Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lets have an August review.

Originally Posted By: Stone Cold
Originally Posted By: britman
Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
But still much bigger than Wabbey

Maybe 20 years ago, but not now. Sorry, but that's the truth.

20 years ago WE were not a football club....Sorry but that's the truth!!!!

Yes, I know that. But tell me that none of you supported the original Enfield back in the day, before the [****!!****] hit the fan.

Originally Posted By: britman
How is the stadium condition? Is there any money going to be pumped into it from Enfield Council?

ARE YOU AVIN' A GIRAFFFF ??????
Enfield Council put money into a Sports Facility !!

Funniest item on the Forum for ages.

Well done, you have brightened up my day.
Ha Ha Ha.

I'm very sceptical that Town will aquire the stadium for sole use .The other parties have a united front for a multi sports venue .while Town appear to have gone for it alone . I'd rather stay at brimmo than play in the middle of a frigging running track anyway .

Disagree with OoT.

If I were the council I would realise the huge error of judgement it has made by taking away the boroughs football representatives, in which Enfield was regularly a household name from winning Conference titles,FA Trophies and magical FA Cup runs.

Secondly, I would have the ground with the running track if we had too, to be honest it would save the players from hearing some of the sh1te thats shouted out by the fans when the chips are down, although I'd prefer there not to be a running track ofcourse.

Our crowds today are averaging 250 even when we are losing and are second from bottom. A centrally based stadium off the A10 near the old home of now the deceased EFC with facilities to raise revenue and income and you'll firstly see the club prosper and crowds treble+. Comparisons are available from the likes of Tooting, Dartford just to mention 2.

So despite the current minor turmoils on the pitch the future can be almightily positive however we are in the hands of the local Enfield Council, I hope they see, feel and hear the cries of the Enfield public that with a population of 300k+ we need our own community Football Stadium.

Oh I nearly forgot, to answer Britmans concerns, yes I was an EFC supporter from 1977-99 when in my opinion it died, but gratefully ETFC was formed.

Secondly, I almost recognise everyone from the EFC days (albeit a bit greyer) that now attend ETFC and ofcourse there are new supporters too, why should'nt there be.

Despite what anyone says, we are a potential conference size club however only with our own stadium.

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
I'm relatively new to the forum but have been watching and been part of the Town set up for 3-4 years now. So I propose a monthly view of what people think rather a heated reaction after a poor performance and another defeat.

As a supporters trust we are fortunate to have a board of directors who are supporters too and not business men looking to make a gain, so I object to us giving them a hard time, as they can see, hear and feel the same grievance as we do. Yes I know they get into the games free and we pay the

Disagree with OoT.

If I were the council I would realise the huge error of judgement it has made by taking away the boroughs football representatives, in which Enfield was regularly a household name from winning Conference titles,FA Trophies and magical FA Cup runs.

Secondly, I would have the ground with the running track if we had too, to be honest it would save the players from hearing some of the sh1te thats shouted out by the fans when the chips are down, although I'd prefer there not to be a running track ofcourse.

Our crowds today are averaging 250 even when we are losing and are second from bottom. A centrally based stadium off the A10 near the old home of now the deceased EFC with facilities to raise revenue and income and you'll firstly see the club prosper and crowds treble+. Comparisons are available from the likes of Tooting, Dartford just to mention 2.

So despite the current minor turmoils on the pitch the future can be almightily positive however we are in the hands of the local Enfield Council, I hope they see, feel and hear the cries of the Enfield public that with a population of 300k+ we need our own community Football Stadium.

EU - This Council(current administration) did not make an error of judgement. As in politics, it's always the previous incumbent's fault.

How about a share holders vote?

Would they want the QE2 stadium with a track if it was offered or would they rather stay at Brimmo?

That would certainly get the tongues wagging. No pun intended for Wagga Mick!

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Disagree with OoT.

EU - This Council(current administration) did not make an error of judgement. As in politics, it's always the previous incumbent's fault.

Would they want the QE2 stadium with a track if it was offered or would they rather stay at Brimmo?

That would certainly get the tongues wagging. No pun intended for Wagga Mick!

Cant accept that from a council, just like inheriting your fathers estate you also take on his debts, if there are any, the local authority has a debt to us football loving Enfieldians.

I would choose the QED ahead of Brimmo, if it came to it track or no track.

If the options were the Queen Elizabeth Stadium with running track or stay at Goldsdown Road I would vote to remain where we are without hesitation! Anyone who

Originally Posted By: Duke of York

If the options were the Queen Elizabeth Stadium with running track or stay at Goldsdown Road I would vote to remain where we are without hesitation! Anyone who

How would you phase out a running track? Unless you rebuild the stands nearer the pitch, they'll always be the same distance from the edge. Or would the current setup at QE mean it's a pretty small pitch which could widened to cover the running track and still be within regulations?

Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
i think I disagree. I hate runnging tracks at football as well, but in tiem that coudl be phased out. we don;t wnat to pass up the opportunity and stay at Brimmo in my view.

How the hell do you do that ?

Like Sutton I suppose where you just have a big "gap" ( sorry ex-running track )between the pitch and supporters.

Get real.

Sorry guys, I understand and respect your views totally, but I would take the QE Stadium, and I think the council would either have to make it a footy stadium ONLY and to try to accomodate the lot and only achieve in annoying everyone.

We are owed a footy stadium!!!!!!!!!

Secondly it is in our best interest to be based centrally so access to the stadium is equally possible from the north to the south and east to the west of Enfield.

I live in the Southgate area and it takes me 30-40 mins sometimes to drive across Enfield and the Hertford Road, Lincoln Road are solid. It prevents me from making some games at home as I work on Saturdays and would miss the first 10-15mins if i'm lucky