Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A meeting....

andyetfc

appears to have taken place between ETFC and Enfield 1893 regarding the possibility of having only one Enfield team in Enfield. All according to the Non League Daily.

I am sure that the matter was reported as being dead in the water some time ago.

A merger with a Herts based team! Must be something to do with the QE2 stadium.

No doubt someone will provide the link from the nonleague daily web site.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
appears to have taken place between ETFC and Enfield 1893 regarding the possibility of having only one Enfield team in Enfield. All according to the Non League Daily.

I am sure that the matter was reported as being dead in the water some time ago.

God I hope thats true.

The most positive way forward is a United Enfield thats Town and 1893 obviously.I challenge any 1893 and Town (which is what I am) supporter and committee member otherwise.

We can merge and put all efforts and resources into promoting one Enfield team that is run by those who have no other vested interests other than non-league football and maybe higher in our borough.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Here's to hoping its true & here's hoping it happens sooner rather than later, however I do wonder how true the article may be.

Lets hope it is true.

I'll even throw down an opening bargaining line from an annual Town member/subscriber that if and when a merge happens the new club should be called Enfield 2008 FC with all memrobillia only displaying Enfield FC on it so as to get as close as possible to our originality.

But the Supporters trust constitution should otherwise remain

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

OLD NEWS

Over and over again..z z z z z z z z z z....zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Let's just get on with our new season and let the Herts based team do the same.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
This is how Enfield1893FC see the situation regarding the QE Stadium:

Queen Elizabeth Stadium

I've just read that plan by 1893 and I'm being honest as to say that it's a total non starter. Theres no security mentioned, too many cooks in the same kitchen and what happens if one of the organisations falls apart a couple of years down the road i.e the athletics organisation, will 1893 sacrifice it's resources to beef it up............nooooooooooooooooooo. Recipe for disaster.

Bottom line is it should be a Football Stadia alone with facilities that allow it for community use, as for athletics well we've said it again and again they have got Pickets lock, New River.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Originally Posted By: Duke of York
This is how Enfield1893FC see the situation regarding the QE Stadium:

Queen Elizabeth Stadium

I've just read that plan by 1893 and I'm being honest as to say that it's a total non starter. Theres no security mentioned, too many cooks in the same kitchen and what happens if one of the organisations falls apart a couple of years down the road i.e the athletics organisation, will 1893 sacrifice it's resources to beef it up............nooooooooooooooooooo. Recipe for disaster.

Bottom line is it should be a Football Stadia alone with facilities that allow it for community use, as for athletics well we've said it again and again they have got Pickets lock, New River.

Why do the words 'cheap' & 'cheerful' spring to mind?

It's interesting to note that the plan has deviated from that presented to the open meeting by dropping ETFC and broadening the athletics base. It clearly has the support of the 'Friends' at the moment, although as one of its key aspirations is to improve access to increase local property values that may not last. The bar proposal may not find favour once more fully developed.

I suspect that there's a gamble around whether extended interest in athletics lasts beyond 2012, while on the face of it the enhanced facilities for local use won't be in place to generate funding for too long before then once the decision making, planning, etc. processes are complete.

FInally, I don't believe that the Council is interested in offering a non-repairing Lease, nor pumping in cash not spent on access improvements.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I'm sure O'ware and her cronies won't support 1893 building a seperate clubhouse and sports hall.
Thats an odd thing to say , Reading the statement on their website it appears Mrs O'W and her group have already given their blessing to this clubhouse = Hence the Q E partnership .

A little green with envy over here me tinks . sick

Originally Posted By: Albury_Walker
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I'm sure O'ware and her cronies won't support 1893 building a seperate clubhouse and sports hall.
Thats an odd thing to say , Reading the statement on their website it appears Mrs O'W and her group have already given their blessing to this clubhouse = Hence the Q E partnership .

A little green with envy over here me tinks . sick

Your boasting the support of O'Ware and I presume as an allie. You can have her.

I'd rather have the support of those with no vested interest who support a Footy club in the community that will serve our borough for hundreds of years to come. A club that will run youth teams for boys and girls in our borough from the age of 7+ and offer football into's from 4+ as well as senior football of course.

All this at a time when the youth in our borough are crying out for positive outlet rather than holding a national record for fatal stabbings this year.

Rugby has its community project at Saracens in Bramley Road and if we can assist Ignatians as well (which I believe Town can) then great. Athletics has Pickets Lock and New River. What we need is a Footballing environment at a Senior level in the community for our kids to look up to.

If 1893 are to move forward then they need to be honest to themselves. Their history (as EFC and 1893) shows a failed administration that can be vulnerable if owned by individuels and not a trust. I challenge you and O'Ware to say or try and justify otherwise.