Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sudbury 3 - 3

OldTowner

Originally Posted By: Abu Dhabi
Puddytat, Harvey, Reece, Ojalabi, Gant, Odwell, Anderton, Hall, Crace, Marshall, Deane, Allen, Mitchell, Campbell, Drisdale

I know that we cannot play everyone in the squad BUT there are some BIG name signings not in that 15.

So, what is going on ?

Dauti, Hahn, Thomas, Williams and Hammond to name just 5

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Originally Posted By: Abu Dhabi
Puddytat, Harvey, Reece, Ojalabi, Gant, Odwell, Anderton, Hall, Crace, Marshall, Deane, Allen, Mitchell, Campbell, Drisdale

I know that we cannot play everyone in the squad BUT there are some BIG name signings not in that 15.

So, what is going on ?

I'm guessing that the gaffer (both of them) don't want to show their hand too soon or they are observing certain players accordingly.

But hey this is only a friendly and looks as if we are setting ourselves up nicely for the season, however, I can do without reading these slow starts we are doing on a regular basis,..........................................................But they are only friendlies

Dauti, Hahn, Thomas, Williams and Hammond to name just 5

Luke scored the third, to round off his best performance in a Town shirt to date. It would be interesting to learn how many free kicks he won, as Sudbury simply resorted to fouling him when he had the ball.

Also, I thought there was a lot more than 'a few brief flashes' of Rio's ability. He had, by some distance, his best game so far.

Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
so do we think the team that starts tomorrow will be the managements preffered one?

Disagree with FJ, I think the management will want a piece a silver that will bond the players together a touch more.

I think they'll go for the strongest line up tomorow and so they should. This is just an opinion though. But its great to start looking forward to a new season with high hopes

Neither did I....

But Stuart has said that he will be playing as many as possible of last year's squad tomorrow, as it is last season's competition. I still think we can put out a starting eleven made up of last year's players.

first time i've seen Rio.Have to say i'm not totally convinced..was told before hand that he rarely passes forward and that proved correct.Only when the options of passing backwards or preferably sideways were blocked off,did he seem to want to pass forward.

saying that his height should prove a bonus in centre midfield (epsecially if Rudi is partnering him) and he does look to make space to receive a pass as well.

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
Neither did I....

But Stuart has said that he will be playing as many as possible of last year's squad tomorrow, as it is last season's competition. I still think we can put out a starting eleven made up of last year's players.

Not sure I agree with that view as it is NOW that counts not last season or last seasons team !
This game on Tuesday should be a 100% try out ready for Saturday v Maldon.
You won't hear many supporters saying - oh well last year's team did OKAY, if they get beaten.
That's my opinion anyway.

One good thing that may come out of Tuesday is that 90% of the team will be playing for their positions in the League match.
At least they should be !!

Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
Originally Posted By: Father Jack
Read your Gazette!!

bit tricky if you live in twickenham

Here you go - copy and paste from the Enfield Advertiser website:

Margolis aims for glory ahead of cup final
By Dominique Stafford

ENFIELD TOWN will be looking to win their first silverware in more than three years when they take on Hillingdon Borough in the much-delayed final of the Middlesex Charity Cup on Tuesday (7.30pm).
Poor weather at the end of last season forced the match to be postponed, and Town co-manager Stewart Margolis believes that victory in the encounter