Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

Originally Posted By: sjj2112
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Jonno

Fixture lists for the entire season issued at the start of the season would save him and clubs a lot of messing about should the weather play havoc

Jonno - Not that old chestnut again, we've been there before and fixtures for the entire season in the SSML wouldn't work as there are too many cup games in 101 competitions to work and plan around.

So how are other Step 5 and 6 leagues able to manage it then?

They use computer programs instead of their fingers!

West Herts St Mary's Cup Semi Final
4 2 Tring Athletic v Hemel Hempstead Town

Tring can't go wrong this season in cup competitions, presumably there are East Herts, North Herts and South Herts St Mary's Cup competitions too enforcing my point from earlier about season fixtures. Also what's the point of knowing in August who you are playing in April:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1034

at the risk of suggesting I read this somehwere..rhodes, regarding fixtures for the whole season v a month by month basis, you do appear to take a minority view (albeit one you share with one key other person namely the fixture secretary) on this matter. It's almost as if you are being deliberately provocative.

LATO - Correct me if I'm wrong but I have been a keen supporter of monthly fixtures from July 2006 when this Forum got off the ground and I haven't, and never will, change my view. It is far more manageable with so many Cup fixtures to negotiate like the Hampton Court Maze, certainly for the first half of the season. Take the West Herts St Mary's Cup by way of example, it's just Cup competitions for Cup competitions sake.

LATO - Correct me if I'm wrong but I have been a keen supporter of monthly fixtures from July 2006 when this Forum got off the ground and I haven't, and never will, change my view. It is far more manageable with so many Cup fixtures to negotiate like the Hampton Court Maze, certainly for the first half of the season. Take the West Herts St Mary's Cup by way of example, it's just Cup competitions for Cup competitions sake.

Yes you have had that view since 2006 but as I said you are in the minority. It doesn't mean you are right though although it is the system used at the moment despite not being popular.

You say there are cup competitions just for the sake of it and I agree but nothing is forcing clubs to take part in them all (with the exception of the League Cups). The Fixture Secretary should therefore be able to work out at the start of the season fixtures for the whole season making allowance for F.A competitions and since the league organise their own competitions then they can be accomodated into it. Obviously the complication comes with the county cups but the dates of those are know in advance as well (usually). These could also be taken into account (and the county F.A's could do a lot worse than speak to each other to try and organise a series of weeks in the season where all their competitions are played). Obviously it gets complicated because some counties have more than one competition and some clubs are affiliated to more than one F.A and so enter competitions in a number of regions. For example I seem to recall Hoddesdon entering the London Senior Cup and East Anglian Floodlit Trophy in the same season as well as all the Herts competitons. Well competition outside the parent FA of the club is in MY (there's that word again) opinion extra and the league should not make any allowance for a club entering it by arranging fixtures around it.

Of course organising fixtures ideally local derbies on Boxing Day/Easter Monday/New Years Day might also be an avenue to explore.

Incidentally last time I went to Hampton Court you could see through the hedges in the maze...infact in some places you could walk through it though I know it has been redeveloped since then.

Div 1

3 2 Amersham Town v Hatfield Town

2 1 Arlesey Athletic v Bedford Town Reserves

2 1 Brache Sparta v London Colney

0 1 Cranfield United v Harpenden Town

0 2 Crawley Green v Ampthill Town

1 4 Hoddesdon Town v Royston Town

3 1 Kings Langley v Buckingham Athletic

5 4 Sport London e Benfica v Winslow United

1 2 Sun Postal Sports v Bedford

1 0 Tokyngton Manor v New Bradwell St Peter

Prem Div

Prem

2 1 Aylesbury Vale v St Margaretsbury

1 1 Brimsdown Rovers v Holmer Green

0 2 Cockfosters v Biggleswade Town

0 1 Haringey Borough v Langford

0 0 Hertford Town v Broxbourne Borough

1 3 Leverstock Green v Oxhey Jets

3 1 Tring Athletic v Kentish Town

3 0 Welwyn Garden City v Colney Heath

Div 2

5 1 AFC Dunstable v Mursley United

3 1 Kent Athletic v Caddington

4 1 Padbury United v Old Bradwell United

3 1 Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Bucks Students Union

4 1 The 61 FC (Luton) v Markyate

2 0 Totternhoe v Risborough Rangers

3 0 Tring Corinthians v Aston Clinton

0 1 Wodson Park v Hadley

Originally Posted By: bosman08

0 1 Wodson Park v Hadley

An anorak from another's Forum was at this one:

WODSON PARK 0
Hadley 1
Spartan South Midlands League, Division Two
Att : 33
Wodson Park Sports & Leisure Centre, Wadesmill Road, Ware
Admission : Free. Programme :

1 3 Leverstock Green v Oxhey Jets

A report from both sides of the fence:
http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20090404

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

0 1 Haringey Borough v Langford

It would appear that Tom Loizou's honeymoon period is over already:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=67188&conf=&div=

Also what's the point of knowing in August who you are playing in April

A couple come to their local SSML club in mid-November and say "we're getting married on the first Saturday in April, can we hire your clubhouse for the reception?" and the club responds "sorry, we won't know for sure until 1 March when are April fixtures are given out". The couple then go a mile down the road to an Isthmian/Southern League club and say "we're getting married on the first Saturday in April, can we hire your clubhouse for the reception?" and the club responds "yes, our first team are away on that day so that should be no problem." End result? SSML club misses out on

It's not usual for a newly married couple to want to hold their wedding reception at a Football Club and I've only known a few to do so, it is looked upon as a little tacky. Anyway, as I've pointed out to Horace and Wader in the past, life is not all about pound signs in front of your eyes, there's far more to it than that. Ryman and Southern League Club's don't have as many Cup fixtures, particularly in County competitions, to negotiate as SSML Club's do so it's a lot easier for them to announce fixtures for an entire season.

It's not usual for a newly married couple to want to hold their wedding reception at a Football Club and I've only known a few to do so, it is looked upon as a little tacky. Anyway, as I've pointed out to Horace and Wader in the past, life is not all about pound signs in front of your eyes, there's far more to it than that. Ryman and Southern League Club's don't have as many Cup fixtures, particularly in County competitions, to negotiate as SSML Club's do so it's a lot easier for them to announce fixtures for an entire season.

That's a little bit harsh Rhodesy. If I was lucky enough to meet a future Mrs.Smiles, I couldn't think of anything more romantic than to have my reception in the Haringey Borough 'function room.'

Burgers 'n Special Brew, then an evening stroll up into the grandstand....wipe the pigeon sh*te off a couple of seats and watch the Sun setting over the back gardens of the Council estate. "I fckn love you Kayleigh I do....you're fckn lovely"

Yeah, that sounds good, have you got their number Rhodesy? crazy

Originally Posted By: Jonno

thats my rhodes, stil talkin bollox : )

Jonno - Okay, put it this way then, when you get married, assuming that you're not already, would you have your wedding reception at Lowfield.

not at all mate but their are plenty of clubs i can think of in the ssmfl whose facilities would make for a great reception venue. And its not just weddings rhodes. There are other functions that dont require such picturesque surroundings as required for a wedding, such as birthdays, christenings, charity events, club events that could be put on, if the fixtures were issued in good time.

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles

That's a little bit harsh Rhodesy. If I was lucky enough to meet a future Mrs.Smiles, I couldn't think of anything more romantic than to have my reception in the Haringey Borough 'function room.'

Burgers 'n Special Brew, then an evening stroll up into the grandstand....wipe the pigeon sh*te off a couple of seats and watch the Sun setting over the back gardens of the Council estate. "I fckn love you Kayleigh I do....you're fckn lovely"

Yeah, that sounds good, have you got their number Rhodesy? crazy
funniest post ive read on here in ages!!!!!! Love it!

3 1 Tring Athletic v Kentish Town

An interesting Kentish Town line up on Saturday with Willo the Cat on the bench coming on as an outfield player:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1026