Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TILBURY v ETFC

waggamick

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Steph
I think that 30th is too late.

We are out of the FA cup and if current league form continues by 30th I consider we will only have 2 points and be out of the running as we would have played nearly 20% of our games.

We have to pick up at least a win and draw in our next 3 games or Mr Margolis has to consider resignation.

If we achieve a win and a draw in our next three games then at least two points in the next two Hillingdon and Wingate should keep him in work until the Trophy game in October.

I thought I would bring this thread back to the top as, in my view, Mr Margolis needs at least a point on Saturday to retain his job. Defeat on Saturday and he should resign and leave it to Mike Smee.

I'd settle for 3pts this week (obviously) and then focus on the must win Hillingdon game, we really do have a 6pt opportunity here, but please let the management pick from form and strength. We must not be lapse or lack ruthlessness in our team selections especially with the 'winnable' games coming up, get these two fixtures right and the momentum can do the rest.

Every game is a "must win" game if we want to make an impression on the leaders.

Hillingdon Borough is just another game and I do not see any reason to change my view that 2 points against Hillingdon or,as it was Wingate and Finchley before our trophy game is enough to keep Stuart in employment.

As it is with Wingate being off then I suppose I have to look to a win on Tuesday in order to save SM.

" As it is with Wingate being off then I suppose I have to look to a win on Tuesday in order to save SM."

Cor blimey - I know it is 3 points for a win and that is why I said that we should look for a win on Tuesday as one point will not be enough in the light that Wingate and Finchley is off.

And I haven't had anything to drink since Saturday!

Steph, I agree 3pts is a must on Tuesday as it is on Saturday, thats if we still have promotional aspirations?

We have improved slightly with enthusiasm, effort and teamwork (not defending) and priority is we continue to improve but with the points too.

I think its a bit strong that the gaffer should go if he cant get the points, however, his position will be on tenderhooks if we only get 2pts in the next 2 games dont care how 'unlucky' we were.

I sense a few points these next 2 games.