Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

EUFC Budget

clowntown

On the contrary Uncs, I think we all see what you mean. It is just a case that there is a line to how far a club can be taken. If PTT is introduced to EUFC, that line is crossed for me, and I'm sure it's the same for many others. MyFC and the existing fans can't both have it their way.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

here's the rub of it all...if 21000 punters don't pay up ebbs is fcked...I reckon about 10k at max which is even more fcked...all the bollox on here won't change that...

sorry but thats about it....I hope I am wrong...!

Are your numbers based on balancing debt? Is "Pick The Team" the only way the MyFC experiment can be saved?
Maybe an extended cup run (yes, I know - I know) might be a lure to keeping some of the undecided members...

Darter has the brains to start her own club not take on one losing 800k a year.

I truly don't get how you can be losing that much at your level, but also feel your directors lucked out when they found 30 thousand idiots willing to take over that debt.

Albeit only for a year.

frown

Originally Posted By: bsmith
On the contrary Uncs, I think we all see what you mean. It is just a case that there is a line to how far a club can be taken. If PTT is introduced to EUFC, that line is crossed for me, and I'm sure it's the same for many others. MyFC and the existing fans can't both have it their way.

the paymasters always have it their way bsmith....let us hope that your optimism is warranted...

Hey Unc i fully understand what your saying but a lot of the members who joined with that concept in mind have realised what a screw up it could be for the club and are actually now just becoming true supporters and may continue to pay into MYFC so that the club can progress, but without being bothered about all this voting lark. But we still have to remember that they currently have the choice....they are just choosing not to take it!

Originally Posted By: Gravesend_Princess
Ok Darter we will leave it at that....but as i understand you are shortly setting up your own club what a great chance for you to try out this theory and we will all watch and see the success or lack of it! All it takes is a bit of courage perhaps but it will be your team you are risking instead of ours!

just hope that a groundswell of support doesn't catch the golden goose GP...her forum is already taking more new members daily than myfc is...

oh and by the way...she and others like her didn't put your club at risk....you lot did....they actually saved it....

admitedly myfc should not have bought the fleet as it was the wrong club and they had no say in it and sadly neither did you guys but had they not bought it would you still be here....no you wouldn't....

nite darling....xx

Fine GP, that is a perfectly valid position and one which many would agree with - however, unfortunately EUFC were happy to take the MyFC filthy lucre - clearly, they should have said "no, we want to remain a traditionally-run club" ...

oh, and as a final edit - GP, Edgware FC will be a traditionally-run club, as I have said before on here. We have appointed a manager and he will pick his team. It is not a MyFC-lookalike venture.

but a lot of the members who joined with that concept in mind have realised what a screw up it could be for the club and are actually now just becoming true supporters

A lot is a bit of an exaggeration... there are over 30,000 of them - maybe 100 are now fans with 200-300 more attending the odd game...
There is no doubting they do loads for the club as fans now. But they are very much in the minority at MyFC

ok Uncs.....night night...think it's time for me to join the fairies down the bottom of your garden anyhow. Hope you haven't chopped down my favourite mushroom. devil xx

I will worry more about the members joining Darters club when i see it approaching 30,000 and soaring with success! If it is twice as many joining hers than it is ours each week at the moment it will still be many many weeks before it becomes any sort of threat and with all new sites the take up is always at it's highest at the beginning.

xxxx

Originally Posted By: Darter
Fine GP, that is a perfectly valid position and one which many would agree with - however, unfortunately EUFC were happy to take the MyFC filthy lucre - clearly, they should have said "no, we want to remain a traditionally-run club" ...

The club(board) indeed took the filthy lucre and slinked away...........The fans had two options, join or resist! Some joined, believing in the promised land, others resisted and were called heretics!
Don't put all fans into the money grabbering category.........That's not fair or true!

Originally Posted By: PatMan
but a lot of the members who joined with that concept in mind have realised what a screw up it could be for the club and are actually now just becoming true supporters

A lot is a bit of an exaggeration... there are over 30,000 of them - maybe 100 are now fans with 200-300 more attending the odd game...
There is no doubting they do loads for the club as fans now. But they are very much in the minority at MyFC

Yes and no. I'd say there are maybe 2,000 committed MyFC members (voters ect) of which half are legacy EUFC fans - or people who live in or grew up in the area and just needed a nudge to start supporting The Fleet - and the other thousand are largely (maybe 60-65%) political gritted teeth interweb firebrands, topped up with nodding-dog numpties. On top of this there is an ever decreasing number (once 15k, now maybe 2k) that will turn up on voting day to rubber-stamp as required. Then a few really freaky people that will fly across the world to see a team they've never heard of. Six months ago I'd say there were 200 people like that, now I'd say there were - at most - five (which sums up the despondency MyFC folk feel re MyFC).

It's a weird rum-old do.

6-8,000 will renew.

MyFC can't continue running EUFC in March, but will probably borrow to last 'til season end to prevent points deductions ect.

You need to find someone to take over. Keep the CEO - cause he's the only non-tosspot out of all of us - and try to tap up Eurostar for the rest of the money (as I've been saying for months). I come in peace, truly xx

I guess I'm wildly optimistic or plain stupid (I've been called both). Yes, we're going to have a smaller membership come February. No one knows exactly how small, however. I, for one, don't think it's worth all the angst worrying about what it will take to re-engage the lost members. I doubt it's possible and it would probably require us to implement a full PTT, which I'm not convinced would be the best thing for the club or the wishes of those members who do remain.

What has to happen to avoid an ugly outcome is a recruitment task force to get new members who aren't joining for Leeds, Man Utd., or PTT; and we need to keep doing whatever we can in terms of marketing and promotions to get attendances as high as possible.

The budget released is supposedly the "worst-case" scenario, based on last year's average attendance of 1100. Boosting that average considerably will obviously help through both ticket sales and bar sales. And a cup run, something we cannot count on, would be a bonus. Obviously, the idea whether to sell Akinde or not looks more compelling given our financial situation.

I don't see the budget news as a death knell. We have 6 months to do what we can to bridge the first-year renewal gap, and assuming we don't fall into the abyss, then we'll be on more solid ground about what we can and cannot do in the future.

Plan C is for me to win the lottery!

Attendances! simple really.... not!!

Whether bankrolled by Joe Bloggs, myFC, Eurostar!! we are and were always going to need bigger crowds... its simple really!! If we take 30,000 to Wembley and cant get more than 1500 every week then the town doesnt deserve a club - fact.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
but had they not bought it would you still be here....no you wouldn't....

Still be where? In the Conference or still in existence? The former perhaps not, what's your evidence for the latter?