Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lets have an August review.

I'm relatively new to the forum but have been watching and been part of the Town set up for 3-4 years now. So I propose a monthly view of what people think rather a heated reaction after a poor performance and another defeat.

As a supporters trust we are fortunate to have a board of directors who are supporters too and not business men looking to make a gain, so I object to us giving them a hard time, as they can see, hear and feel the same grievance as we do. Yes I know they get into the games free and we pay the

As far as I am concerned, all supporters pay their admission fee to get into home games. I need to remind all that there are quite a few 'other' club volunteers who pay their admission fees so no one is treated any differently to anyone else.

In terms of the team's performance, I have only seen the Northwood league game and have already given my views elsewhere. Having read the forum from afar, it certainly appears that certain players are not coming up to scratch and don't appear to be delivering. The management team must have thought that the players were worth having and if they now feel that performances are not good enough, then they will need to do something about it. If it means off loading players recently recruited, then so be it.

All right, I hear some of you say, give the players/management some time. The problem is, how long do supporters put up with standards of play which are below those we have been accustomed to in the past few seasons? Maybe we are just not as big a club at the moment as some people think we are.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

All right, I hear some of you say, give the players/management some time. The problem is, how long do supporters put up with standards of play which are below those we have been accustomed to in the past few seasons? Maybe we are just not as big a club at the moment as some people think we are.

Andy, I agree and made this point on an earlier thread.
The Club is 7 years old and some supporters expect os to be in the Conference.
Having said that - performances and Team Spirit has been the worst for 7 years !

I agree totally with you andy and you too OT. And yes this is our lowest level of performances and team spirit to date.

Looking on the website it looks as if we are not being ignorant to the problems before us and are signing up 3 more players, albeit 2 played on Saturday but despite another woeful display Blewitt and Remy were competent performers.

One thing that does concern me with the managers is the axing of our senior players i.e Bastian and Crace. In my view we should be building a team that includes Wallis, Campbell, Crace, Hall, Bastian and maybe Tinckner too. We've got to have leaders on the pitch that also have ETFC at heart and not the pocket.

It's gonna take a lot of work to turn this around but we'll stand a better chance with the fans and team being united.

The truth is ETFC are a sleeping non-league giant, with the correct patnership (Enfield Council), our own stadium as near to the centrally based former home and the return of all the support plus new support and I think you'd find ETFC dwarfs anyother locally based non-league club by some way.

Don't forget we are only in our 7th year as a supporters trust, how old is WAbbey and what was your most recent home gate?

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
The truth is ETFC are a sleeping non-league giant, with the correct patnership (Enfield Council), our own stadium as near to the centrally based former home and the return of all the support plus new support and I think you'd find ETFC dwarfs anyother locally based non-league club by some way.

Don't forget we are only in our 7th year as a supporters trust, how old is WAbbey and what was your most recent home gate?

Too bad your still sleeping. But then again, with the majority of your fans butchering the team's performance right now. That'll keep it that way.

You all dream back to the good old days of Enfield, when they were a really good team, playing the in big rounds of the FA Cup. Well, that isn't the case right now, and you shouldn't think your a bigger club and the rest of the local teams around here are not. Maybe if you suck it up, take your lumps you'll get through this poor run of form and who knows where you'll end up at the end of the season.

Originally Posted By: britman
....You all dream back to the good old days of Enfield, when they were a really good team, playing the in big rounds of the FA Cup.....

No, most of us just want back the standard of football from two seasons ago in the Southern League.

Too bad your still sleeping. But then again, with the majority of your fans butchering the team's performance right now. That'll keep it that way.

You all dream back to the good old days of Enfield, when they were a really good team, playing the in big rounds of the FA Cup. Well, that isn't the case right now, and you shouldn't think your a bigger club and the rest of the local teams around here are not. Maybe if you suck it up, take your lumps you'll get through this poor run of form and who knows where you'll end up at the end of the season.

God, you are ignorant.

Our folks are just expressing an opinion on our Forum, but the general view is (and was so on Saturday) that we'll back the team through this iffy period and we know we won't go down.

As for size of club, I think you'll find us with the biggest home attendences this season despite our poor form and will give your club it's biggest gate this season too.

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
But still much bigger than Wabbey

Maybe 20 years ago, but not now. Sorry, but that's the truth.

20 years ago WE were not a football club....Sorry but that's the truth!!!!

I'm relatively new to the forum but have been watching and been part of the Town set up for 3-4 years now. So I propose a monthly view of what people think rather a heated reaction after a poor performance and another defeat.

As a supporters trust we are fortunate to have a board of directors who are supporters too and not business men looking to make a gain, so I object to us giving them a hard time, as they can see, hear and feel the same grievance as we do. Yes I know they get into the games free and we pay the

In which case we should applaud the boards commitment both in their voluntary work and financial input.

So I go back to my original(ish) comment that all fans/members/supporters/dog/cat and goldfish should in no way be moaning/groaning or giving the board a hard time as they are also fans and supporters who we have given the responsibility to run our club and they will be feeling all the same disappointments as the rest of us.

Let them get on with it as results and time will naturally solve the current obstacles that we face.

The problem is that time MAY not solve the problems. If you stand for election to any body, even as a volunteer, then you have to be accountable. If any fan feels that the Board is not doing a good job then they do have the right to criticize and to stand against them in the future. My only concern over this latter issue is that the Board has shrunk in size aa a result of their own decisions and this could mean it more difficult for a new member to be elected.

My view is that time will solve the initial problem of a relegation dog fight, cos if things do not improve then the fans will not tolerate it, some have had enough already, it's when the moderate fans have had enough that the management will change, but lets hope they can turn things round in September.

I dont see any problem in standing to be a board member, you firstly have to be an active person or someone with attributes that would benefit the club. I think that a smaller board that has quality is better than a larger one with quantity. I don't see that as an issue, other than as you stated there are less opportunities