Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TILBURY v ETFC

waggamick

While there is a certain symmetry in Tilbury's current 3-1-0 and Town's 0-1-3, I know we would prefer it the other way round.

Two of Tilbury's three wins have been against the currently 15th placed Chatham Town (1-0-3) and the 22nd placed Witham Town (0-0-4).

I know that this doesn't augur well for the 21st placed Town (0-1-3) but it does make Tilbury's form look better a bit better than it may realy be.

At the same time a 2-0 win at Home over 6th placed Ware (3-0-1) is of concern.

ETFC have Drawn against 13th placed Maldon Town (1-1-2) and have lost to 11th placed Northwood(2-1-1), 10th placed Concord Rangers (2-1-1) and 2nd placed Leyton (3-1-0)

So Tilbury have been playing opposition with a record of 4-0-8(after taking out their 3 wins and a draw) while Town have played against opposition with a combined record of 5-3-4(after taking out their 3 losses and a draw).

What's this mean?

Not much unless you are desparately looking for some reason to suggest that Town will perform much better this Saturday than their past 4 League efforts.

Ever the optimist I'm going to take solace from my statistical mathsturbation and go out on a limb to predict a 1-1 DRAW.

Wagga, we were beaten by a 0-1-3 in the FA Cup on Saturday and they were poor, the thing is we were dreadful in the second half and although i'd back the boys and managers I can not see us turning this around in the near future. The 2 new players were good on Saturday but we left out Crace and Bastian who would have complimented them, so here I go again, I'm forecasting a 1-3 loss, forgive me all, I really do want the Town to notch up a win, but it will need a total about turn in fortunes.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
....... I can not see us turning this around in the near future. The 2 new players were good on Saturday but we left out Crace and Bastian who would have complimented them,.....

Forgive me for stating the obvious ( to me anyway )

WHY do we not play Rikki Crace OFF of a centre forward, ( alongside ) so he can pick up balls laid off to him ?

It ain't rocket science.......is it ?

Stuart has his own players to work with and no doubt more coming in , Maybe he just dosent think Jims players are workable in his plans . What bugs me more is that there are better players performing at much lesser clubs than ours .

I dont think Stewart has 'his' players to still come in, or they would have been instilled from the start. I hope i'm wrong as something needs to be done.

I'm also a coach and believe it or not can understand what the current management are about and their line of thought, unfortunately, it's not working and players are underperforming.

I think it is fair to give them a chance to tidy up their mess, but the cut off for improvement (results wise) has to be 30th of Sept, so that a new manager can be appointed and still have time to target 5th place.

I think that 30th is too late.

We are out of the FA cup and if current league form continues by 30th I consider we will only have 2 points and be out of the running as we would have played nearly 20% of our games.

We have to pick up at least a win and draw in our next 3 games or Mr Margolis has to consider resignation.

If we achieve a win and a draw in our next three games then at least two points in the next two Hillingdon and Wingate should keep him in work until the Trophy game in October.

I predict defeat at Tilbury by at least 3 goals and go 4-1 to Tilbury.

BTW who played in goal Saturday.

We haven't had a settled team. Every team we have put out has been different. I was at the game on Saturday and I thought our new centre half Blewitt was good. Remy up top scored a good goal. But he didn't win one flick on for Hahn to run on too. My team would be and to keep this team win or lose to get the team settled!!

Willis

Harvey

Wattley

Blewitt

Bastian

Alderton

Hall

Deane

Hahn

Remy

Crace

Originally Posted By: Enfieldtillidie
We haven't had a settled team. Every team we have put out has been different. I was at the game on Saturday and I thought our new centre half Blewitt was good. Remy up top scored a good goal. But he didn't win one flick on for Hahn to run on too. My team would be and to keep this team win or lose to get the team settled!!

Willis

Harvey
Wattley
Blewitt
Bastian

Alderton
Hall
Deane

Hahn

Remy
Crace

I agree that a settled team is a priority, however, in my view, Harvey,Alderton,Deane and Hahn are falling way short of the standards of a park team let alone a Ryman team. As for Remy, he showed he can score from a good serviced ball and is a big lad. But give him 4-5 games on the spin and let him show what he can do, but he needs a team behind him too.

I was excited that Hahn signed for us, but in the 3 games I have seen him he has been knocked off the ball all too easily and continuosly whines to refs after every challenge on him in 'Hammett' fashion.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
willis on saturday. teflon hands

Disagree, Willis was fine on Saturday, came out and took many a cross very well, the oppo caughten on that they'd get no joy from cross's and decided to attack down the channels.

Criticise by fact and not by lack of footy knowledge

so which of our other keepers was dropping the ball on saturday then? or stood stock still for the first goal and got lobbed for the third? criticse by fact not by lack of footy knowledge.

Are you referring to the glanced header that just crepted inside the far post for their first and Tinckners 'Bambi on Ice' impersonation for the third, get real.

I was very impressed with Wallis as he managed his box as a keepers priority should be and he would give me confidence if I was a half decent defender, unfortunately our defence has been poor to date this so far this season FACT

I too have only seen one game (Maldon) and the defence on that day was awful, screaming out for Gant & Harvey in the middle, Bastian on the left with Disco on the right, but then we are all good managers on here arnt we!

Cant comment on Willis havnt seen enough of him.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
I too have only seen one game (Maldon) and the defence on that day was awful, screaming out for Gant & Harvey in the middle, Bastian on the left with Disco on the right, but then we are all good managers on here arnt we!

Cant comment on Willis havnt seen enough of him.

First time I saw Willis was at Hillingdon last Saturday and from what I saw he's the best technical keeper ive seen at the Town, He stands up to one on ones, takes cross's comfortably, shouts out instructions etc I'd be happy with as keeper at this level no problem.

I agree with your other opinions except that Harvey has been woeful and Blewitt looked good on Saturday.

you love Willis don't you. i am saying he had a poor game on saturday. you disagree. "Criticise by fact and not by lack of footy knowledge" is one of the most patronising things I have ever heard. as youa re new to the forum what credentials do you ahve to back up your expertise?

Sorry, I don't mean to rub you up the wrong way.

I compare Willis to the previous Goalies we have had and I regard him the best we've had from what I've seen to date.

The biggest problem we have is certainly not the keeper, but the 4 in front of him. On Saturday the head of the person glancing the ball in for the first goal should have been over the barrier wall and into the fields as well as the ball, but the fella got a header in at waistish height, unbelieveable.

The second, resembled a 'FunFair' game, pay another pound and have another shot as the forward scored on his 3rd or 4th rebound off Blewitt as Tinckner and Harvey watched like statues.

The third my friend can certainly not be blamed on the keeper as Tinckner slipped face first 20-30 yards from goal allowing their dreadlocked 6ft+ striker to lob the oncoming willis, what else was willis to do? Stay on his line?

We are discussing only one game, but Willis needs a defence first that can defend, my analysis is that he had no fault for any of the goals conceded in this game therefore did all he could.

As for credentials I am proud owner of the old Uefa B certificate in coaching and am attending the more upto date course in October to freshen up my qualification, but don't misunderstand me, it does not make me an expert, but it does influence me on my judgement, plus i've played a bit in the past but nothing contractual.

How about u?