Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Response to GM

Originally Posted By: Global Mod
Pete the Greek is an official. He refs and runs the line and comes on these forums and gives a good account of himself.

I have no idea why this is relevant to the argument. Are you saying that if people answer back it is okay for other people to harass them? That doesn't sound like a very clear "basic rule" to me, nor an attitude I would expect from any moderater, let alone a global one.

Pete the Greek is an official. He refs and runs the line and comes on these forums and gives a good account of himself. He's never complained.

So it only matters if the person it's aimed at complains? It doesn't matter that a "basic rule" has been breached? I find that hard to believe, as I find it hard to believe that all of the posts that have recently been deleted are as the result of complaints or all of the people that have been banned recently are as the result of complaints.

It could be seen as bullying and aggressive a certain Monthly Poll towards a user.

The background to the Quote of the Month thread has been very clear from the outset and I've never hidden that. Additionally, every month there are several forum users who describe it as their favourite thread or express how much enjoyment they get from reading it. However, recent experience has proved that you tend not to give a monkeys about whether the majority are enjoying a thread or not and just take it upon yourself to delete it without consultation.

fm , ive moaned about deleted threads, and posts.

some stuff had to go and some "not guiltys" went with it.

minority spoiling for majority. seeing as i am not going to volunteer to mod or help monitor ill live with it.

my view is if a member feels abused threatened or any of the phrases they should complain and only them, the rest of us can argue here, not run to teacher.

one things for sure the debate is now more intelligent.

You've taken it upon yourself to take umbrage at posts aimed at Pete the Greek. He's a good poster and answers when he feels the need. I'm not condescending enough to break his flow. If PTG is not happy he'll read this and tell me.

Bannings have already been explained.

Quote of the Month is popular probably for the opposite reason you find the need to continually scroll the forums and post it.

The majority of posters enjoyment on here often doesn't equate to what is right and non abusive - i.e there has been a run of the majority of posters running wild with abuse which will not be allowed to continue.

You and every other poster on here can decide if you want to enjoy these forums for the football and fun and humour with like minded footy fans without the need to abuse and perpetually insult or you will not continue...

Originally Posted By: Football Man

The background to the Quote of the Month thread has been very clear from the outset and I've never hidden that. Additionally, every month there are several forum users who describe it as their favourite thread or express how much enjoyment they get from reading it. However, recent experience has proved that you tend not to give a monkeys about whether the majority are enjoying a thread or not and just take it upon yourself to delete it without consultation.

thats total self serving bollox as in fact the whole QOM thingy is for a little non representative gang of you to bully rhodes.....I do not enjoy it at all....its past its sell by date and is boring...

the avartar that spidermanor sent to neutral fan is a breach of an individuals privacy and rights and yet you think its funny...sorry but its bullying....

horace accuses essex folk of deleting threads....he quite clearly means me but I am not a mod....perhaps he is upset because the help he asked me for in sponsorship has gone elsewhere after he slagged me off on a forum...!!!

personally I think you are all up your own arses and actually started to believe that this forum was your own private domain....

ask yourself this....

why did Ian appoint a global mod...?

good night...grin

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
thats total self serving bollox as in fact the whole QOM thingy is for a little non representative gang of you to bully rhodes.....I do not enjoy it at all....its past its sell by date and is boring...

50 votes received in the July poll. That's a minimum of 25 people. Possibly more if some people only had one vote instead of two. If you find it boring you would appear to be in a minority.

the avartar that spidermanor sent to neutral fan is a breach of an individuals privacy and rights and yet you think its funny...sorry but its bullying....

Nothing to do with me, UU, but it strikes me as a little OTT scaremongering on your part.

horace accuses essex folk of deleting threads....he quite clearly means me but I am not a mod....

clip Rods has "named and shamed" you as a mod on another thread. There is a theory going around that you are the Global Mod. Personally, I don't care who the Global Mod is. All I'm concerned with is that their holier than thou attitude is taking away (literally) free speech and ruining this forum.

personally I think you are all up your own arses and actually started to believe that this forum was your own private domain....

Not sure anyone believed that. But it will be interesting to see if anyone reports the first part of that sentence as being offensive and what action is taken. I haven't got a problem with it but you seem to think there are an awful lot of sensitive souls reading this forum!

ask yourself this....

Because neither Wader nor NF, for their own reasons, wanted to continue as moderators and Ian is too unwell to give this site the attention he would like to, particularly when he's receiving bundles of unnecessary PMs/e-mails from the likes of clip Rods.

good night...grin

Have a good 'un! grin

TheSpursFan - Football Man has never forgiven Uncle Urchin for a spat they had on here a couple of seasons ago following a match at Bridge Avenue between Hornchurch and Potters Bar Town. There was a theft from one of the dressing rooms and, if I recall, Football Man tried to ham handedly suggest that Unc knew something about it which obviously he didn't, Unc then put him in his place in no uncertain terms and publicly made him look 'this big'.

clip Rods has "named and shamed" you as a mod on another thread. There is a theory going around that you are the Global Mod. Personally, I don't care who the Global Mod is. All I'm concerned with is that their holier than thou attitude is taking away (literally) free speech and ruining this forum.

well you all deal mostly in gossip and inuendo so that doesn't surprise me....rhodsey has named and shamed no one as he doesn't have a clue who the GM's are and I am not one of them...grin

ask yourself this....

Because neither Wader nor NF, for their own reasons, wanted to continue as moderators and Ian is too unwell to give this site the attention he would like to,

Ian is fine thank you and letting his global mods sort out forums that have been hijacked by self servers and poorly moderated by their supporters....you are a gang of 8 at most who have kept potentially 100's off of these forums with your blatant bullying.....thats not free speech kevin...its poor banter and abuse....

once you are all on gavins forum these forums will flourish I am certain...

I am personally very offended by this statement...aside the fact that i have been on the lash all night (celebrating Hertfords first win of the season) and am feeling relaxed and supple...i still think that i would struggle to get up my own [****!!****].

As for believing that this forum is our own...i am a real supporter of a SSML member team which you are not so what gives you the right to dictate what is what on here?

PS unlucky yesterday.

Originally Posted By: Sprocket 1

I am personally very offended by this statement...aside the fact that i have been on the lash all night (celebrating Hertfords first win of the season) and am feeling relaxed and supple...i still think that i would struggle to get up my own [****!!****].
As for believing that this forum is our own...i am a real supporter of a SSML member team which you are not so what gives you the right to dictate what is what on here?
PS unlucky yesterday.

I didn't realise I was dictating anything...I thought you guys were....and these forums are open to all...thats the whole point and posts like yours will not help further the traffic....

glad you had a win today and that may kick start your season for you....as for us...yes we lost....we are used to it as we understand football....all teams do lose sometimes...we just take it in our stride knowing full well that we shall be in the mix come next spring..grin

This is getting extremely petty now & in danger of becoming a 'saddo zone'. Banter & opinions is what forums are all about. FM sure Q of the M is popular, but that's because Rhodesy (or Clip Rods as you unfunnily call him) makes it. He plays the game & most of his posts are very much tongue in cheek. Sometimes he does bark up the wrong tree & gets it wildly wrong but this site would be very boring without posters like him. At the end of the day, the guy loves his football & is in no way a bully or coward.

well you all deal mostly in gossip and inuendo so that doesn't surprise me....rhodsey has named and shamed no one as he doesn't have a clue who the GM's are and I am not one of them...grin

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - Surely that's a little childish and you are cutting off your nose to spite your face, you obviously look at the board regularly and would presumably like to post to try and explain away Hertford Town's horrific start to the campaign. Unc has been given deleting powers by Ian who hasn't got eyes in the back of his head, if someone was abusing you on here and making certain untrue allegations then surely you wouldn't be best pleased.

I would call this being a moderator, wouldn't you? grin

Ian is fine thank you

That's good to hear.

I wouldn't contribute to a forum run by nut-nut but I do have an occasional look at it for amusement and notice that you (or someone pretending to be you) has already been banned.

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
(or Clip Rods as you unfunnily call him)

syd_lexic, there is a lot of history on this forum of which you will be unfamiliar. The name clip Rods was introduced to this forum by the man himself when, without any prompting from anybody, he posted a link to an Israeli web site article about Toto Tammuz which stated that his father, Clement Temile, had abandoned him as a youngster. During that article, "clip Rods" came out as the Hebrew translation of his name and, despite some deviations, has generally stuck.

Horace - Surely that's a little childish and you are cutting off your nose to spite your face, you obviously look at the board regularly and would presumably like to post to try and explain away Hertford Town's horrific start to the campaign. Unc has been given deleting powers by Ian who hasn't got eyes in the back of his head, if someone was abusing you on here and making certain untrue allegations then surely you wouldn't be best pleased.

I would call this being a moderator, wouldn't you? grin

Ian is fine thank you

That's good to hear.

I wouldn't contribute to a forum run by nut-nut but I do have an occasional look at it for amusement and notice that you (or someone pretending to be you) has already been banned.

kevin I could say you are the king of england and would that be true...?

I have never been on gavins forum and have no intention of doing so...I am much imitated but never copied....

you are sparse with the truth about clip rods...you yourself posted that first and you should apologise to SL for misleading him...grin

It seems kitchen utensils are selling well in Essex these days?

It's true Lato, only yesterday I bought a fab egg wisk that I used for my scrambled eggs this morning !

TheSpursFan - Football Man has never forgiven Uncle Urchin for a spat they had on here a couple of seasons ago following a match at Bridge Avenue between Hornchurch and Potters Bar Town. There was a theft from one of the dressing rooms and, if I recall, Football Man tried to ham handedly suggest that Unc knew something about it which obviously he didn't, Unc then put him in his place in no uncertain terms and publicly made him look 'this big'.

Ineresting that Football Man has commented on everything else but this post, he never touches on anything when caught with his trousers down such as confirming he was at Fratton Park last Monday and how he managed to obtain a ticket to the Rangers v Zenit UEFA Cup Final when over 100,000 Rangers fans were left without.

Okay, clip Rods, this is one of those very exceptional occasions when I shall respond to you directly.

Ineresting that Football Man has commented on everything else but this post

I hadn't commented on that post because, as you well know, I am completely ignoring your useless ramblings as a general rule.

he never touches on anything when caught with his trousers down such as confirming he was at Fratton Park last Monday

Last Monday evening I watched Highworth Town v Shrivenham in the Hellenic League Premier Division (5-0 to Highworth) so who's been caught with their trousers down now? How much [****!!****] do you have to spout before you learn to shut up?

how he managed to obtain a ticket to the Rangers v Zenit UEFA Cup Final when over 100,000 Rangers fans were left without.

I actually obtained two tickets and how I got them is none of your business.

I am now resuming ignoring your constant twittering of rubbish. However, before I go, you may be interested to learn that I have decided not to continue with the Quote of the Month poll on this forum. That is not to say that the poll will not continue and those that want to continue to laugh AT you already know how to do so.

PS - If you'd come up to me at the Hadley game and said "here's the