Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Berkhamsted in trouble?

Originally Posted By: Barney Rubble
Will Berkhamstead's record remain or all results withdrawn?

As far as I am aware and from Berkhamstead's web site it is expected that the club's record will be expunged from the league tables of the Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier division and the North division of the Suburban League. Really bad day for non-league football with another club going.

Played Won Drawn Lost For Against Difference Points

Harefield United 21 14 5 2 57 21 36 47

Langford 22 12 3 7 48 39 9 39

Kingsbury London Tigers 21 10 8 3 39 23 16 38

Colney Heath 21 10 6 5 41 33 8 36

Broxbourne Borough 22 11 3 8 41 39 2 36

Oxhey Jets 23 10 6 7 47 47 0 36

Biggleswade Town 20 11 2 7 47 28 19 35

Aylesbury Vale 18 10 3 5 32 25 7 33

Hanwell Town 20 9 6 5 46 27 19 33

Chalfont St Peter 19 9 5 5 54 33 21 32

Hertford Town 23 7 7 9 39 31 8 28

Leverstock Green 18 7 6 5 45 24 21 27

St Margaretsbury 21 8 3 10 30 40 -10 27

Tring Athletic 21 7 6 8 38 40 -2 27

Biggleswade United 19 6 3 10 22 37 -15 21

Welwyn Garden City 20 5 5 10 31 54 -23 20

Kentish Town 17 5 4 8 36 52 -16 19

Brimsdown Rovers 20 3 6 11 24 45 -21 15

Haringey Borough 18 3 5 10 24 43 -19 14

Cockfosters 20 3 4 13 34 63 -29 13

Holmer Green 20 2 4 14 20 51 -31 10

Indeed it is very sad, but even sadder still is the fact that is becoming more of a regular occurence.

I think that's why all talk of playing budgets amongst rival clubs is greatly over exaggerated. In this day & age just being able to play for a club at this level should be enough.

Let's hope more clubs think more of the the long term future rather than unstainable success.

Originally Posted By: digby

As far as I am aware and from Berkhamstead's web site it is expected that the club's record will be expunged from the league tables of the Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier division

So I take it that puts Kentish Town on just 16 points then as opposed to 19

The following statement was made on the Club's Website today, very sad!:

MEMBERS VOTE TO WIND UP THE CLUB

On Monday 12th January' at an EGM of members at the Town Hall it was resolved to wind up the club. Attempts to save the club have failed. It is expected that the club's record will be expunged from the league tables of the Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier division and the North division of the Suburban League.

Future football at The Broadwater stadium depends on who leases it next from Berkhamsted Sports Ground Charitable Association Limited. Ben Terry, a supporter of the old club is investigating setting up a new club that might operate as early as next season. He has a meeting lined up with the ground's owners. Those who wish to support that venture can contact him on 07779 352562.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: digby

As far as I am aware and from Berkhamstead's web site it is expected that the club's record will be expunged from the league tables of the Molten Spartan South Midlands Premier division

So I take it that puts Kentish Town on just 16 points then as opposed to 19

That should leave Kentish on 19. The table I have posted is a table with all Berkhamstead results taken out. Oxhey seem to have dropped a few places and Big Utd lost the most points 4

Originally Posted By: christianTroy
Why is that sad?

It is sad that Berkhampstead have folded very sad but Barney has just done what everyone is thinking - well me anyway.

Cheers Barney

I hope no one thinks the table I posted was insincere, I'm disappointed that a club of that stature has been forced to fold. I was just interested in how it would effect the table and thought I would share it.

There's a fitting tribute to Berkhamsted Town on-line where people can leave their own messages of condolence, it's all extremely sad:

http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/sport/Tributes-to-a-fallen-club.4876723.jp

• 4 weeks later...

There could be a new Club in Berkhamsted before too long, watch this space:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=55562

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Quote:

New crest for Berkhamsted FC
02 July 2009

Berkhamsted FC have unveiled the club's new crest
Incorporating the traditional colours of Berkhamsted the badge features two hands embracing, to represent the spirit of co-operation on which the club has been founded.

'The Comrades', as they have been nicknamed, have relied on the input of local people and businesses to get them off the ground, and the creation of the new badge was no different with a professional designer helping the club out for free.

I see that Berkhamsted FC have a new crest and have been nicknamed 'the Comrades', you have to hand it to them for getting back on their feet so quickly unlike Edgware Town for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how the new Berko got on against WGC yesterday?

I gather it was a 3-3 draw or 3-3 with minutes remaining before my source of information left, a great game apparently.