Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

EUFC Budget

clowntown

Why not? This club is different from other clubs, it is owned by MyFC members. I have often seen (and supported) calls on here for Fleet fans who are not in MyFC to get more information. Well, you can't get much more relevant information than this. If it had shown a huge financial surplus and lots of potential for new investment, would you feel the same? You NEED to see it here - Fleet fans need to know .... 'cos MyFC memberships are crucial to this.

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Originally Posted By: clowntown
Do you have any friends?

I'm a massive player on Facebook.

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Can't say I've seen eye to eye with Clowntown in the past, but these figures - as they have been made public (as much as MyFC is public, which in effect it is when you have 30,000 people able to get their hands on an Excel document) - are as he says of concern to all of us.

Now I've no idea what a "manageable debt" for a football club at our level is, but I think we have to be looking at 15,000 renewals minimum to keep treading water. Of course, a good season and higher gates, coupled with a cup run, would offset a bit - but you can't get those every season.

I didn't say we shouldn't talk about them, just that I don't think things like that should be in the public domain. If people want to read them then let them sign up to MyFC to do so.

Wrong Harry, this is EUFC we are taliking about, not MyFC............But if you want to keep your head stuck in the sand............Amen(So be it!)

So you're happy to have our dirty linen displayed in public?

I would argue it's better than dumping it the laundry basket hidden behind the door in the boardroom.

If MyFC is anything it should have the interests of the fans at heart - and the EUFC fans are entitled to know the financial hole their club is in (interestingly - exactly the same hole it was in last February - the crisis was/is/possibly posponed for a year as a result of the MyFC money and the FA Trophy final).

I agree (shock horror grin) with Dom here. It isn't dirty linen - it's just financial information. You have to be pragmatic about it. Here it is, look at it, digest it, work out what MyFC and the club is going to do. Dom is suggesting things have not changed, fundamentally - the MyFC monies, the Trophy monies have keep things at bay. But we are NOT going to get 30,000 renewals (5-10,000, I estimate) and we cannot count on winning the Trophy again this year. It's no good hiding this away, for whatever reason. I do have some sympathy with your view here Harry, I know you want the best for your club - but making things transparent is probably the best thing, right now.

So you're happy to have our dirty linen displayed in public?

I'm happy to have MyFC's dirty linen displayed in public.........
IE: they have not produced ANYTHING they promised, and have proken every promise they have made!
Congratulations Willie Brooks.............Deception is you!

Originally Posted By: Darter
I agree (shock horror grin) with Dom here. It isn't dirty linen - it's just financial information. You have to be pragmatic about it. Here it is, look at it, digest it, work out what MyFC and the club is going to do. Dom is suggesting things have not changed, fundamentally - the MyFC monies, the Trophy monies have keep things at bay. But we are NOT going to get 30,000 renewals (5-10,000, I estimate) and we cannot count on winning the Trophy again this year. It's no good hiding this away, for whatever reason. I do have some sympathy with your view here Harry, I know you want the best for your club - but making things transparent is probably the best thing, right now.

But of course they never were going to get 30,000 renewals next year,that was pretty obvious to anyone with any reign of sense. That has no bearing on what has happened on the MYFC site, the membership would have dropped whatever happened in exactly the same way it does with any new internet project! I dont see any difference in this being the case whoever owns the club, it was always likely to receive less money in the second season, i think with MYFC it will drop to somewhere around the 15,000 mark and then slowly grow back with the weekly renewals of 30 or so people but doubt if it will ever reach 30,000 again. This would still mean that we carry on with the same problems faced by most clubs at this level of football. So i dont see what difference going on about it is ever going to make and i think it is obvious to everyone what the financial situation is here as it has been disclosed so many times anyway.It appears we are in a very similar situation to most clubs in the BSL.

GP, you are very optimistic. If you could see the fall-off in forum traffic there, the nature of the posts, the disillusionment ... it is extremely worrying. Only a tiny proportion post regularly. All the non-posters, who never really engaged - will they renew? If I am honest, I will say 5,000 renewals. I was trying to be upbeat before ...

Darter.....many of those members never posted to begin with.....some of them hold the ideal of paying into a small club to help it progress....they didn't join to argue silly semantics on the forums all day...in fact i cant see more than a few thousand that have actually ever reguarly posted. but that does not mean that those who dont post will not renew. likewise those who used to post that have become disillusioned and leave may well attract and keep members that have become disillusioned with all the petty arguing on the site as most of those who took part in that will be amongst those leaving. This said it may also entice more new members to join when they can actually see useful posts related to football and the club on the forums.

Originally Posted By: Gravesend_Princess
The gates appear to have almost doubled

But that's only one gate, the first competitive fixture after Wembley. I admire your positivity GP, but the Gravesham public has never covered itself in glory where attendance has been concerned and if the team aren't top six over the next few months that "nearly doubled" will be more like "up by 100" if we're lucky.

Originally Posted By: Gravesend_Princess
Darter.....many of those members never posted to begin with.....some of them hold the ideal of paying into a small club to help it progress....they didn't join to argue silly semantics on the forums all day...in fact i cant see more than a few thousand that have actually ever reguarly posted. but that does not mean that those who dont post will not renew. likewise those who used to post that have become disillusioned and leave may well attract and keep members that have become disillusioned with all the petty arguing on the site as most of those who took part in that will be amongst those leaving. This said it may also entice more new members to join when they can actually see useful posts related to football and the club on the forums.

I think you are completely wrong here. Are you a member? Do you know those fora? This is about MyFC Society, I'm afraid - no-one is doubting the value of the football club. The "petty arguing" is actually usually directed at trying to make the Operator and his team account for something. Unfortunately, in your wish to be positive, you may have your head in the sand. There is actually lots on there about football - but there is lots on here about football, if you just want to talk football. People joined MyFc for not just that ... it was to be so much more. I know the story, from the beginning.

Bit conservative I would have said Stu, I would have thought regardless of league position, the influx of interest would probably put the average up 2-300. As it stands however, there is nothing to motivate those sitting on the fence to come along to the club. Somethings needs to change, and a win at Wembley only results in a short term boost. At the end of the day the reason we have a poor attendance hasn't gone away, and will shine through. Further ties and integration need to be made with the local community, successful efforts in that regard would easily boost attendances, but half gestures won't do the trick.

Originally Posted By: Darter
There is actually lots on there about football - but there is lots on here about football, if you just want to talk football. People joined MyFc for not just that

I have a feeling that people joined MyFC to "Pick The Team", and for that team to be Leeds...
When none of those became true, the members soon became disillusioned and started to pick arguments with themselves, and then with the web-site operator. This led a good few bans, which created further problems.
I am only guessing, but tell me I am wrong?