Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Northwood Latest......

Gazza

Hi all

What the heck happened last night. I know its only the second game of the season but what has been said does not make good reading. We are lying 16th according to TK's site and that win put them top. Come on Town shake the bloody cobwebs out of those brains. That is of course if they have any.

feedback chat

What annoys me is that there are better midfield players who have left. Disregard AJ who left as he could not control himself.

Try and tell me that SV or LS could not have done better out there.

There is one particular player who should be given his marching orders now. We had no effective cover in the back four.

I also have to say that I am not convinced by our goalkeeper. A good shot stopper however his habit of punching the ball away unless there is somewone picking up the loose ball in front of defence means that pressure is not relieved. Our back four yesterday had to face wave after wave of attacks and the forward line and midfield could not keep the ball to relieve pressure.

I thought Luke had a good game and Max still looks promising.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Absolute garbage......

The defence were poor with the midfield non existent.......

At least the drive home was relatively easy. Bit like Northwood's win!

C'mon Dad, dont sit on the fence, say what you mean!!!!!!!!!! evil

18 holes Saturday?

embarrassing. agree with steph abotu triallign a million players. no cohesion at the back. if PC, Disco and ganty don't start playign a) it will be a travesty, and B) they will leave. the back four were terribel we were being cut apart so easily. we had a good spell at the end of the first half, but never looked like scoring. second half was as bad as I can remember.

and they ran out of programmes by the time I got there.

also - there pre seasons included stevenage, barnet and AFc wimbledon. food for thought?

First things first and we know the Gaffa and his team will be having sickly feelings over this result and performance too, they want to win too, however they know now that the improvements need to be substantial and a worthy manager will be able to turn things round even at this early stage, it's where they need the fans to encourage and support any starting XI out there on Saturday

Originally Posted By: AbbeyMan
Originally Posted By: russ
barking 0-4 enfield

russ

hurrah!

Waltham Abbey 5-1 Witham Town... just thought you would like to know angel3

You forgot Cheshunt 2-0 Hillindon doh

Originally Posted By: Steph
What annoys me is that there are better midfield players who have left. Disregard AJ who left as he could not control himself.

Try and tell me that SV or LS could not have done better out there.

There is one particular player who should be given his marching orders now. We had no effective cover in the back four.

I also have to say that I am not convinced by our goalkeeper. A good shot stopper however his habit of punching the ball away unless there is somewone picking up the loose ball in front of defence means that pressure is not relieved. Our back four yesterday had to face wave after wave of attacks and the forward line and midfield could not keep the ball to relieve pressure.

I thought Luke had a good game and Max still looks promising.

Agree with the majority of this Steph.
Clearly we did not play as a "team" in any shape or form.
I question the inclusion of Luke and Max.
In my view they are very gifted players, but they are very light-weight and cannot compete with the players physical size that they are up against.
Both Maldon and Northwood had "large" tough tackling mid-fielders and defenders who won the majority of balls ( say 90% ) against our players.

I have been "banging on" for the last 3 years about the need for a "true centre forward" and "tall dominant centre back", but we fail to find anyone to fit the bill.

I find this extremely strange as almost all other teams in this league seem to be able to find these sought of players !!

There have been some moans about Ricci Crace, but the guy is not a centre forward. He will score goals playing off a big lad who can hold the ball up.

As for our new signings - early days, but there are already questions about a few, particularly Willis, Pudaloff, Ojelabi, Williams, Alderton and Hahn.

It can only get better !! - soon hopefully.

I stand by my comments last night and look forward to reading comments of how well we played on Saturday and next Monday followed by a terrific win in the FA Cup. Here's hoping that the management team can sort the wheat from the chaff and get players in who want to play for the club/shirt. I really couldn't work out what some of the players were supposed to be doing last night!

Too many players didn't seem to be interested in winning against a hard working Northwood side. Let's hope matters improve quickly.

Where is SV when we need him?

Did anyone notice how much shouting/encourgament there was coming from the Northwood bench, even when they were 2-0 up?