Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PRE SEASON GAMES

Is that you're only friendly Kentish ? Alot of clubs don't seem to be playing as much this pre-season. All the clubs I've been involved have always had a big emphasis on playing games to get match fit !

Last season 'we' had four very competitive friendlies at Eton Manor, Biggleswade United, Basildon United and Bethnal Green United which stood 'us' in good stead for the championship winning campaign ahead, I would be surprised if the Club have only arranged one pre-season match this time around against Ruislip Manor of all Club's who are presumably still in 'left hand right hand' mode following their traumatic link up with Tokynton.

i think pre season friendlys are vital for the season ahead, last season we had an awful pre season with Takeley and Waltham Forest pulling out last minute, we only played 2 pre season games, one on a park pitch against stansted and one on a tuesday night at potton where only 12 players turned up, we went on to have a dreadful start winning only 1 out of the first 6 games, this year we have addressed that with 2 friendlys against step 4 sides, 2 against step 5 clubs and one against a strong herts county league side, hopefully these games will help us get a lot of match sharpness and help us get off to a much better start!!!

I think we'll have played 5 games before our first competitive match which I think is about spot on.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Yes I can't believe that we are not travelling for 16 hours to play 4 games off football either - top decision if you ask me by the management

That's the Management but what does the Head Coach think

I would have thought the Head Coach would have more of a say than the Manager concerning pre-season activity and the fitness Coach would have no say at all. Surely the Club won't want to go into the game at Hertford Town with just one friendly under their belt, Haringey Borough have arranged eight against the likes of Ware, Potters Bar Town, Waltham Abbey, Royston and Cheshunt.

Isn't that supposed to be the Secretaries job, when I was Secretary I managed to arrange the games at Eton Manor, Biggleswade United, Basildon and Bethnal Green fairly easily and could have fixed one or two more but was told not to bother.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
And as I said before we ended up travelling for a total of 16 hours

So the Club would rather not play friendlies as they don't want to travel, that's a new one on me and I'm sure everyone else.

Originally Posted By: bosman08
Ah but Kentish Town has town has said "we have found them really hard to arrange this year" so as Rhodes has said he managed to sort them out so who is Rhodes replacement and what is his excuse? :-)

The Club have had a few difficulties in trying to replace Rhodes