Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

Originally Posted By: Jonno
Originally Posted By: Special1

Had we lost, our admirers e.g. Jonno, NF, Rhodes would put it down to sour grapes ...
where did that come from?? I dont think ive ever passed comment on your club in the 2 years that ive been a member of this forum.

My apologies Jonno but I was just responding to the 'chestnut' comment that sounded as if you were siding with NF.

Re the above match report ... Our conversion rate must the best in the league because we seemed to have had only 3 chances all game and scored all 3! smile

sorry special one, my comment was a general one, not specifically aimed at you

Originally Posted By: Sprocket 1
Originally Posted By: digby
Spartan South Midlands
Premier League
Tuesday 31st March 2009

Hertford Town 1 - Cockfosters 1

Much needed point for Cockfosters tonight, game of two halfs, although Hertford did hit the woodwork with a penalty as well, their pitch not good but playable, not bad at all after being under all that water, as for the fans, they sang well, no problem with them at all, good fans that get behind their team like all home supporters should, and as for their players, well both teams were out there to play football.

Well done to both teams

Think that summed up the game in a nutshell Digby, yet again we ran out of steam in the second half and deserved the final result, great banter with your keeper as ever, very enjoyable night overall and a pleasure to compete against a team that wasn't out to kick lumps out of our players.....and with no screaming psychos running amok abusing our old folk! looking forward to playing you again next season Digby.

We always look forward to playing Hertford as we always know that both teams are out there to play footbal, thats why our Manager knew he could field 8 under 18's against you in the Floodlit Cup to give 1st team players a rest, as we had done three weeks of the Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday senario

The Manager knew that your players would not kick lumps out of them on the pitch, and your supporters and players would show them respect, and as you know there are teams which you would not be able to do this with, we also hope that we will see you next season in the Prem league Spocket 1

digby, wipe ya nose old bean, there appears to be a dirty brown mark at the end of it. . . . .

Tonight's results:

Premier Division

3 3 Leverstock Green v Biggleswade Town

Attendance 41

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20090402

Division One

1 2 Brache Sparta v New Bradwell St Peter

Attendance 5

0 4 Cranfield United v Royston Town

Attendance 45

3 2 Hatfield Town v Stony Stratford Town

Attendance 77

0 0 Tokyngton Manor v Bedford

Attendance 11

2 5 Winslow United v Arlesey Athletic

Attendance 27

Herts FA - Charity Shield Semi Final

3 2 Broxbourne Borough v Kings Langley

Attendance 35

Hunts FA Premier Cup Quarter Final

1 0 Ramsey Town v Biggleswade United

Attendance 45

West Herts St Mary's Cup Semi Final

4 2 Tring Athletic v Hemel Hempstead Town

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Division One
1 2 Brache Sparta v New Bradwell St Peter
Attendance 5

An anorak from another's Forum was at this one:

Spartan South Midland Div.1
Brache Sparta(1)1 v New Bradwell St Peter(1)2
Entrance

It is supposed to be on Thursday 16 April at Garden Walk

Played against Royston last night. They are by far the best side in the league and I wish them all the best for their climb up the non-league ladder.

We matched them for 35 mins but think our recent fixture pile up finally caught up with us after that and their superior fitness showed. Their squad is very strong in depth and they all are young, talented and very well coached.

PS Can I just add what sort of league gives sides a game on a Thursday (26th), Saturday (28th), Tuesday (31st), Thursday (2nd), Saturday (4th). When are we supposed to see our families. Not a full time job this you know - some of us do it for 'fun' and playing this many games in such a short period (at my age, may I add!!!!!) is a joke!

Sort it out Mr Fixture Secretary!

Nothing to do with wiping my nose Jonno, give credit where its due, lots of repect for Hertford Town players and various others teams in this league that want to play football not kick lumps out of your players

Also repect for people who come on here and want to talk about football and not just slate each other off !!!

Agree Southmids you guys thumped us well the other night but I think we were even feeling the effects as no one could have predicted the end result from the 1st half. Blame the snow although the league could have been pushed out a few weeks as Tues, Thurs, Sat games are a bit too much.

Originally Posted By: southmidsfan
Played against Royston last night. They are by far the best side in the league and I wish them all the best for their climb up the non-league ladder.

We matched them for 35 mins but think our recent fixture pile up finally caught up with us after that and their superior fitness showed. Their squad is very strong in depth and they all are young, talented and very well coached.

PS Can I just add what sort of league gives sides a game on a Thursday (26th), Saturday (28th), Tuesday (31st), Thursday (2nd), Saturday (4th). When are we supposed to see our families. Not a full time job this you know - some of us do it for 'fun' and playing this many games in such a short period (at my age, may I add!!!!!) is a joke!

Southmidsfan - I agree the fixture pile up over a two/three week period (end of March/beginning April) is absolutely insane for a number of clubs in the SSMFL. It does seem even more stupid that most of the Div One clubs have little or no mid week games over the later part of April leading upto the final weekend.
These games could and should have been spread over a wider period. A number of teams have had to endure at least one week of 'four games in a week, fixtures and that at any level of football is insane.
May I also say that Cranfield United is an excellent facility, one of the best in the SSMFL Div One I have visited. Nice people, excellent clubroom and good playing surface in a picturesque setting.
Royston had a very tough game against Kings Langley on Monday evening but it never showed and as SouthMidsfan says they looked fresher and fitter on the evening. Personally not convinced that is a full excuse why Cranfield lost the game. Royston played excellent football, especially in the second half and maybe could have left with a bigger winning margin. That said it was a sporting game and all the best to Cranfield in the future. They have a decent management team and commitee who have a clear vision for the future and should be commended how they have done in the second half of the season. As for Royston it's looking very good excited

Southmidsfan - So the SSML fixture Secretary is responsible for the weather then and the worst winter we've had in this Country since 1991.

Southmidsfan - So the SSML fixture Secretary is responsible for the weather then and the worst winter we've had in this Country since 1991.
no, hes just a plum. Fixture lists for the entire season issued at the start of the season would save him and clubs a lot of messing about should the weather play havoc. Games could easily be arranged in the empty slots then. But no, thats a bit too bloody uncomplicated for the ssmfl.
Originally Posted By: digby
Nothing to do with wiping my nose Jonno, give credit where its due, lots of repect for Hertford Town players and various others teams in this league that want to play football not kick lumps out of your players

Also repect for people who come on here and want to talk about football and not just slate each other off !!!
And thats a HUGE bite!

Fixture lists for the entire season issued at the start of the season would save him and clubs a lot of messing about should the weather play havoc

Jonno - Not that old chestnut again, we've been there before and fixtures for the entire season in the SSML wouldn't work as there are too many cup games in 101 competitions to work and plan around.

Fixture lists for the entire season issued at the start of the season would save him and clubs a lot of messing about should the weather play havoc

Jonno - Not that old chestnut again, we've been there before and fixtures for the entire season in the SSML wouldn't work as there are too many cup games in 101 competitions to work and plan around.
true rhodes but i believe it would still be less work and organisation than the current debacle of midweek missions up and down the M1, weekend local derbies, 4 games in a week and the disruption to squad availability caused by fixture uncertainty and the inability to plan ahead!

So how are other Step 5 and 6 leagues able to manage it then?