Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Berkhamsted in trouble?

Berko's reserve match at Markyate was cancelled on Saturday and the points awarded to Markyate. It still looks at the moment that tomorrows match at Kentish Town will go ahead though (weather permitting).

The latest is that there is another public meeting at the Berko Town hall on Monday night (29th) at 8.00pm

Still no news as to what happened last Sunday.

Kentish Town must be rubbing their hands at playing Berkhamsted now whilst they're in turmoil and are no doubt praying it doesn't rain today or tomorrow. I don't believe the meeting last Sunday took place as otherwise we would have heard some news by now, things should hopefully become clearer after Monday night.

BarneyRubble - Do you work nights as I notice you posted at 03.37, normally I would have replied straight away but my Father in Law is staying with us from Denmark and sleeping in the living room where the computer is.

Do you mean if Berkhamsted are forced out of business, I assume that their results will simply be expunged but the SSML hierarchy won't be best pleased as Club's pulling out of the League during the campaign is always their worst nightmare.

Barney Rubble - No I wasn't accusing you of that at all, besides I get the impression you are in your mid forties. If you had read other posts from Willo the Cat and Phoinex you will have realised that the game was played at the Copthall Stadium, by the sounds of it they only just managed to get it on despite there being no rain for about a week now so what chance will there be of playing once it starts raining regularly again.

So you admit that you are in your mid forties then, I'm rarely far off the mark. Yes you're right as Berkhamsted have their own facility unlike Kentish Town for example however the problem is that it's such a sought after location next to Berkhamsted station in an afluent area forty minutes from Central London, it wouldn't surprise me if British Gas have been bribed to take a hard line with the Club in order to squeeze them out of business.

Clubs are folding at an alarming rate and in the present economic climate I can't see the end of it. Maybe if every club had no wage bill we would all be on a level playing field and Divisions would be more competitive. In Div 1 there is one club with a significant budget, and they are top, surprise surprise.

Unless the finance is sustainable it is a fast track to disaster to try and buy out of a Division and maybe now clubs will have to think about more than the current season and plan long term?

You wouldn't possibly be suggesting that yet another football ground is being 'ear-marked' for development by the 'big-boys', would you, Rhodesey ?

Heaven forbid that such a thing should ever be considered !!

bolt

Kentish Town don't pay their players, or their Head Coach!

I see there is a report on Saturday's proceedings at the Copthall Stadium on Berkhamsted's Website, it sounded like an exciting encounter which could have gone either way:

http://www.berkhamstedtownfc.com/

Maybe when the Chalfont Manager told me they had no money and everyone did what they did for nothing he meant very little or he was lying. I know one thing after we played them not one single one of their players came in the bar afterwards, we were the only people in there, casual drinkers included, so they wont be paid out of the bar takings!