Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PRE SEASON GAMES

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

well one could presume that all of the players used their real names and didn't break any FA and league rules and that their parents made sure that they were not put in danger.....grin

Unc - What are you getting at here as Keeper No.1 hasn't responded, normally he, or his wife, does immediately so they must have something to hind

Wodson have got Hoddesdon (Reserves?) on Thursday at Cheshunt Country Club. (Also someone else on Thursday but I don't know who or where!)

Then we've got BBV&E Reserves on Sat at their place I beleive.

Sorry .. correction, we have got Hoddy (Reserves?) and BBV&E Reserves both on Thursday evening. Think I'm at V&E

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Today I was officiating on the Wingate & Finchley -vs- Tonbridge Angels game

Petethegreek - You haven't confirmed as yet whether the description below from the Tonbridge Angels Forum fits you:

"The Matt Lucas (I am the only linesman in the village) lookalike lino by now harrassed for missing two pens then awarded one with a minute to go after Westie was hauled down. This time Rooks weak effort was saved by the keeper to end 2-0."

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Today I was officiating on the Wingate & Finchley -vs- Tonbridge Angels game

Petethegreek - You haven't confirmed as yet whether the description below from the Tonbridge Angels Forum fits you:

"The Matt Lucas (I am the only linesman in the village) lookalike lino by now harrassed for missing two pens then awarded one with a minute to go after Westie was hauled down. This time Rooks weak effort was saved by the keeper to end 2-0."

No Rhodes. That would be the other Assistant Referee. smile

Yes but you're bound to say that aren't you

Here's the link if it works, the Linesman the Tonbridge Angels Forum is referring to definitely seems to be you:

http://www.tonbridgeangels.co.uk/TAFCTV/Highlights/Wingate_190708.php

wade is a very good combatative midfielder now, who was a regular in the hertford midfield for the last few seasons, previously a forward he also has an eye for goal!! 5 very good central midfield players at the club now, so competition will be fierce!

Originally Posted By: blues06
wade is a very good combatative midfielder now, who was a regular in the hertford midfield for the last few seasons, previously a forward he also has an eye for goal!! 5 very good central midfield players at the club now, so competition will be fierce!

You and Wadey should fill one centre mid spot between you if you can get your suspensions at different times!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Here's the link if it works, the Linesman the Tonbridge Angels Forum is referring to definitely seems to be you:

http://www.tonbridgeangels.co.uk/TAFCTV/Highlights/Wingate_190708.php

The Assistant Referee who gives the penalty is on the near side and you know that is not me.

Other memebers will vouch for that.

Case closed.

Go bother someone else with your rubbish.

petethegreek, I work with (well up to today anyway as the place has just been closed down!) a ref who does SSML matches who doesn't like doing friendly games as he likes to officiate them the same way he does "competitive" games, and as a result normally gets a lot of stick from the players because of this.

How do you feel about friendlies, do you go lenient (as in not give yellow or red cards where you normally would) or do you treat it the same as you would any match?

To me a friendly is nothing more than a training session for me and the players. I'm just there to make sure that two teams and the spectators enjoy a game of football where we start with 11 vs 11 and finish with 11 vs 11.

Common sense most often than not starts with the managers who ask you that if any of their players are acting up they will take them.

I have never had problems in all of the friendlies that I have officiated and have had no need to show cards.

Sounds like most clubs would rather you officiating their friendlies than Wrighty then petethegreek, apparently he sent off a couple of players in the 06-07 pre season which lead to some "heated" scenes.

To be fair he makes a good argument, a bad tackle or foul language should be dealt with-maybe he just got unlucky and had a few bad friendlies to ref in!!

AWK - Do you happen to know whether any SSML Division 2 Club's have friendlies tomorrow night.