Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

Originally Posted By: bosman08

1 1 St Margaretsbury v Brimsdown Rovers

An anorak was at this one but isn't overly complimentary:

SSM Prem-St Margaretsbury 1 Brimsdown Rovers 1
att 74
Adm

0 3 Aylesbury Vale v Tring Athletic

It seems unfair that Aylesbury Vale are having a big say on relegation due to their present plight, even Kentish Town beat them recently:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1029

Originally Posted By: Sprocket 1

The 8 page prog (ok cover, 3 pages ads, 1 page welcome, 2 pages teams, 1 page league table) could do with a bit of a re-think as it would have been nice to read about the teams' respective histories as the whole tome took 10 secs to read.
a very poor ref....again

This is the disappointing bit for me, St Margaretsbury used to do a decent programme from what I recall and I thought it was a league stipulation to include the visitors history, there may be a fine winging its way to Station Road if the SSML hierarchy read this.

Rules are rules, doesn't the Hornchurch programme editor have to do that then.

Urchin Mentalist - The SSML are like no other League in the Country and the hierarchy are very prim and proper and old school in their meticulous approach, it's very refreshing in this sad day and age when corners are being cut left right and centre.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

1 1 St Margaretsbury v Brimsdown Rovers

An anorak was at this one but isn't overly complimentary:

SSM Prem-St Margaretsbury 1 Brimsdown Rovers 1
att 74
Adm

Today's results, Harefield United must be shaking on their boots:

Premier Division

6 0 Biggleswade Town v Biggleswade United

Attendance 325

Division One

2 0 Hatfield Town v Sun Postal Sports

Attendance 108

Division Two

2 0 AFC Dunstable v Old Bradwell United

Attendance 41

1 1 Bletchley Town v Kent Athletic

Attendance 25

1 1 Hadley v Tring Corinthians

Attendance 38

0 0 Mursley United v Wodson Park

Attendance 26

4 0 Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Aston Clinton

Attendance 72

0 2 Risborough Rangers v Bucks Students Union

Attendance 33

1 1 The 61 FC (Luton) v Padbury United

Attendance 17

1 1 Totternhoe v Markyate

Attendance 18

Biggleswade Town 6-0 Biggleswade uTD

I paid my first ever visit to the Carlsberg Stadium this evening to view the game and you have probably heard it before but the ground is excellent and a credit to the club.

The game, after an initial sparring period of passing mistakes from both sides and long range shots settled down but was ultimately won in the last five minutes of the first half when Town got three goals (one a sizzling 30 yard strike from the number 6)

The second half was pretty much non eventfull in terms of activity but two late goals sealed the victory against a United team that looked short of ideas and confidence, understandable to see why they are where they are in the league on this showing.

United harshly had a player sent off with twenty minutes left when a committed tackle some ten yards away from me was made. Both players actually missed the ball but as the Town player wailed out in agony the ref some 40 yards away decided to issue the red despite the linno being six yards away and not actually even flagging for a foul. The Town player on the award of the red card quickly got up and ran around as though nothing had happened, predictable situation. Shame that players still do this but it happens !!

Highlight of the night for me seeing the stadium and the trio of Kentish Town members winning the half time raffle and a large chocolate easter egg !! Biggest celebration of the night !!

Originally Posted By: Hollie

That is shocking news....most unusual for the bury to have a player sent off!!...must have been a very poor ref....again smirk
The Ref was very poor, inasmuch as the Bury player was only shown a yellow card, but had already been booked, so was then shown red. All 3 were for the same incident, which was as the ball went out of play, with a Brimsdown player behind it, the Bury player ran into the back of him and headbutted him. He fell forwards and his neck caught the railings. He was completely out cold!!! Both sides officials immediately ran to the player, and there was a bit of a scuffle, but only one punch thrown, by the Bury Manager who was then made to stand the other side of the railings, by the Ref!!!. As I said the Bury player just got a (2nd) yellow. Two Brimsdown players got straight reds. Overheard in the clubhouse after, a Bury player saying "of course he was headbutted on purpose he had been giving us lip during the game!" Luckily the Brimsdown player recovered. Also very unsporting was when Brimsdown kicked the ball out of play, in the first half, so one of the Bury players could receive treatment, on the re-start a Bury player threw the ball to his own player and play continued!!

So...if Judge Dread threw the only punch, the bury player got just a yellow for his nutbutt, what on earth did the brimmo players do to merit their red cards??