Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lets have an August review.

The running track would take away about "4" of the five a side pitches by my estimation I'm sorry E U Its got to go . That would cut down income Thats not acceptable . The five a side could be put into brimmo(Its not as if we dont have the room is it ) and dont forget the hard work the sunday morning work parties have put in over the last 7 years . All would be wasted if we had to play in a souless athletics stadium that we only have a part share of the lease in, It would be like going to Ilford every other game Plus two visits to bloody Ilford as well during the season ,AAARRGGGHHHHH Oh the thought of it makes me gagg!!

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Secondly it is in our best interest to be based centrally so access to the stadium is equally possible from the north to the south and east to the west of Enfield.

I live in the Southgate area and it takes me 30-40 mins sometimes to drive across Enfield and the Hertford Road, Lincoln Road are solid. It prevents me from making some games at home as I work on Saturdays and would miss the first 10-15mins if i'm lucky

On current form, you would be lucky to miss the first 90!

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
The running track would take away about "4" of the five a side pitches by my estimation I'm sorry E U Its got to go . That would cut down income Thats not acceptable . The five a side could be put into brimmo(Its not as if we dont have the room is it ) and dont forget the hard work the sunday morning work parties have put in over the last 7 years . All would be wasted if we had to play in a souless athletics stadium that we only have a part share of the lease in, It would be like going to Ilford every other game Plus two visits to bloody Ilford as well during the season ,AAARRGGGHHHHH Oh the thought of it makes me gagg!!

I think you have mis-understood me in type.

I would prefer a stadium without a track, I think thats a neccessity too, however i'm not keen on the brimmo location personally.

Anyway, i've said (for what its worth) that the council owe US a stadium and it should be as close to the old EFC venue as possible as football only entity.

Originally Posted By: abbeynut
Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
But still much bigger than Wabbey
Cant believe how I missed all this......how much bigger exactly..........and the gauge is.....

Err..... how about that your a sh1te club, with a sh1te ground, in a sh1te location, playing in a sh1te strip with a level 6 mentality, and on that basis massively bigger!!

Christ almighty Abbeynut And I thought you was the only bad guy on the forum . evil2

These posters and the local residents association. (AKA Friends of Enfield Playing Fields). Should realise that the athletics facility is not an option unless the council are going to substantially subsidise the facility.

The only realistic financial option is a football pitch either sole use by ETFC or EFC or shared use.

The stadium fell into disuse and disrepair precisely because there was not enough financial backing for an athletics facility. Where do the dreamers think the money will come from for an athletics track?

It is my understanding that the ETFC proposals are the only proposals which are reasonably financially viable and as such the council's decision is a virtual no-brainer.

Originally Posted By: Steph
These posters and the local residents association. (AKA Friends of Enfield Playing Fields). Should realise that the athletics facility is not an option unless the council are going to substantially subsidise the facility.

The only realistic financial option is a football pitch either sole use by ETFC or EFC or shared use.

The stadium fell into disuse and disrepair precisely because there was not enough financial backing for an athletics facility. Where do the dreamers think the money will come from for an athletics track?

It is my understanding that the ETFC proposals are the only proposals which are reasonably financially viable and as such the council's decision is a virtual no-brainer.

So a housing estate it is then.

Originally Posted By: Steph

The money for the track repair is there also to put other new facilities in the ground if the QE Stadium Partnership gets offered the ground