Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PRE SEASON GAMES

Folks - What can I say, Corinthian-Casuals did it again this afternoon by drawing 1-1 at Llangefni Town, another extraordinary result if you consider Hector Varela's young team must have been out on their feet having, firstly travelled up to North Wales yesterday morning, played the game of their lives against Prestatyn Town and then let their hair down and had a deserved night on the town.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Folks - What can I say, Corinthian-Casuals did it again this afternoon by drawing 1-1 at Llangefni Town, another extraordinary result if you consider Hector Varela's young team must have been out on their feet having, firstly travelled up to North Wales yesterday morning, played the game of their lives against Prestatyn Town and then let their hair down and had a deserved night on the town.

very professional set up Hector is trying to instill then?

Originally Posted By: Septimus
I hope you had your passport. You know they do strange things to sheep and cucumbers on that side of the River Lea?

Ah, the good old Lea. I used to row on the Lea at least 3 times a week, competitively as well as training. Our most famous victory in the 8's ever was on our 'home' stretch of the Lea. Mind you pollution foam regularly swamped the boat and when we sank once (against St Albans I think) I had to visit Whipps Cross hospital for a stomach pump and a tetanus injection. Happy days!

Originally Posted By: k

Originally Posted By: petethegreek

Today I was officiating on the Wingate & Finchley -vs- Tonbridge Angels game

Thanks, that wasn't so hard was it. I heard that the game was played at a sports academy outdoor pitch which was be roped off, it all sounds a bit Hackney Marshes.

biglaugh

I hear the ref had a good game wink

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
hi keeps...still love you as its love in weekend...yay

Keeper No.1 - I met Unc for the first time today as I helped out with the 'clear up' event at Bridge Avenue, he's the real deal and I don't know why you have such a low opinion of him.

Petethegreek - There is a thread about the game on Tonbridge Angels Forum and hopefully the link below will work. Out of interest were you Refereeing or did you run the line:

http://www.tonbridgeafc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Originally Posted By: Wader
Originally Posted By: Septimus
I hope you had your passport. You know they do strange things to sheep and cucumbers on that side of the River Lea?

Ah, the good old Lea. I used to row on the Lea at least 3 times a week, competitively as well as training. Our most famous victory in the 8's ever was on our 'home' stretch of the Lea. Mind you pollution foam regularly swamped the boat and when we sank once (against St Albans I think) I had to visit Whipps Cross hospital for a stomach pump and a tetanus injection. Happy days!

I use to row at the lea rowing club when I lived in hackney, orange vests.... those were the days...

i watched a football match this weekend, 3 goals and a sit in the sun. I had to go and get the football from the ditch a few times. and from the field opposite. so did a few other old farts. whist the fit 20 somethings sat waiting for their opportunity to impress. i mentioned it! quelle surprise.

i too love all fansfocus members, footyfantasticisntit?

Originally Posted By: Bitch

Thanks, that wasn't so hard was it. I heard that the game was played at a sports academy outdoor pitch which was be roped off, it all sounds a bit Hackney Marshes.

biglaugh

I hear the ref had a good game wink

He was almost as good as the senior Assistant Referee. wink

Petethegreek - There is a thread about the game on Tonbridge Angels Forum and hopefully the link below will work. Out of interest were you Refereeing or did you run the line:

http://www.tonbridgeafc.co.uk/forum/index.php

I ran a line.

Petethegreek - That's what I thought when I read the report on the Tonbridge Angels Forum