the moment the squad has risen to 15 plus 2 to be confirmed. Total of 17. If this is so and Ashby is working on a squad of 16-18 it doesn't look like my "wish list" of Bowles, Corbishley, McAree, Morris, Moir and Young are going to make it. Got to admit I'm a little gob-smacked or do we think he's going to sign more than 18 ?

Very good point Michael. We don't know how much these lads are being paid to sign up. I didn't think about that. So the squad could be a lot bigger than we were initially expecting. Would have thought that McClean, McNamee, Taylor and Wheatley will be given a chance, at some point during the season, too.

Although it pains me to say it, ol' Bobby Butler was correct on one account; I know that at least one of the three he mentioned has at least been offered a contract, and will likely sign in the next week or so. As for the wages, yes, unsurprisingly, btw is correct: aroundabout

You know what Alex I hope you are right. I was very upbeat about next season. Many of the lads I have played against or with and I hope they can make the step up and give us a good comfortable season.

With the players we have even now, would think at least a top 10

finish. And who knows with a couple of experienced players a top 5 finish can be achieved.Young legs, big hearts,playing 90 mins

of football can achieve great things.Last season old legs,no spirit 70 mins football despair. Come on get behind them and believe.

stop dreaming MM

We will not be in the relegation zone at any point in the season and we won't be floating just above it either. We will have more of a chance of getting in a play-off place then getting relegated next season. [/quote

Alex - your the one that should stop dreaming - you got no chance of making the play offs

Until the season starts-we may aswell 'live the dream'.

I am concerned though that Barry Ashby actually realises the quality and standard of the Ryman League.

Its as good as conf. south imo,and very tough.

Has BA actually seen that many competitive( end of season v Harrow was like a friendly fixture ) Ryman games ?

Actually he covers that very point in his last interview / update.

I thought his answer was somewhat vague-hence the posting .

Mr Paxman may have asked-'So tell me prime minister-how many matches specifically have you seen in the last 6 months ?

I'm probably wrong on all counts.

Up the 'Gate