Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Berkhamsted in trouble?

Barney Rubble - You're home early this morning. No I think that will be a non starter to be honest as I don't think the good people of Berkhamsted are that fussed whether they have a football team or not and can take it or leave it, I can certainly ask the other Committee members what they think but I believe everything has been signed sealed and delivered now and Southill Alexander it is.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Barney Rubble - You're home early this morning. No I think that will be a non starter to be honest as I don't think the good people of Berkhamsted are that fussed whether they have a football team or not and can take it or leave it, I can certainly ask the other Committee members what they think but I believe everything has been signed sealed and delivered now and Southill Alexander it is.

and the good people of Southill are?

Unfortunately, the current financial climate won't help B'hampstead, or any other club come to that.

There's 'paying' players, and denying to the outside world that 'paying' players occurs. This can be 'hidden' in the forms of bonuses.

These bonuses can be subsidised by the club-house/bar, so if that isn't well supported, you already have a major problem.

We all know that gates are well down, not just in NL, but also professional football, and though I hate to say it, it's going to get far worse before it gets any better !

The situation appears to be getting worse at Berkhamsted, I wonder how long they have left:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7808900.stm

Stood and unashameably listened to a couple of league officials chatting at Berko's abandoned match with Tring today.

Apparently "a Berko team" have been given the go-ahead by the owners of Broadwater to use the Broadwater stadium next season. But it looks like its the current club who will be re-forming in division two, to avoid the need for floodlights. Their is also a rumour that former chairman Danny Jennings formed a Ltd company that may absorb the clubs debts rather than pass them onto the private members.

Watch this space....

They may well be joined in Division two by Kings Langley who have been given until March 31st by the league to install their floodlights, or face relegation regardless of where they finish.

Apparently the league are running out of patience with the club fast, as they continue fail to get the situation sorted.

Originally Posted By: hemelite

Apparently the league are running out of patience with the club fast, as they continue fail to get the situation sorted.

Hemelite - Thanks for that helpful update, it doesn't look good does it however won't British Gas still be chasing the Club for the outstanding money if, as I expect, Danny Jennings decides not to absorb the debt and if they continue to play at Broadwater next season, surely the electric will remain cut off until the bill is paid so there won't be any electricity in the dressing rooms, clubhouse or the kitchen etc.
On a separate point I wonder whether the SSML are also running out of patience with Kentish Town concerning the pitch at the Copthall Stadium and should the Athletics Club decide not to extend the two season agreement the Club may well find themselves back in Division 2 if they are unable to secure another ground with floodlights.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

On a separate point I wonder whether the SSML are also running out of patience with Kentish Town concerning the pitch at the Copthall Stadium and should the Athletics Club decide not to extend the two season agreement the Club may well find themselves back in Division 2 if they are unable to secure another ground with floodlights.

You just can't help yourself can you numptie

It's a straight forward question, has the subject of next season been discussed as the two year agreement at the Copthall Stadium expires at the end of this season.

Well that's encouraging news but what was the reply, I think it will take more that just meat at Christmas to persuade the Management Committee to extend the agreement for another season as apparently the Stadium has been earmarked as one of the many venues for the 2012 Olympic Games and presumably they will want the Club out of their hair sooner rather than later to prepare.

Meat .... nobody from Copthall received meat at Christmas Rhodes. The Management Committee do not want KTFC "out of their hair"

As for the reply that will stay between the people who attended the meeting.

Back to the topic of this thread and things appear to be looking up a bit for Berkhamsted according to their Website:

http://www.berkhamstedtownfc.com/

I wish Berkhamsted all the best in their fight for survival, as its never good to see another non league club go under, we need them to survive and make our non league football stronger, but it does make others sit up and think about our futures and at the way non league football is run.

Our Club will have a long hard look at the best way forward for our club, especially with the present economical climate, but as long as clubs are sensible then i cant see why we all cant succeed and run on a proper and sensible budget.

Quote:

Whether they survive depends on Monday 12th January's EGM of members at the Town Hall

Fingers crossed for Berkhamsted Town at this evenings meeting, presumably we will know their fate by about 9.30pm

Berkhamsted Town are no more. The Club has folded after the EGM last night.