Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PRE SEASON GAMES

Don't get too excited when you drive through the huge gates to enter Sittingbournes Ground at the end of the industrial estate. The massive main stand and apparant club offices in front of you are not it. Turn left in the car park and go down a slope to the real ground.

For Sittingbourne fans to have to stare at the huge stadium next to them every match and remember that it was once theirs and what they are now playing on was a training pitch, must be galling. Nevertheless clubhouse good size.

Brimsdown 1-2 Waltham Abbey

We was under alot of pressure from a very good abbey side, Elmes is way too good for that league. took to lead on the break and our keeper kept us in the game to be fair. but we are starting to look good now. hows this for a shock i played 90mins after a week in ibiza.

We've got Lemsford tonight and Wormley on Sat, both away.. I think!

looking alot better now, think it will take time for the team to gel as its a totally new squad but we seem to play better each time and have been cometing with ryam teams which is good.

Originally Posted By: Tiger007
Just annouced Ruislip Manor v K T F C on the 2nd of August 2008, kick off 3.00pm.

What happened, I understand the game was called off early this morning.

Hopefully Nellie will be on shortly to explain why the game was called off as I know she was planning to attend, it's all a bit of a mystery.

As I mentioned in another thread, I went to a game today that involved no SSML teams but was the closest to where I live. Dunstable Town (who were allegedly going to be the visitors to Hertford Town, but didn't have the decency to tell their hosts that they couldn't get a reserve team together until the last minute) were the visitors to Enfield at Wodson Park, Ware. The hosts were quite worthy 3-1 winners, and although I went to this game as a complete neutral, I must say I came away having a great deal of sympathy for the home side. Enfield were not the greatest team I have seen in recent months but their team spirit was superb and lifted them to a well-deserved victory. Their visitors on the other hand, for a team one step higher in the non-league pyramid, were a disgrace. They had a few individuals, who had a few tricks up their sleeves, but as a unit they left a lot to be desired. The refereee did not have a great game but the outlandish abuse he received from the away bench was unbelievable. If this had been a league game I reckon Dunstable could have been in quite a bit of trouble with the way they treated the senior match official. Anyway, judging by today's performance I reckon Enfield will do alright in the coming season and good luck to them. Dunstable on the other hand will struggle in their league, especially given the number of long trips they will have to make in the next nine months. But do I have any sympathy for them? No! and I don't believe many Enfield supporters will have either.

Brimsdown beat Ilford 1 - 0, at home. It was a very good game. The one low point was Brimsdowns Matt Maskell being taken to hospital with a (very) possible broken shin bone. It took the ambulance an hour to get to Goldsdown Road!!! I wish him a speedy recovery.

Originally Posted By: Hollie
Brimsdown beat Ilford 1 - 0, at home. It was a very good game. The one low point was Brimsdowns Matt Maskell being taken to hospital with a (very) possible broken shin bone. It took the ambulance an hour to get to Goldsdown Road!!! I wish him a speedy recovery.

Hollie it seems to be common that when you call a ambulance to football ground they take for ever wwhen you tell them its a possible broken leg - willos top tip drag him to the nearest street say he fell down a pot hole and you are going to sue the council - I bet they are there in 5 mins!!

Wish him a speedy recovery from all at Kentish Town.

Will do Willo, thank you. I agree with you about the wait for ambulances. I was speaking to some Ilford fans and we were all agreed that as soon as you mention its a football injury you wait ages for the ambulance. I wonder if there are any ambulance crew members on these forums who could confirm or deny this? Brimsdowns injury list goes on, as per the back page of today's Non League Paper. Dan Cole suffered a fractured eye socket playing for England in the European Disability Championship Final, yesterday.

I can confirm that ambulances take a long time in coming also from a personal experience, I suppose an assumption might be made that there is a medical person onsite at the ground and that the basic treatment has already been administered thereby moving it from "emergency status".

I think with the way crime is happenening more and more everday public services are constantly been stretched and they have to priortise cases such as where to send ambulances. If its not a neck injury and someone has a 4X4 or an estate van and a proper stretcher probably best to take the person direct or as Willo said take them to a street.

Bosman08 - There was an instance at Basildon last season where ironically Kentish Town had one of their four pre-season friendlies, a player dislocated his shoulder and was in a lot of pain. We called an ambulance however they suggested to take him to nearby Basildon hospital ourselves which we did following a struggle as he has to hold his arm in a certain position, it was hardly ideal but I think an ambulance would have taken forever and a day to come.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Bosman08 - There was an instance at Basildon last season where ironically Kentish Town had one of their four pre-season friendlies, a player dislocated his shoulder and was in a lot of pain. We called an ambulance however they suggested to take him to nearby Basildon hospital ourselves which we Paula did following a struggle as he has to hold his arm in a certain position, it was hardly ideal but I think an ambulance would have taken forever and a day to come.